Your Favorite MAC Face Powder? (new to using MAC products)

BeautyNut

I absolutely love this site! Ya'll are amazing with make-up advice!
clap.gif
Thank you!

What is your favorite MAC face powder, and Why?

I want a powder that gives MORE coverage than not.
What would you suggest?
I was thinking of the Loose/Irridesent powder. :confused:

Please give me some feedback.

Thank you very much!

eco

Studio Fix Powder!

This is my fav. and i think if you do a search on it you will find that most specktrettes agree that it has great coverage. This powder can get me through a day if i forget to bring my foundation wherever i am-- thats how great it covers. It has very nice packaging, including a mirror and a lower compartment for the disc sponge applicator. The MA at my counter suggested using a brush to apply.... however i use the sponge 99% of the time as the coverage is stronger that way.

I have never tried the loose or irridescent powders, but I do believe they have a more sheer coverage.

cherrycola

Studio Fix oxidises pretty badly on my combination skin
ssad.gif

I've used Select Sheer Pressed as well as the Mystery Powder from the Couture collection. Both give light coverage and are good for touch-ups over regular foundation, and I also use them alone over moisturiser for days when I want barely-there makeup.

cinnamongurlee

i like blot loose powder and pressed for work - i like the coverage and finish it gives. even without touchups, i don't get overly shiny
i am just about to try the couture powder, i will have to see what i think, as i have not yet played with it since xmas

NikkiHorror

Studio Fix gives the best coverage of any powder I've ever tried, it lasts a log time, and it's fairly inexpensive. I also loooove Blot Powder but that's because I'm oily. Loose powders are a pain in the ass to deal with on a daily basis. They have this uncanny habit of spilling everywhere in your purse...

The other option is to get a powder mill. It's pressed powder in a bottom comparment and you twist a mechanism in the top compartment that shaves off the top layer of the pressed powder underneath and you get instant loose powder without all the imminent mess! I don't know why MAC hasn't made one of these yet, they're great!

BeautyNut

Thank you, everyone!
Ya'll are so helpful and informative. I hope to gain half your experience with MAC in the future (lol).
smiles.gif

Thanks again!!

rouquinne

Select Sheer Loose!

i have this and the pressed and they are both really great. however, you do have to buy one shade LIGHTER than your foundation.

Scorpdva

Just got blot powder and I love it. I get very oily and it seems to control that very well without making my face look like i have a ton of powder on it.