Your most overused/favourite makeup technique or trick?

Kat

Mine is lining my bottom lashline with eyeshadow....in the same/toning colour (mainly daytime) or a contrasting colour (always gets comments at night time) to the lid, depending on my mood. I love doing it so much that the few eyeliners I do own are sadly disused
rofl.gif

What's your most overused/favourite technique?

Kat

I'm frightened to start with fake lashes...I've seen the results and I'd be instantly addicted!

Piaqua

Fix+... I must spray it on me at least 5 times thoughout the course of a normal make-up application, and a bunch of times during the day. Oh, and I am thinking of putting it in my carryon for when I fly to San Juan in a little over a week. I hate how dry my skin gets on planes...

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Dragging my e/s out towards my brows... I started it a while ago and it looked awesome, so I've kinda kept going with it...

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
Fix+... I must spray it on me at least 5 times thoughout the course of a normal make-up application, and a bunch of times during the day. Oh, and I am thinking of putting it in my carryon for when I fly to San Juan in a little over a week. I hate how dry my skin gets on planes...

I must try this stuff!! Strangely enough I was just watching Oprah (ok, so i'm home sick from work today and I love daytime teevee!) and they were talking about the importance of something to set your makeup. I'm dying to try some.

asraicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I must try this stuff!! they were talking about the importance of something to set your makeup. I'm dying to try some.

Fix+ doesn't actually 'set' makeup...what it does it takes powdery finishes & makes them less obviously so

blueyedlady87

I am in love with this technique:
I use a darker crease color and put it on w/ the 219 pencil brush and then I go over it in a similar, slightly lighter color w/ the 224 and blend. It makes perfect crease colors every time!

lara

Individual lashes. I use them all the time on clients, and they subtly lift a face from 'lovely' to 'wow!' without being over the top.

allan_willb

not my personal trick but a bunch of my friends always to this to turn themselfs into girls...hehe

to hide their "umi's" (beard) or (5 o'clock shaddow) they blast wet and wild bright red lip stick which is only like 99 cents all over there chins and jaw line.Then take full coverage foundation with a spounge and buff it out.Then contour with highlighting powder the jaw line and chin.Then brush off with loose powder.

AND YOUR A WOMAN!!!!

I personally dont do drag but I know a bunch of guys that do and they got some tricks.

Pushpa

i am going to say lining my lower lashline with shadow...it is just such an easy thing to do to add a pop to the look

Lipstick

Using my StudioFix with a wet Sea sponge.

Takes a minute. Much better coverage. No powder feeling. Stay much longer.

lovemichelle

I like layering on cheek colors.. usually i use milanis luminous blush with petticoat msf and pink opal pigment. it's not too shimmery or anything, but gives a nice color contrast. I also like using multiple mascaras. and green concealer on my lips to tone down my natural color.

cletus2894

Mine is also lining my lower lash line/inner rim with eyeshadow. I only do it when going out, but I love it!!

user4

i didnt know lining ur lower lid with shadow was a "trick"... i do it all the time... i guess that's mine... haha... and
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
not my personal trick but a bunch of my friends always to this to turn themselfs into girls...hehe

to hide their "umi's" (beard) or (5 o'clock shaddow) they blast wet and wild bright red lip stick which is only like 99 cents all over there chins and jaw line.Then take full coverage foundation with a spounge and buff it out.Then contour with highlighting powder the jaw line and chin.Then brush off with loose powder.

AND YOUR A WOMAN!!!!

I personally dont do drag but I know a bunch of guys that do and they got some tricks.

WOW!!!

gorgeousgirlie

I always layer my blush. I use the darker colour for the hollows of my cheeks and the lighter one/ or a MSF on the cheekbones. Makes it look so much more 3 dimensional instead of just 1 plain colour on the cheeks.

I also dab on a touch of vanilla pigment on the middle of my lips after adding lipstick to make my lips look fuller and it looks better!

serendipityii

I picked this up from one of the threads here, but I'm a big fan of layering e/s over Smolder e/k... especially the duochromes like Stars 'n Rockets!

pugmommy7

i agree, i love how it looks like a luminous neon.
when you say lining your lower lid, do you just mean outward? I have done that when line seems like to much for the look and i agree it hold the eye together. but i have been loving seeing people pack the color onto the waterline and pull down then hit the lower lid with a middle tone of the same color. what a POP! shame it doesn't last on me. nor does fliudline as a wtareliner. hmmm maybe they should come out with a clear powerpoint that you could put shadow on to make it last on the waterline. b/c before powerpoint, i was just a raccoon!

love layeing blushes and highlighters.

my best trick is to apply dark shadows with a spongtip applicator-oh the horror
winks.gif
to prevent fallout. Then I blend with my brushes and I waste a LOT less.

Sushi_Flower

Giving your outer lashes more attention when applying mascara, makes a hige difference to me. And applying Hover Lipliner over or under any lipgloss/lipstick colour so that the colour works for me - this honestly means i can wear nearly any lip shade (unless it's insanely dark which i wouldn't buy in the first place) now as i can never usually find one that suits me.