Would you keep certain brands of Nail Polish because they are that brand?

xFlossy

I am going through all my nail polishes and putting all the similar ones in a pile and going through the ones I do and don't like etc etc. I have a few OPI and CND's too which as much as I like the colours, I don't really like on me but am reluctant to give away because well, they are OPI and CND. Bearing in mind also that they retail for about $20 over here.

Would you keep them even if you don't like them and they don't have good coverage because they are a tad expensive and "Brand Name" I guess?

kpenn

Personally, if I am never ever going to wear something, I either give it away or sell/swap it. There is no point in hoarding something just because of its name when someone else could be using and loving it! It just collects dust and wastes space. Maybe you could swap for something else that you will like better or sell it and use the money to buy yourself something you'll like more.

Also, when this happens to me, I keep a little list of what I sold/swapped to remind myself the kinds of colours I DON'T like so that I don't get tempted to buy something similar in the future
thmbup.gif

xFlossy

You know what, your right. I feel silly for asking lol. Can you recommend a good yellow polish which goes on easy? I have Need Sunglasses? in OPI but no matter how many coats its still sheer. Preferably a creme

BEA2LS

my favorite yellow is sally hansen lightening (yes im pretty sure its spelled that way)
if i dont like a polish i dont keep it, period. but i dont really buy for the brand name, more for the colors.

LMD84

honestly i would sell them or swap them for something you do like. there is no point at all keeping something because the brand looks good on your dresser!
smiles.gif
such a waste because i bet somebody would really love the colours and get good use out of them.

generally i buy whatever colour i like. i'm not brand oriantated in general really. well apart from skincare where Clarins takes my money!

bebs

yes and no

I' would have said in the past yes.. however lately I've been getting better and only keeping what I use and if it doesn't get used it gets put in a certain place on my nail polish shelves and then after a month of no use or want to use it.. well it goes in the swap or sell bin

take it from somebody who is clearing out collections and getting ready to move.. don't keep something you never use it just takes up the space of something use that you could love

sell or trade them!

bebs

as for yellow.. depends on brand.. I have a number of nubars that are a nice yellow and can build quickly..

nubar: lemon sorbet and hot yellow
cg: happy go lucky

Latest posts