You know...

Ada

I think I'm going to skip the Mineralized Eye Shadow Duos.

I mean... they look really pretty and all, and I'm sure the quality is great, i was originally planning on getting ALL of them... but the colors are nothing special. I have eye shadows in all those colors already. And they can't be de-potted so they'd take up a lot of space in my makeup drawer. Eh. I think I'm going to pass. So that means just a couple of lipsticks and Shooting Star MSF from Amuse.

You know what else? I think the only things I'm getting from Turquatic are Vibrational l/g and Turquatic e/s. I was already planning on skipping Patternmaker (ugly packaging) and Avant Gold (nothing interesting). I might even skip Technakohl-- I have a million eyeliners already & I don't love velvet shadows.

Anyone else initially get really excited about all the new stuff, but then realize they don't really want any of it? I think I'm just burned out-- I went crazy with the spring/early summer collections and now I'm just... sated. Could it be that... *gasp*... I have enough makeup for now?

MACGoddess

I don't think I am going to get the Mineralized e/s either quite honestly. We will get one or two in gratis and I think I'll just stick with what I get...

All I REALLY want from Turquatic is Purple Shower e/s

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
Anyone else initially get really excited about all the new stuff, but then realize they don't really want any of it? I think I'm just burned out-- I went crazy with the spring/early summer collections and now I'm just... sated. Could it be that... *gasp*... I have enough makeup for now?

Yeah, that's how I've been about new collections lately. I think it's also the fact that I don't have a job right now. I know I can't get much, so I don't get too excited about it.

princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada

Actually, I feel the same way too, keep having the feeling that I have spent too much on MAC and I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all the stuff I have especially lipglosses (ok that's so sad since my collection is not that big anyway)... I don't want them to spoil before I can fully utlise them!
I think I should spend more on other stuff like skincare and clothing instead.

Anyway, MAC always come out with new stuff so I think I wouldn't *die* if I skip a few collections. The only thing I really want is Procelain Pink MSF. (for now at least... heee.)
tong.gif

a914butterfly

i feel the same way. im trying to only get the items that i really need and are different from anything i have. i have spent so much money on mac and not focusing on other important things like bills, clothing, and saving up money. i also notice that mac is comming out with new collections with only short periods in between, leaving less time to save up for the next collection. in my opinion, mac is getting unprofessional with their cosmetics, meaning this is becomming more like a gimmick, and not a serious makeup line. it seems to be more about the new collections (eye candy) and not just focusing on what products and colors are out already.

Shawna

My dishwasher caught fire last week so now I have to save money to fix the damage
ssad.gif
No makeup for me for a while. Thank goodness I was quick enough to disconnect it and get it away from the wall before it set the whole house on fire.

dizzy4tex

but the colors are nothing special. I have eye shadows in all those colors already.

It seems that everyone is saying this lately. I think they're just putting out too many lines too close together. I couldn't really keep up if I wanted to, which I don't b/c a lot of it is looking repititious to me anyway.
th_confused_new.gif

JesusShaves

i really like tres teal (although i dont grab it as much).. but i'll have to check out the colours in person before i decide on anything. there doesnt seem to be any stand outs... so im not as riled up for it

Wattage

I agree. I have this thing where I don't like eyeshadow duos when the shadows touch each other...

Vicky88

No way! I'm the other way round, I dislike things at first then I look a them more and more and I HAVE to have them.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
im trying to only get the items that i really need

is there really such a thing?
winks.gif

I'm being very selective with what i buy now as well, they're putting out too many LE items that look the same or slightly different IMO.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
I think I'm going to skip the Mineralized Eye Shadow Duos.

(...)

Could it be that... *gasp*... I have enough makeup for now?

I'm going to skip them as well probably... I hated the rococo ones!!!

and just to be sure, you have NEVER enough make up!

mac_goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I agree. I have this thing where I don't like eyeshadow duos when the shadows touch each other...

Same here, but I'll probably be buying these and keeping extra q-tips in my makeup case, just to randomly go down the middle line to make sure one colour isn't on the other.

lovejam

I do want a couple of the eyeshadow duos, and definitely Shimpagne because I missed it the first time around. Also, I'm gonna want a couple of things from Turquatic, definitely.

But, yeah, otherwise, nothing really interests me.

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
My dishwasher caught fire last week so now I have to save money to fix the damage
ssad.gif
No makeup for me for a while. Thank goodness I was quick enough to disconnect it and get it away from the wall before it set the whole house on fire.

HOLY crap! I never knew that could even happen! Thank god your ok and it didnt cause alot of damage! Honestly that really freaks me out!

LineausBH58

i thought i was the only one.... i must buy makeup atleast 3 times a week... from $10 to $65 a haul...each time and i swear i just collect it....i use mua everyday...but sometimes i just plain forget what i have.....anyway...i didn't see anything i will be buying...online... i hope they Still disappoint me in person....

d_flawless

i think we just get hyped because we're not supposed to know what's going on because the scenes...cuz personally, i change my mind so much once i get to the counter and see if for myself

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage

same with me.. I think they are pretty but I would like be wanting to clean them more then use them in the end... though a plain black one to use as eyeliner would rule!