you have a mac problem when..

Gisselle

i have finally realized that my mac collection has gotten out of control. i have filled my mac box and mac carry all. i just got another haul in the mail today and going to order more tomorrow. has anyone reached the point of enough is enough? i dont think i have yet....but with so many collections coming out, its getting hard to keep up. i buy all LE e/s and pigments no matter if i use it or not. lol i think i need to stop soon. any one else in the same position?

cathythi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisselle
i have finally realized that my mac collection has gotten out of control. i have filled my mac box and mac carry all. i just got another haul in the mail today and going to order more tomorrow. has anyone reached the point of enough is enough? i dont think i have yet....but with so many collections coming out, its getting hard to keep up. i buy all LE e/s and pigments no matter if i use it or not. lol i think i need to stop soon. any one else in the same position?

i feel you girl, sometimes i wonder if i really need backups, or even backups of my backups.. especially for the le items like a muse and avante gold, i got backups and even though they look like they will take forever to use up..
greengrin.gif

PrettyKitty

Yup, I reached the point of enough is enough... but can't stop to buy new stuff! I never buy backups, at least.

mzcelaneous

I haven't reached that point neither, but I never buy back-ups. I figure by the time I run out of whatever that is, I'll find something as good or better. So far, that's how it's been
smiles.gif

ilovexnerdsx

oh man. my mom tells me all the time about how much of macaholic i am and i totally agree with her... though that doesn't mean i'll quit
winks.gif
i haven't bought backups yet but i probably would if i had some more money!

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathythi
i feel you girl, sometimes i wonder if i really need backups, or even backups of my backups.. especially for the le items like a muse and avante gold, i got backups and even though they look like they will take forever to use up..
greengrin.gif

Me too, I never used to get backups, but now I'm buying every color in the collection plus a backup of each. It's craziness.

freyja313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisselle
with so many collections coming out, its getting hard to keep up. i buy all LE e/s and pigments no matter if i use it or not. lol i think i need to stop soon. any one else in the same position?

I do the same thing with the e/s and piggies! My coworkers make fun of me because they know I am a sucker for the e/s in every collection and "my" MA at the counter puts all the LEs on hold for me. I originally wasn't interested in ANY of the A Muse e/s because I didn't want the Mineralize finish but I checked 'em out at the counter anyway and wound up buying ALL of them. I think after the Technacolour collection I am going to have to slow down because my wallet is on fire! Thankfully so far the fall collection descriptions aren't tempting me too much. Yet.

xtinemelanie

reached that point long time ago. one look at my bills and i had it! i still buy mac though, but in moderation. i learned from a bad d'bo haul to stop impulse buying since i sold almost everything away. it's okay, it'll pass
smiles.gif

specktra or the mac community on LJ doesn't help, huh? lol!

lianna

Me too! I *know* I don't need everything but the LE factor is just making me buy so compulsively and I spend a ton just trying to keep up with collections. Partly it's because I don't want to miss out on anything that I might want later and have to shell out a bomb for on Ebay but it's also cos there's such a lot of interesting things out that I just can't seem to stop.

But I'll have to get over this sooner or later cos my wallet can't take much more!

joytheobscure

I am not as bad as I was last year, I have been trying to use what I have which is a ton of products. I just try to limit trips to a mac counter and not buy online. I'm getting better at getting what I *need* vs. buying every LE product.

DOLLface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
oh man. my mom tells me all the time about how much of macaholic i am and i totally agree with her... though that doesn't mean i'll quit
winks.gif
i haven't bought backups yet but i probably would if i had some more money!

I'm the same way. My mom is always going on about how that's where I spend all my money. I'd be buying back-ups if I had the extra money, too.

FemmeNoir

I bet MAC looovvvves reading this board and seeing people saying how much they buy because it is LE. No wonder they keep making LE products!

I have a lot of MAC, so I really don't find much new in the collections.

SARAHluvsMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
I bet MAC looovvvves reading this board and seeing people saying how much they buy because it is LE. No wonder they keep making LE products!

i was just thinking that...not that it stops me from buying though

queenofdisaster

i havent gotten anything from any of the past new collections... nothing stood out in the past 3 months except for blue edge from technacolor. the stuff that i really like is perm, like the plushglasses, technakohls and lll's... so i can hold off until i save up for them... im too scared to use my cc so i sell on ebay for extra makeup money...

Raerae

I buy based on creating "looks" rather than just because it's LE. This way I know the thing I purchase are going to be useable, rather than just looking cute in the pots.

Wont stop me from having like 5+ shades of the same color as I "tweak" looks over time heh.

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir

I agree with this entire post.