Would this bother anyone else?

Folie

Today was hetic and I didn't get to see my boyfriend. He's usually great. We're very open. I know he's my soulmate. He tells me in person, and on the phone, he loves me all the time. Every time we text, and I write I love you he writes back Ditto! This drives me up the wall.
ssad.gif
Am I being silly or would this annoy anyone else?

I can be the same at times but as women sometimes we tend to over think
& read too much into things. Me personally I raise concerns that bother me to a partner sometimes it's not for the good but it's best to let it out than keep it in.

summerblue

Since he verbally say's I love you all the time in person & on the phone than I wouldn't let it bother you that he justs texts "ditto" when he replies to your texts. It's not like you don't hear I love you from him all the time.

LMD84

i agree with the above poster. if he says it verbally and over the phone then i wouldn't be fussed about a text that just says ditto. bring it up with him if you'd like. but i personally would just accept it.

Meisje

If he does it every time, and you haven't said anything about it yet --- he might think that you think it's cute and that it's your "thing" together.

Next time he does it, wait until you're alone, and then say, nicely and sweetly, "Hey hon... How about we give the 'ditto' a break and switch back to 'I love you'?" If you guys end up discussing it further, make sure you don't sound upset. Because this is more of a preference thing, and he hasn't done anything to upset you, really. Just tell him how much you enjoy hearing 'I love you' from him and that you would rather it than 'ditto'.

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaaLaaMonroe
I can be the same at times but as women sometimes we tend to over think
& read too much into things. Me personally I raise concerns that bother me to a partner sometimes it's not for the good but it's best to let it out than keep it in.

Yeah, I tend to over things in general.
yes.gif
I guess, I didn't bring it up because I wasn't sure if it was too little to bring up.

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
If he does it every time, and you haven't said anything about it yet --- he might think that you think it's cute and that it's your "thing" together.

Next time he does it, wait until you're alone, and then say, nicely and sweetly, "Hey hon... How about we give the 'ditto' a break and switch back to 'I love you'?" If you guys end up discussing it further, make sure you don't sound upset. Because this is more of a preference thing, and he hasn't done anything to upset you, really. Just tell him how much you enjoy hearing 'I love you' from him and that you would rather it than 'ditto'.

Thanks. I'll try that.
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

that reminds me of Ghost.. he never said i love you, always ditto.. than after he died when he told her ditto she started to cry because it was their thing, even though she hated it at first.
but anyway lol you can mention it but i do not think it is a big deal.. i would be silly about it like "u don't love me, waaah!" but i am a goof ball and people expect that from me.

LittleMaryJane

I don't like people saying ditto under any circumstances, so yeah it would bother me as much as something like that could bother me. I'd just tell him I don't like him saying ditto...

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
that reminds me of Ghost.. he never said i love you, always ditto.. than after he died when he told her ditto she started to cry because it was their thing, even though she hated it at first.
but anyway lol you can mention it but i do not think it is a big deal.. i would be silly about it like "u don't love me, waaah!" but i am a goof ball and people expect that from me.

I never saw it before. That sounds so beautiful.
smiles.gif

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I don't like people saying ditto under any circumstances, so yeah it would bother me as much as something like that could bother me. I'd just tell him I don't like him saying ditto...

Glad to see it's not me. However, it makes me very happy when he says it on the phone or in person.
smiles.gif

brianjenny17

Quote:

I thought of that as soooon as I read this. I say this sometimes to my boyfriend and he makes fun of me because of it

iadoremac

funny thing is i actually say ditto sometimes when my bf tells me he loves me so i wouldnt worry about it if i were you and i dont think its worth bringing up. Now if he didnt say anything back or changes the topic then you should be worried

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
funny thing is i actually say ditto sometimes when my bf tells me he loves me so i wouldnt worry about it if i were you and i dont think its worth bringing up. Now if he didnt say anything back or changes the topic then you should be worried

Yeah, I know he loves me. It was just a silly thing. I tried to tell him, but felt silly and changed the subject before I could.
blonde.gif

m4dswine

Quote:

I was just thinking - Ghost!!

Latest posts