Would you recc the flastronic msf on asian tone skin?

cinnybuns

I've been lemming these forawhile now, but I feel like I can't pull the colors/shimmer off as well...esp during the summer I get "Glowy alot" and i'm scare the shimmer would amplify that much more...what do you guys thing?

MA at mac pro said i was nc30...I think i'm a fair skin asian.

me_jelly

I think that northern light and global glow would suit you the best - northern light can be used alone as a glowy natural blush on your skin (or on top of pinky blushes) while global glow can be used as a subtle bronzer - just apply with a 187 - it tends to pick up the perfect amount - if you happen to get any glitter chunks, just buff it off with you brush.
To be honest, Gold spill would not show up well on someone with your skintone (you have to layer it like crazy to get any of the peachy color..and when you do, it's a glittery mess) - you can use it as a highlighter but really all it would give you is some glittery shine. So stick with northern lights and/or global glow.

Beauty Mark

Northern Light as a blush will look good. I just really hate the glitter chunks; it looks like I have skin flakes over my face. Luckily, they do eventually go awy

amietron

When I went to the MAC store, I asked the MA which of the three MSFs would most suit me (I'm Asian, NC20) and she said Northern Light would be the best. I really wanted Global Glow or Gold Spill because I like the color, but she said they wouldn't show. =\

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amietron
When I went to the MAC store, I asked the MA which of the three MSFs would most suit me (I'm Asian, NC20) and she said Northern Light would be the best. I really wanted Global Glow or Gold Spill because I like the color, but she said they wouldn't show. =\

Gold spill might not show up on you (I really wanted it to work!!) but Global glow will definitely show up on you - I'm NC35 and I use it as a really subtle golden bronzer
smiles.gif

starr

awww man... i'm asian and nc40.. so that means gold spill won't definitely show up on me
ssad.gif
guess i'll have to change my MSF to-buy list from gold spill to global glow, oh well.

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
awww man... i'm asian and nc40.. so that means gold spill won't definitely show up on me
ssad.gif
guess i'll have to change my MSF to-buy list from gold spill to global glow, oh well.

I feel you! Gold spill was on my "must-list" before the collection was launched...but I ended up with Global glow instead of Gold spill =(

MisaMayah

I got all three and really you can use all of them and im quite dark. All of them are subtle colours anyway. Here's how they look on me:
Northern Light- soft shimmery pink/coral
Global Glow- light golden bronze shimmer
Gold Spill- gold shimmer

However Gold Spill is defo the one with least colour payoff

Best thing to do is try them on yourself next time you go to Mac, regardless of what the MUA says will suit you. Get which one you think looks good on you go with that!!

tropical_smiles

i'm asian and NC30-40 and i have all three msf from flashtronic. I use gold spill as a highlighter and I just love love love it!!! actually here is the funny thing, the other day i had done my make up and did use my gold spill on my face but i think some of the gold spill fell onto my boob area ( I have big boobs which seem to catch everything) and when i went out , a couple of the guys i was with kept gawking at my chest and i couldn't figure out why until my guy friend told me later on that my chest had a nice shimmer. I couldn't figure out what I had touched until i realized it was the MSF. It defined my boob lines even more..ha ha but hte guys love it *lOL*

cinnybuns

Hey guys thanks so much for your impute I was able to stop by mac today and pick up the recommended Global Glow and Northern Lights. I didn't want to over do the coloring so I may have to make another trip to mac next week
cheerleader.gif
. But overall I"m very happy with the colors *hugs all of you*

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnybuns
Hey guys thanks so much for your impute I was able to stop by mac today and pick up the recommended Global Glow and Northern Lights. I didn't want to over do the coloring so I may have to make another trip to mac next week
cheerleader.gif
. But overall I"m very happy with the colors *hugs all of you*

Glad it worked for you! Have fun with the colors, they are so fun to play with!
thmbup.gif

starr

thanks for all the recs too
smiles.gif
i've thought about it and its best that i just get all 3 MSFs and just swap whichever one doesn't show up in my skin
smiles.gif
After all, these MSFs will probably be hard to find in the next few months or so
smiles.gif

powderpaint

Hi Im NC 30-35 (same as you) and I wanted to purchase all three MSF's but when I tried it on my skin only Northern Light & Global Glow looked good (i got those two). Gold Spill hardly showed up on my skin.

Among the 2 MSFs Ive purchased, Northern Light is my favorite.

Latest posts