You proposing to HIM?

KIT

What do u ladies think of that? Some people say it takes away his moment..but let me tell u my story. Sorry if it runs a little long...

Ive been with my boyfriend for 10 years, im 25 he's 27 and we have a 3 year old son. We live with is parents since he got laid off and we have to pay for daycare etc..just cant afford anything right now...In a nut shell, we've had major ups and downs, but we managed to still be together.

Just recently i've been thinking about marriage ALOT!!! i feel like i love him more than ever, I see him in a different light. As before i started to hate him, and i wasnt attracted to him. Now when i looks at him, I catch myself unable to look away, cause im thinking that he is soo handsome. Anyways, He in the past, many times, asked me if i would ever marry him, and i would always say no no no...And i think if I were to be the one to pop the question, it would be saying alot, and not to mention i was the one he asked him to be my boyfriend at the age of 15. I started it, why not finish it...

Let me know ur opinions about this, or if u were the one to propose to ur hubby lets hear those stories!!!

chynegal

i say do it!!! there is no reason a woman cant ask a man to marry her and since u where the first to ask him about 10 years ago i think it would be perfect for you to ask him to marry you.....it would also be a cute story to tell ur grandkids too

KIT

Really? i feel like im gowing a pair..One minute i have the balls to do, and the next im nervous..Do u think i should get a ring and all?
Thanks

chynegal

you will be fine... before you do it just think about how much you love this man and how much u want to spend the rest of your life with him and u will find the courage to do it... heeh that would be cute if u got a ring =)

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIT
Really? i feel like im gowing a pair..One minute i have the balls to do, and the next im nervous..Do u think i should get a ring and all?
Thanks

Do you want a ring for him or for yourself?

If the symbol is for him, I think you should use something that you feel reflects him and/or what your relationship means to each other. It doesn't have to be a material based symbol.. it could be a gesture, an event etc. If you want a ring for yourself afterward (and I'm not suggesting that you should be denied that if you want it, even if you do propose) then you can talk about it together and perhaps pick out a ring with him that works for both of you.

I don't really see anything wrong with a woman proposing to a guy. In fact, I think it's kind of nice.
smiles.gif

KIT

I would get him a ring, but of course i wouldnt deny him getting me one..LOL. But im not big on having a wedding, especially cause we dont have the funds for it. Im happy to go to VEGAS BABY!! maybe later just have a reception or a huge bash.
I am just so lost as to how, or where to do it. I guess i just gotta Do It.

I was either thinking about doing a whole proposal thing, or just getting him to take atrip to vegas and just bringing it up there...casually, and saying lets just do it!!!
Thanks girls, i really appreciate ur responses.

Tat2dbeauty07

I say do it. I did it but it didnt work out to well. I've been with what I would call the love of my life since I was 16 and he was 37 we had major ups and downs and had our first child this past february. He's been married and divorced before. He had a girlfriend when I met him he's actually still with her and being strait forward and honest with him I said to him I want you to marry me and you can still see her. He declined saying he didnt love her anymore and told me no to the marriage proposal but replied back he loved me more than I'll ever know. I to have my moments where I hate him because I feel theirs time hes left me to raise this baby on my own when Ive been by his side for the last almost 6 years through thick and thin. No matter what way the question goes we will never be married no matter how hard I wish. I need to grow some balls and move on I know but its hard when its your true love and I always have hope that he will have a change of heart on the marriage proposal. I know if he ever asked I'd say yes.

chynegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I say do it. I did it but it didnt work out to well. I've been with what I would call the love of my life since I was 16 and he was 37 we had major ups and downs and had our first child this past february. He's been married and divorced before. He had a girlfriend when I met him he's actually still with her and being strait forward and honest with him I said to him I want you to marry me and you can still see her. He declined saying he didnt love her anymore and told me no to the marriage proposal but replied back he loved me more than I'll ever know. I to have my moments where I hate him because I feel theirs time hes left me to raise this baby on my own when Ive been by his side for the last almost 6 years through thick and thin. No matter what way the question goes we will never be married no matter how hard I wish. I need to grow some balls and move on I know but its hard when its your true love and I always have hope that he will have a change of heart on the marriage proposal. I know if he ever asked I'd say yes.

have you ever been in love before you meet him? When people are togetther so long they find it hard to move on because thats what you know and they have this fear that no one will ever love them like this person does and vice versa but if u really ever want to move on you will find the courage to do it i always tell my self " amanda there is someone out there for you" lol

chynegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIT
I would get him a ring, but of course i wouldnt deny him getting me one..LOL. But im not big on having a wedding, especially cause we dont have the funds for it. Im happy to go to VEGAS BABY!! maybe later just have a reception or a huge bash.
I am just so lost as to how, or where to do it. I guess i just gotta Do It.

I was either thinking about doing a whole proposal thing, or just getting him to take atrip to vegas and just bringing it up there...casually, and saying lets just do it!!!
Thanks girls, i really appreciate ur responses.

when i got married i did it at the court house because i didnt have the money to do this big wedding that i wanted. me and my husband at the time were gonna save up for 3 yrs and then renew our vows...

KIT

Quote:

WOW....i dont know how u deal with that. Its like having someone/something so close, but yet so far away. im sure everything will work out. and if u chose to move on, it can only get better, and time heals everything. ur young, experience the world. Cause it seems like he has nothing to offer you or ur beautiful baby. Good Luck Love.

KIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
when i got married i did it at the court house because i didnt have the money to do this big wedding that i wanted. me and my husband at the time were gonna save up for 3 yrs and then renew our vows...

im gonna think long and hard this weekend. Im pretty sure my mind is made up but im a woman, i may change my mind..LOL

malaviKat

Quote:

Am I reading this right? You asked him to marry you but told him he could continue to see his girlfriend?
shockt.gif

Almost black.

Quote:

WTF?!
wtff.gif

I really can't believe that you wrote this. At first I thought I read it all wrong so I read it again and I still don't believe this.
shockt.gif

Yeah, he really loves you.. that much that he even has another woman beside him for so many years. Man, if that ain't love I really don't know what is.
th_rolleye0014.gif

GET REAL! He doesn't love you, he never had and he never will. This ain't love! And please, at least if you can't think about yourself please think of that baby. I really can't believe this is real. Poor that baby.
nope.gif

Sorry for my attitude but can't help myself.

LMD84

my friend proposed to her boyfriend and it didn't go quite as she'd planned. however they are now happily married - i think what put him off to start was that he felt it was his job to propose and that she'd taken something away from him by doing it first.

however if you asked him out in the first place he's obviously not afraid of letting a lady take the lead! good luck with it!

KIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
my friend proposed to her boyfriend and it didn't go quite as she'd planned. however they are now happily married - i think what put him off to start was that he felt it was his job to propose and that she'd taken something away from him by doing it first.

however if you asked him out in the first place he's obviously not afraid of letting a lady take the lead! good luck with it!

yeah that's what im scared of. I dont want to take that moment away from him, but i also think its kinda cheesy to be like, " okay im ready, so u can propose at any time".

Oh well, i guess i dont need to rush anything, I've been waiting 10 years already!!!

cupcake_x

Why not? I honestly see myself proposing in a few years.

You don't have to go on one knee or even buy him a ring. I feel like a simple, "Do you want to marry me?" would do, honestly.

Let us know how it goes, if you go through with it!