Yellow dress

chnkyeyes

I have a wedding coming up and I have a bright yellow dress. What eyeshadows would you recommend? I'm planning on wearing black heels. I LOVE Katherine McPhee's eye makeup in her new video Love Story. She's wearing a yellow dress also. I wish I knew what her eye shadow colors were. It's exactly what I had in mind. Not too bright and out there but still with a hint of yellow/gold in the inner corners.

Any recommendations?
hmm.gif

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkyeyes
I have a wedding coming up and I have a bright yellow dress. What eyeshadows would you recommend? I'm planning on wearing black heels. I LOVE Katherine McPhee's eye makeup in her new video Love Story. She's wearing a yellow dress also. I wish I knew what her eye shadow colors were. It's exactly what I had in mind. Not too bright and out there but still with a hint of yellow/gold in the inner corners.

Any recommendations?
hmm.gif

I would do a jewel purple toned smokey eye, with gold/yellow on the inner corner. It would be a beautiful combo, and would work well with your darker skin tone. I've never seen the video you're talking about but some of the other ladies might.

thelilprincess

or maybe gold/yellow with a bit of turquoise or teal??

i just wore yellow wedge shoes with a teal shirt when i went to Hollywood over the weekend - and i love the color combo. (oh, but kept my makeup neutral with coral lips)

oohhh, go check out temptalia.com. she does a lot of yellows/gold with pinks sometimes and they all look good.

cho

light gold shimmer on the corners of your eye and light chocolate shimmer eyeshadow w/ brown eyeliner.

it worked for me :p

tiramisu

If you can google Reese Witherspoon's look at the Oscars (I think) this past year, she looked gorgeous and natural... plus she was wearing a bright yellow dress too. Someone has to have a picture here of it....?

I just quick googled it.. here is a link to a photo...with a close up of her makeup too!! Woot!
thmbup.gif

http://fabsugar.com/107977

HTH!!