Your experience with Hyper Real?

veilchen

When I was at the counter last time I saw an MA put it on a girl and she looked really lovely, very glowing ...

Now I consider getting one for myself, though I already had one from the old formulation years ago, which I tossed since I didn't have the correct colour (and the coverage was just too sheer for my skin then) ...

What are your experiences with and thoughts of the newly formulated Hyper Real SPF 15? How much coverage does it actually provide now? Also, if I put on some powder (oily T-zone), would it take away most of the shine (as I would think ...)? Does it rub off easily (the old one did, I can remember)?

Does anyone break out from it? I've heard and read that many break out on other MAC foundations ... I've just got my skin into balance and want to avoid anything that might change this.

I'd be very very grateful for your input! Thanks a lot in advance!

Niclyf

My experience with HyperReal ...

I LOVED the finish .. but it broke me out big time .. if you're combo or prone to breakouts .. I'd skip it
ssad.gif

RussianSexpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilchen
When I was at the counter last time I saw an MA put it on a girl and she looked really lovely, very glowing ...

Now I consider getting one for myself, though I already had one from the old formulation years ago, which I tossed since I didn't have the correct colour (and the coverage was just too sheer for my skin then) ...

What are your experiences with and thoughts of the newly formulated Hyper Real SPF 15? How much coverage does it actually provide now? Also, if I put on some powder (oily T-zone), would it take away most of the shine (as I would think ...)? Does it rub off easily (the old one did, I can remember)?

Does anyone break out from it? I've heard and read that many break out on other MAC foundations ... I've just got my skin into balance and want to avoid anything that might change this.

I'd be very very grateful for your input! Thanks a lot in advance!

Doh! I was wonderin why it had a glow to it, I didn't know that...I just got hyper real about two weeks ago, I like it alot. If you're looking for something with alot of coverage though, I'd go for another kind. I have a little redness on my cheeks and it just evens that out. I've yet to have it rub off on me, but I normally do a light dusting of studio fix over it, so I don't know..

About the shiny part, I did notice that the first couple of times it made my nose a freakin mirror - but I've found what I had to do was wash my face beforehand, put on a moisturizer, and then wipe off the excess until I got a non-shiny nose, but that's just me.

mich.

veilchen

Thanks a lot for your input, ladies! I think I'll probably go for another foundation and just use some pearly highlighter to get a glow ...

Indigowaters

I wanted to know when are you supposed to use it? I saw another member say she was going to use it before winter came, so is it taboo to use during that season?

a914butterfly

i love my hyper real foundation (the liquid form one). it makes my skin "glowy" and the coverage is excellent and lasts all day. even if i put very little or no makeup on, with the hyper real foundation my face looks nice and has "color" to it. its my HG!!!

hyperRealGurl

Hyper Real is my all time favs..... hints my member name.. lol
its does give ur face an all around glow... i love the coverage also
even with the great coverage it doesnt feel heavy on either... i love to combine hyper real with sunsparked beauty powder to give my face an extra glow, this fnds look beautiful with gloden bronze loose powder from MAC also. I have sensitive skin and never had a break out or any type of irritaiton

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I wanted to know when are you supposed to use it? I saw another member say she was going to use it before winter came, so is it taboo to use during that season?

IMO this fndn can be used at anytime.... i use it with a day look, evening look, i skip the beauty powder when im wearing it during the day. but for a night out i use it beauty powder or gloden bronse loose powder extra shimmery

queenofdisaster

i had a bottle of the old formula. i loved it, but i ended up giving it to my mom b/c she liked it and i just wanted to be nice
smiles.gif
i'm planning on getting another bottle soon, and i'm glad they reformulated it b/c now it has spf15.
th_sign_woot.gif
anywho, with the old formulation, i loved the coverage and loved the iridescence. i used it a lot with delicacy iridescent pressed powder and it looked beautiful!
winks.gif
i hope it's still the same consistency.

Indigowaters

What’s the difference between using strobe cream with your regular foundation (SFF, etc.) and just using Hyperreal?

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
What’s the difference between using strobe cream with your regular foundation (SFF, etc.) and just using Hyperreal?

u can almost get the same affect when using strobe cream instead of hyper real fndn... the only difference i can see doing that is with the foundation u will get more of an even shimmery/glowy feel to it.. and when using strobe cream u have a higher chance of having an un-even shimmer coverage. I generally dont use my strobe cream for all over use.. mainly for certain areas i want to highlight

Katura

ooooh...ive wanted to try this out for sooooo long. But I dont know what color is right for me and I dread going in makeup-less to figure it out...haha...

absolut_blonde

HATED it.

It was super-sparkly on me in daylight. Now, I am not opposed to some degree of glow or shimmer-- heck, I love Strobe Cream, MSFs, etc. But this was extremely obvious and fake looking.

Also, the lightest NC colour was way too yellow on my PPP skin (for what it's worth, NC15 is usually a good match for me)

HotPinkHeels

i love Hyperreal-it's my everyday foundation. i find it gives a stunning, ethereal glow and covers any redness in my cheeks/around my nose-i get a lot of compliments when i wear this foundation.
it's just beautiful for waking up tired skin or if i've been unwell-i wear it all year round.
reference: PPP NW15-20 Dry skin