Yay! Depotting is fun!!

heenx0x0

I just depotted 2 eyeshadows and damn that was hella fun!! I just happened upon the depotting tutorial and it reminded me that I have two pan eyeshadows I would REALLY like to get into pots. I have a bunch of eyeshadows I need to put up for swap/sale so I used two of those to depot. It was my first time and god that was SUPER easy!! I didn't have an exacto knife so I just used a paring knife and it worked perfectly! Plus in the beginning the tutorial it says "once you have your tool under the lip pry the two pieces apart. You might have to use a little force, but the well containing the metal pan will pop right out of the main pot" but I just used my nail to pop it open. I was too chicken to use the knife, with my luck I'd slip and cut myself! Well, I just wanted to tell everyone that's afraid of depotting...don't be! You CAN do it! lol Gooood luck!!

heenx0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHannah
You popped them apart with your nail? Wow, I wish my nails were that strong!

That's so funny, it never even occurred to me that everyone couldn't do that! I bit my nails really badly until I was about 18 and for the past 5 years they've grown back with a vengeance! My nails are pretty strong now that I think about it! lol

bellaetoile

glad it worked well for you! i think depotting is pretty fun as well, and i've only had a couple minor accidents and 1 casualty and i've depotted almost 100 shadows and blushes. i still buy everything in pot form, so i can depot, and get B2M lipsticks! haha.

MisStarrlight

While I love depotting-I find it super relaxing-it's actually more expensive (still) to buy the pots & use them for B2M....

13.50 x 15= 202.50--->15 shadows
+ 12.50--->the cost of the palette
-------------------------------------------------------------
150---->15 pan shadows
+12.50----->palette
+35---->2 and a half lipsticks

So for 15 potted shadows & 2and a half B2M lipsticks you're paying $205 & it's $197.50...it's not all the much difference, but it saves a ton of time & you can get Viva Glams if you do it the non-B2M route.

And you've still can get the joy of depotting the LEs!

michitk

i love depotting...its always like a little achievement when i get the shadow out without any problems. i've had no accidents yet (watch, i just jinxed myself!)

AudreyNicole

I did my first 12 yesterday! Now I am trying to choose my B2M lipsticks
smiles.gif
It was super easy, although I did have one that cracked a little on me
ssad.gif

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdulock
My husband depots mine. I think he likes doing it.

You are lucky. My husband's eyes glaze over the moment I mention makeup
rofl.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
You are lucky. My husband's eyes glaze over the moment I mention makeup
rofl.gif

*lmao* I just explained to my husband this thread, told him Shawna's comments are my sentiments exactly, and his face turned embarassed and pouty at the same time.
rofl.gif

Julia Vanhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenx0x0
That's so funny, it never even occurred to me that everyone couldn't do that! I bit my nails really badly until I was about 18 and for the past 5 years they've grown back with a vengeance! My nails are pretty strong now that I think about it! lol

I used to be that way too. I have biting my nails for as long as I can remember, then suddenly one day I just stop biting them. It looks healther now to have the nails and not have to worry about other ppl noticing your habit.

I also use my nails to pry the insert from the actual pot. It is actually very easy to do and does not hurt at all.

heenx0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Vanhorn
I used to be that way too. I have biting my nails for as long as I can remember, then suddenly one day I just stop biting them. It looks healther now to have the nails and not have to worry about other ppl noticing your habit.

I also use my nails to pry the insert from the actual pot. It is actually very easy to do and does not hurt at all.

oh yea, that would definitely be a lot easier than the knife I was using! Thanks for the tip...now if I only had some more eyeshadows to depot!

serendipityii

I use a tiny flathead computer screw-type deal... my nails can get brittle sometimes, and using a knife is a no-no for me since I'm a huge klutz.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
I use a tiny flathead computer screw-type deal... my nails can get brittle sometimes, and using a knife is a no-no for me since I'm a huge klutz.

I used to... until I lost the damn thing. Now I use an Exacto (that's kinda dull since I'm a klutz too and I'd probably poke myself), and I totally melt the bottom til it's gooey and then push it out from the bottom. No poke-age!!

lokailyve

depotting is fun, especially when i get to have another lipstick!
smiles.gif

wow, i can't believe you used your nails!! i used an exacto knife & sometimes some of the pots refuse to pop open. anyways have fun picking out B2M lippies.
smiles.gif

Latest posts