You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!

AdlersMommy22

So Im hanging out @ my grents w/ Adler today and I get a letter in the mail from my college.

Apparently, since I withdrew from two classes after the withdrawl date in the spring 07 semester, I am no longer in good standing and am having my financial aid revoked.

I am SO PISSED.

I have one more semester to go before I get my degree, and this semester I was doing a ton of internships and working my ass off to head up the production of the college's cable channel...... I cant even come close to affording to pay for those classes on my own... and I have a freaking 3.8 GPA..

They said I wasn't "showing satisfactory progress" since the spring 07 semester and I was like --- wtf?? I got a 4.0 this semester with 16 hours WHILE taking care of a newborn and working 30+ hours a week... I had IMPECABLE attendance--- how the FUCK am i not showing satisfactory progress????

So i call up to the FA office and the lady confirms that it was because of the spring 07 semester that my FA is being revoked-- and I ask her WHY when I re-applied this school year they even gave me the money for my classes-- she said "well i guess that they just now did catch it."

TWO YEARS LATER THEY JUST NOW CAUGHT IT?!

She said that they should have sent me a letter letting me know that I was on academic probation- and i asked her WHY i was on academic probation with a 3.8 GPA.. its a little hard to bring that up much more than what it already is.

She said she had no answer for me and I had to file an appeal... so I did.. now i have to wait 2 weeks to hear if im going to get my financial aid or not... and im stressing like hell!

I mean I dont know what to do.. I just feel like i row row row my boat and dont get anywhere. I mean I work so much... EVERY PENNY i make goes towards my son, bills, and now lawyer fees.. I was praying I'd get to finally buy some MAC for the first time in friggin 3 months with my Christmas money but it looks like I'll have to wait and possibly put it towards at least being able to take ONE class next semester.......

Im just so frustrated. Im not asking for much here.. just a friggin education. I dont get how dropping two classes 2 years ago is affecting me THIS MUCH. Its not like I freakign skip class or dont try... my record speaks for itself there!

IM SO FRUSTRATED! all i want to do is get a good job and take care of my son and myself... why is this so damn difficult?!?!?!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

couturesista

The same thing happened to me a semester ago. Don't worry, your appeal will be approved. You have a good GPA so there shouldn't be any problems.

The government set new rules and regulations regarding FA. Alot of students were registering for classes and withdrawing after they received their refund check which basically means they were wasting money and time. SInce FA is a government based program they put this measure in place to hold Bullshit students accountable for their behaviour. (not referring to u) Don't worry I think you have a warning and then probation and an appeal before your actually unable to receive FA.

ohnna-lee

Probably isn't just you, they may have done an audit and are cutting lots of people to relieve themselves of people/extra costs that they can. You might be able to fight this and win.

I know lots of businesses are doing this to cut back on expenses, sorry to hear of your struggle. If you feel your lawyer isn't fighting this with all he can get a new one.

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
Probably isn't just you, they may have done an audit and are cutting lots of people to relieve themselves of people/extra costs that they can. You might be able to fight this and win.

I know lots of businesses are doing this to cut back on expenses, sorry to hear of your struggle. If you feel your lawyer isn't fighting this with all he can get a new one.

my lawyer is for my custody battle with my son's father.....

Which is why i cant afford to pay for college without financial assistance. all my money goes towards my son's lawyer and.... everything else that goes along with having a child. I depend on this financial aid to get a degree and become a contributing member of society.. ugh!

joey444

WOW!! This sucks! And right before the holidays too. I'm sure everything will be fine, especially since you've had a good GPA and good attendance. Hopefully, someone with a little common sense can review your case and give you the financial aid back so you can finish. YOU ARE SOOOOO CLOSE!!!

Good Luck!

couturesista

I'll keep you in my prayers about this ( Not being rude, just in case you don't believe in the power of prayer, I apologize in advance, but if you do, I got ur back)
Again, don't worry, it will work out fine. Your hard work will pay off. Don't stress urself sit back and enjoy ur holiday with Adler, deal with it when u have to. There's nothing u can do about it for another two wks. SMILE!

wifey806

omg that happened to me!! I had 2 semesters left (one now) and haven't gotten anything less than a B- in 2 years! I dropped cuz my dad had cancer, and it was too much.

in the end, i appealed to the board and told them basically what i told u in a very detailed, eloquent letter. Then the a-holes had the NERVE to ask me for proof that i wouldn't let my dad's health affect me anymore.

EXCUSE ME???!!! if ANYONE in my family needs me dude, i'll f-ing me there!! So I then I wrote them some legal mumbo jumbo about violating state/federal law concerning doctor/patient confidentiality. Thus I couldn't discuss his current status, or make promises, but that i would "try not to let it affect my schooling in the future".

they finally reinstated my financial aid.
so don't sit there and take it!! u deserve this!! U fight, and u will win, I KNOW IT!! you are a MOM, therefore the STRONGEST type of human out there!!

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
my lawyer is for my custody battle with my son's father.....

Which is why i cant afford to pay for college without financial assistance. all my money goes towards my son's lawyer and.... everything else that goes along with having a child. I depend on this financial aid to get a degree and become a contributing member of society.. ugh!

well now I feel like a total dipshit, sorry.

They don't have the right to do that, single mothers get aid to help with supporting their children, it infuriates me! Men that do that need to be shot in the b@lls@ck! Sorry, just my opinion.

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I'll keep you in my prayers about this ( Not being rude, just in case you don't believe in the power of prayer, I apologize in advance, but if you do, I got ur back)
Again, don't worry, it will work out fine. Your hard work will pay off. Don't stress urself sit back and enjoy ur holiday with Adler, deal with it when u have to. There's nothing u can do about it for another two wks. SMILE!

Oh I believe in prayer more than anything in the world- and it means SO much to me that you would keep me in your prayers-- and I know, theres nothing I can do about it
ssad.gif
which super sucks because i dwell on things badly. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
omg that happened to me!! I had 2 semesters left (one now) and haven't gotten anything less than a B- in 2 years! I dropped cuz my dad had cancer, and it was too much.

in the end, i appealed to the board and told them basically what i told u in a very detailed, eloquent letter. Then the a-holes had the NERVE to ask me for proof that i wouldn't let my dad's health affect me anymore.

EXCUSE ME???!!! if ANYONE in my family needs me dude, i'll f-ing me there!! So I then I wrote them some legal mumbo jumbo about violating state/federal law concerning doctor/patient confidentiality. Thus I couldn't discuss his current status, or make promises, but that i would "try not to let it affect my schooling in the future".

they finally reinstated my financial aid.
so don't sit there and take it!! u deserve this!! U fight, and u will win, I KNOW IT!! you are a MOM, therefore the STRONGEST type of human out there!!

Aw thanks hun.. thats fucking HORRIBLE that they would ask for proof... EXCUSE YOU? I would have flipped out... wtf???

Im sorry to hear about your dad- I hope things are better... and thanks for letting mek now what happened... its good to know you got your stuff re-instated.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
well now I feel like a total dipshit, sorry.

They don't have the right to do that, single mothers get aid to help with supporting their children, it infuriates me! Men that do that need to be shot in the b@lls@ck! Sorry, just my opinion.

HAHA, dont feel like a dipshit, its all good
yes.gif
And I dont know if whoever took it away knew if i had a son, but when I wrote my appeal I def let them know over and over again that I did. I also let them know that if I couldnt finish out my degree that not only would it be affecting my life, but also the livelihood of my 9 month old son who depends on me for survival. I figure if they wouldnt take pity on me at least they might take pity on my baby whos outcome really does depend on me getting my shit together and getting a good job and providing him with the best life possible so that he can make HIS life the best it can possibly be.

Quote:
Let's cheer u up a bit Missy, what's ADLER been up to?

Oh hes crawling now.... its ridiculous. EVERYWHERE. He stands up and "cruises".. he also said "mama!" for the first time last week and reached for me... it was the cutest thing. EVER.
choochoo.gif

nunu

Quote:
Let's cheer u up a bit Missy, what's ADLER been up to?

Good pint
winkiss.gif

Hope Adler is doing well
smiles.gif

carandru

I agree w/ what most posters have said. You definitely should have appealed it, and you will win. I don't really see any possible way that you couldn't, but I too will keep you in my prayers. As for now, I would gather any documentation you feel you may need i.e. if you withdrew for medical reasons or whatever. If not, since you can't do anything for 2 weeks, I suggest you enjoy your holiday w/ adler and the rest of your family. Don't stress too much, I'm sure it will all work out just fine for you. Given all that you have accomplished so far, I know there is no way you won't be just fine.

lindsaycoe

Ah bureaucratic BS. You gotta love it. Don't stress, hun. I'm sure that everything will get straightened out and you will get your financial aid. If not, you want me to take'em out? I know people...
smiles.gif

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Oh I believe in prayer more than anything in the world- and it means SO much to me that you would keep me in your prayers-- and I know, theres nothing I can do about it
ssad.gif
which super sucks because i dwell on things badly. LOL

Aw thanks hun.. thats fucking HORRIBLE that they would ask for proof... EXCUSE YOU? I would have flipped out... wtf???

Im sorry to hear about your dad- I hope things are better... and thanks for letting mek now what happened... its good to know you got your stuff re-instated.!

HAHA, dont feel like a dipshit, its all good
yes.gif
And I dont know if whoever took it away knew if i had a son, but when I wrote my appeal I def let them know over and over again that I did. I also let them know that if I couldnt finish out my degree that not only would it be affecting my life, but also the livelihood of my 9 month old son who depends on me for survival. I figure if they wouldnt take pity on me at least they might take pity on my baby whos outcome really does depend on me getting my shit together and getting a good job and providing him with the best life possible so that he can make HIS life the best it can possibly be.

Oh hes crawling now.... its ridiculous. EVERYWHERE. He stands up and "cruises".. he also said "mama!" for the first time last week and reached for me... it was the cutest thing. EVER.
choochoo.gif

Thinking of ur baby just makes everything seem so minor! I love my suggamama ( My daughter).

Yeah for Adler, just watch him around the fridge and the toilet! I don't what it is but when they start walking its to the fridge and the toilet! Grub and hub!

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Thinking of ur baby just makes everything seem so minor! I love my suggamama ( My daughter).

Yeah for Adler, just watch him around the fridge and the toilet! I don't what it is but when they start walking its to the fridge and the toilet! Grub and hub!

hahaha SO TRUE... omg it grossed me out because i found him in the bathroom the other day holdingonto the edge of the toilet.. I was like "ADLER NO!!!!!!!!"

I could just see him falling in.. or... ew-- putting his fingers in his mouth.... *shudder*

the thought of it makes me want to puke..

I was so grossed out i threw him right in the bath. LOL

Latest posts