Wrist Watch Piercing?!?!?

xbrookecorex

That piercing was my obsession for all of highschool (NOT with the watch, just a surface piercing on my wrist). I wanted one sooooooooo bad, and was planning on it for my 18th birthday

Pretty much everyone I talked to and everything I read said DONT DO IT. I guess surface piericings have a hugeeee rejection rate (meaning it will probably just get pushed out through the top of your skin over time = waste of money and probably infection.) I talked to a piercer and he said that wrist piercings and 'back of the neck' piercings have about a 70% rejection rate and it would be gone in like 2 weeks
ssad.gif

So I never ended up getting it. I really did/do like how it looks though. It's unique, and I HATE facial piercings so very much. I think they totally destroy the part of your body that is looked at most, and I just feel like they look like imperfections, no matter who they're on. With the wrist piercing, I felt like I could still be pierced, without having it alter my looks in any way.... it would kind of just look like jewelry.

Just my two cents *shrug*

MiCHiE

Uh....no. As soon as I saw it, my first thought was having it catch on something, banging it or another painful predicament...

prinzessin784

OMG OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! What the heck is wrong with a normal watch? For me anyway it's the strap that makes the fashion statement anyway!!!

labwom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Nope. Rejection rate, plus I would probably get it caught on something.

That would hurt like hell!

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
That would hurt like hell!

Actually, I think it would be likely to be yanked out entirely.

Bernadette

That's really dumb. I can't imagine it not getting ripped out.
I'm not a big fan of piercings in general but that one might win the dumb award.

kaliraksha

I saw the eyeglasses and I can't even tell they are a piercing til I saw it off... in which case it looks... a bit creepy? Yeah, I would say no to the pain but if the look is your style then whatever =0

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
That has got to be the grossest website ever.

Awww, I love bmezine.com. I always direct it to people who want piercings; I think the personal stories are always helpful.

However, after going there so often, I learned you can get pretty much anything done to your body that you want and that anything can be pierced. I didn't need to know all of the piercings possible
eeksign.gif

d_flawless

you'd never be late, but i think that's gross.

no offense to anyone on here who loves the piercings, but some (i.e., wrist, back of neck) are basically asking for someone to randomnly yank it out...i just think they're ugly.