You tube tutorials

Mandypaul

Hey guys

I am in no way knocking the people that do tutorials on You Tube (cause i love them lol) but i am starting to think lately that a lot of them are mostly promoting certain companies, while this is fine and i cant blame them yay free stuff lol.

But there is a part of me now though that will go on their video and i am not sure whether they really like the products or are just saying they do because they are getting it for free, and promoting whatever company sent them the products. I just feel that it used to be better when people seemed more honest on what products they used and what they like etc.

There are still a lot of people on You Tube that dont does this, and now i tend to watch their videos alot more. I know its up to them what they do with their channel, but i just think its a bit of a shame.

For instance there was one person who was promoting a blush palette, and they said it seems like a great buy, and not too long ago the same person said that they would rather buy one good blush than one with a lot of blushers which were not as good. But then they are sent a blush palette from the company, and they are then promoting it?

Sorry to waffle, and again i am not bashing the people on You Tube, as they go out of there way to do this for us, and i do love nearly all of their channels.

user79

This has definitely become an issue but I think a few things need to be said here. I'm also a part of the Youtube community and yes I have had companies contacting me, wanting me to try out and do a video on their products.

It's really up to the integrity of the filmmaker to decide which products they decide to promote and which not. I always tell these companies that yes, they may send me products to try out and if I like them and can actually recommend them as good products, then I will do a video on them.

I think it's a good way for companies that do actually have good products, but nobody knows about them, to get the word out! It will benefit everybody! There might me a small-time mineral makeup company that has amazing products, but no one knows about them, so why not do a video on these products that are worthy of attention? You as the viewer might learn about some great new products that otherwise you wouldn't have, and it will also help the company to gain new customers. The filmmaker probably benefits the least, tbh, aside from getting some free stuff.

But on the other hand, doing a video for some product just for the sake of getting free products is something I do not endorse either. So if a company were to send me some products that I didn't like, I just would not do a video on them (and yes that has happened in my case.)

I don't know how other Youtubers do it, but if a product is received that is actually of good quality, good price, etc...why not get the word out? What I don't like is when people do reviews and say something is great when it's really obvious that they haven't even really tried it out (like brushes are still in the original wrapping, etc.)

Mandypaul

yea i agree with everything you have said, and i agree if they like the product please tell us about it, but if you dont like it then dont pretend you do.

Latest posts