Your top MAC lipglosses/lipsticks for Darker skintones

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralicious
I've got that kinda sexy l/s, but so far..i don't know which kind or colour of lipgloss to top it off.. any ideas?

Kinda sexy is soft inoccent pink and it's matte, very pretty! I think it will go well with somthing like instant gold or love nector l/g, just give it a little golden shine and let the original color show through.

elektra513

Pinkarat is the bomb, y'all. My first l/g and my love
eyelove.gif

I have Palatial, too, and it's coming in 2nd.

As far as l/s goes, I don't have any faves. I'm not really a [MAC] l/s person, but I luvs me some gloss. If I had to pick one though (from MAC), I'd say 3-D. It's a nice girlie pink.

BadBadGirl

Do you think it is possible for any of our posters to take pictures of their lips with their favorite gloss on it? I'm tired of using clear lipglass. :)

I went to try the ever-popular Oh Baby, it looked ok on me I guess, but my SO thought it was too light.

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Do you think it is possible for any of our posters to take pictures of their lips with their favorite gloss on it? I'm tired of using clear lipglass. :)

I went to try the ever-popular Oh Baby, it looked ok on me I guess, but my SO thought it was too light.

Not sure if you can really see it, but I'm wearing Blue/Brown pigment on my lips in my avatar picture.
thmbup.gif

circusflavouredgum

Lipsticks: O, Sophisto, Charismatic, CB96, Dubonnet, Midimauve, Sequin, Plum Dandy, Honeyflower, Plastique, VG's, Meltdown

Lipglass: Lychee Luxe (so glad you mentioned it little chocolatema! People would always be scared when I pulled it out at the counter), Oyster Girl, Revealing, Enchantress, Nymphette, Pink Poodle, Nico

Lustreglass: Spring bean, Flashmode, Little Vi, Ornamental, Instant Gold

I think with really light or matte lipglosses and lipsticks, as long as you mix some clear lipglass into them you can make them work too. It breaks up the "white" or "chalky" look to it.

*edited I loove blue brown mixed into gloss.Pink Pearl and Pink Bronze also are so pretty in a pinch with clear gloss.*

Misshopeful24

I love Nymphette Lipglosse thats the only color that seems to look good on me i guess other then using clear... Im just afriad of colors that seem to look "painted" on such dark lips. well mine that is.

Nikki_L

i like darker lipcolors so my faves are:
media, film noir, hipster(le). my fave l/gs are desire, shock-o-late, and bazaarish(le).

maven821

Here's a few of my fav lipsticks:

Hug Me
Taupe
Skew
Cosmo
Fast Play
Syrup
Midimauve
Touch
Underplay

I'm not really a lipgloss person but I do like:

VGV
Enchantress
Palatial

Here's a couple pictures, I'm about NC43.

img7081rq4.jpg

^ MAC Skew

img7383fb8.jpg

^ MAC Taupe

If anyone can post pics of themselves wearing their fav lippies, I would love to see them! I'd especially like to see how Kinda Sexy looks on darker skintones.
smiles.gif

kiannack

Just brought my 2nd MAC lipstick Capricious and so far its my fav its kinda pinkish but suprisingly looks great with my nw45 skintone.

yummy411

for darker skin tones.. i absolutely love viva glam 6 lipglass... or the combo with the l/s and l/g also viva glam 1 l/s is amazing!

okay.. one more oh baby will forever be a fave!

KawaiiPrincess

I rcently bought Honeyflower and I love it. A very nice nude colour. Glosses that I like...
Flashmode
Pinkarat
Decorative
Pop Mode

Those are my favourite <3

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralicious
do freckletone l/s goes well with a C3?I was just curious.. =/

It should! It is a gorgeous nude beige that has a nice warm undertone--like a light caramel. Yummy shade, and as a C3 it will look gorgeous on you!
eyelove.gif

uniquelydivine

Lipglass: Nymphette, Viva Glam V, Bodymind (Raquel Welch Collection), Fashion Pack (Barbie Loves MAC), Oh Baby, Prrr

Lustreglass: Pinkarat, Petal Pusher, Beaux (I'm Wearing It In My Pic), Sinnamon, Flusterose

Plushglass: Fulfilled, Posh It Up

Lipgelee: Slicked Pink, Goldensoft

Tinted Lip Conditioner (Jar): Miss Bunny, Baumy Bronze

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiPrincess
I rcently bought Honeyflower and I love it. A very nice nude colour. Glosses that I like...
Flashmode
Pinkarat
Decorative
Pop Mode

Those are my favourite <3

I have Honeyflower and it is the perfect nude lipstick on me. I just wish that it wasn't a lustre
ssad.gif
I can't stand the texture.

kishahughes

My favorite as of right now!!!! "Oh! Love Nectar, how I love thee".
clap.gif

Ramblin' Rose(w/strip down l/p,and love nectar l/g) = yummy peachy color.

Honey Flower w/ love nectar l/g= the nude brown I have been searching for..lol...
cheerleader.gif

anjdes

In lipsticks I like Twig - its a nice neutral, slightly mauve-y. Its a very easy lipstick to wear, and by that I mean I can swipe it on and go , there's no need to even out my skin by using foundation/concealer like I have to when I use a stronger shade like Dubonnet . Am I making any sense? Does anyone else face this problem?

I also love the tinted lip conditioners in Fuchsia Fix and Gentle Coral. The Coral one especially really brightens my face. I'm NC43 btw.

In lipglass Lust is a good neutral.