You're calling me NOW!?! D: MAC Employee Questions!

BloodMittens

Okay, so I had a demo interview about a month ago, and I had another interview after that, they told me I was pretty much hired, but never said it, and then I never got a call back.

So I went on my merry way and got myself hired as a secretary for one of my dad's friends company. It's a nice job, easy but I only get paid about $8/hr. Which really isn't much to me, but I do get to sit around half the time and do absolutely nothing. Which is kinda relaxing and nice.

Then low and behold, today is my birthday and I get a call from MAC on my answering machine that I didn't get until now, 11pm. So I was like "SHIT! I missed it!" and the lady told me to call her back and told me she was a recruiter for a MAC store and not a counter. So that's kinda nice to think about
greengrin.gif
But... I just got settled at my new job... and now I'm getting calls for MAC. I don't wanna let this pass up, but I don't wanna quit my job right away when I'm not even sure if they will keep me or not and then lose this nice full time job.

But I LOOOOOOOOOVE Mac. And I have a few questions for MAC Employees that just started out.

1. Can you start out working nights and weekends by any chance, and what is the chances they will hire you under those contexts? For instance, I work at my full-time job from 8am-4pm everyday except for Saturdays and Sundays. Could I put down my availability as being nights and weekends and still get hired for part-time, which is the job that is being offered right now at MAC?

2. I know people don't like me asking this, because it goes against MAC's code of employee conduct to ask how much the salary per hour is... but I'm going to ask for someone to possibly give me a price range of a MAC store in the Chicagoland area or a downtown area of any sort?

3. Has anyone here who has gotten hired for MAC ever really regretted it? I KNOW I would love working there, it's been my dream job for years, but my OCD has been in the way and making me feel bad about applying. So has anyone here regretted it?

4. What are the benefits if any for a full-time MAC employee? If I get hired for part-time, I wanna work until I can get a full-time position.

Thank you all for your answers and whatever support I get.

PS: It's my birthday.. so many good things happening. But confusing... I LOVE IT!
cheerleader.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
congratulations!

Thank you!

I'm so confused on what to do right now though... and I'm scared they won't allow me to work nights and weekends.

ARGH D:

Katura

Re: You're calling me NOW!?! D: MAC Employer Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens

1. Can you start out working nights and weekends by any chance, and what is the chances they will hire you under those contexts? For instance, I work at my full-time job from 8am-4pm everyday except for Saturdays and Sundays. Could I put down my availability as being nights and weekends and still get hired for part-time, which is the job that is being offered right now at MAC?

2. I know people don't like me asking this, because it goes against MAC's code of employee conduct to ask how much the salary per hour is... but I'm going to ask for someone to possibly give me a price range of a MAC store in the Chicagoland area or a downtown area of any sort?

3. Has anyone here who has gotten hired for MAC ever really regretted it? I KNOW I would love working there, it's been my dream job for years, but my OCD has been in the way and making me feel bad about applying. So has anyone here regretted it?

4. What are the benefits if any for a full-time MAC employee? If I get hired for part-time, I wanna work until I can get a full-time position.

Thank you all for your answers and whatever support I get.

PS: It's my birthday.. so many good things happening. But confusing... I LOVE IT!
cheerleader.gif

CONGRATS!!!

1- Yes, you can get hired as part time, I'm hired at 15 hrs, usually go in from 6-10 some weeknights and work weekends. I'd take a full time pos. in a heart beat though...and they do come up, just let your manager know you are intersted.

2 - You are correct, not supposed to discuss, but I will say you will be very happy with it. Very.

3 - I havent regretted a thing, but we did have a couple girls who came in, got the job, and just didnt think it was a the right fit. But give it more than a day. dont let it overwhelm you because you'll learn the flow quickly!

4 - They will give you a book with all benefits/FAQ's/info you'll need. The benefit program for fulltimers seems like it would be great, youll hear all about it though.

Yay for you!!!!

Katura

oh! and regarding scheduling, just let your manager that those are the ours you are mainly interested in, it shouldnt be a problem.

Jot

congrats and happy birthday.
see if you can get the hours round you other job but if not i'd think seriously before turning it down, it might be easier to get another secretary job than a MAC one!
Having a job you love would be amazing!

FacesbyNiki

Yeah what Katura said.

I have a full time job and I only worked friday nights, saturdays and sundays. So it can be done.

And congratulations!