WTF, Meet the Fleet? and other looks : -)

Dice1233

Soo, I'll start with the less frustrating looks.

Thanksgiving:
DSCN4572.jpg

DSCN4579.jpg

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC melon pigment
MAC e/s glamour check!
MAC e/s shroom
MAC eye kohl teddy
MAC fibre rich mascara

Lips:
MAC l/g viva glam VI

Next day:
DSCN4593.jpg

DSCN4594.jpg

DSCN4595.jpg

DSCN4596.jpg

Eyes:
UDPP
Coastal Scents paradise sea green mica
MAC pigment old gold
MAC pigment emerald green
MAC e/s shroom
Fetish eyeliner jewel
MAC fibre rich mascara

Lips:
Hard Candy candy coating lip gloss -caramel

And.... this. This is my third or fourth attempt with Meet the Fleet. I cannot get it to work for the life of me. When I try to blend, it all disappears. Then, I reapply, and it gets splotchy. Very, very irritating. Am I just too much of a noob for this shadow right now? Is it this shade or the matte texture? Anyone else have this issue or have tips to help me not hate it?

DSCN4599.jpg

DSCN4601.jpg

This was:

UDPP
MAC pigment vanilla
MAC e/s Meet the Fleet
MAC e/s Clarity
Coastal Scents pencil me in liner - boysenberry
MAC fibre rich mascara

CC and help appreciated!
001_unsure.gif

darkwater_soul

Maybe try a slightly creamier base, in addition to Meet the Fleet? It seems to act like a matte... Also, try to use a small very dense brush to pick up the color, and instead of Swiping it on, patting in on in the area you want it... called "packing". Lightly blend the dges of the shadow, or pick up some shadow of a slightly lighter color to blend the edges. HTH. !

Dice1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruvianprinces
so prettyyy
lovin your eyes
greengrin.gif

Thanks so much!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
Maybe try a slightly creamier base, in addition to Meet the Fleet? It seems to act like a matte... Also, try to use a small very dense brush to pick up the color, and instead of Swiping it on, patting in on in the area you want it... called "packing". Lightly blend the dges of the shadow, or pick up some shadow of a slightly lighter color to blend the edges. HTH. !

Ok, maybe a paint pot instead or as well as UDPP? I'm also considering giving Too Faced shadow insurance a try vs. UDPP. I am using a small dense brush and patting, but maybe I'll try blending with a lighter color - thanks so much for the tips!

darkwater_soul

Your welcome. I have also found that putting my mattes on first, then blending them out with frosts or lustres over it helps too, because mattes don't stick well to a chunkier or looser texture (if that makes sense, lol) the only problem to that is you have to be pretty precise in application, but once you practice once or twice it gets easier.
smiles.gif

malika

Thank you so much for showing me what you do with Meet the Fleet! I bought it too, it looks so pretty in the pan - but I haven't yet completely figured out how to wear it. And thank you for the tip darkwater_soul!

leenybeeny

Looks great! Sometimes, I will apply the darker colour first, then when I apply the lighter colour, it allows me to blend everything a lot easier. Especially when the shades are very contrasting. I love the MAC pencil brush for working with my crease. I will pick up just a little colour and keep adding more as I need it.

Krasevayadancer

This looks nice. I agree, if you want to use something that is harder to work with texture wise, a creamy base will help a lot
smiles.gif
A great crease/blending brush helps too! Try the 219 and 222
smiles.gif

PinkPearl

i personally like meet the fleet! i guess it depends on what kind of brush u use.. i would normally put it on my crease with my 222 brush.. oh, and also use a dark base if u want the color to show up true to the pan.. something like sharkskin shadestick or waveline fluidline would be great
smiles.gif
hope that helps!

Latest posts