YSL Discussion Thread

franlynne

Funnily enough I came across your earlier posts about these new shades as I was curious if anyone had purchased these new shades. Glad to hear you're still happy with them and that they have a nice creamy texture.

The new shades are not in stores here yet, however I was able to order 215 from strawberrynet. I also ordered 208 and picked up 211 in store today. I am going to wait to see the other new ones in person.
They are so easy to wear. I normally HATE matte lipsticks and will only buy them because I am attracted to the color (TF Pussycat, Pink Tease and and Velvet Cherry). They are so comfortable on the lips. Enjoy them!

SandraVB79

Today I got the 2 fall nail polishes. Fur green and vintage plum. Especially love the vintage plum!

I like the look of the fall eye shadow palette, but it's too bold for me.

MissTania

They are so easy to wear. I normally HATE matte lipsticks and will only buy them because I am attracted to the color (TF Pussycat, Pink Tease and and Velvet Cherry). They are so comfortable on the lips. Enjoy them!

Thank you! They finally arrived and I plan to wear them out soon. I wore 211 recently and it is a stunning shade with coral/pink/red tones. They both look gorgeous. I agree, they are really awesome, comfortable to wear and the packaging is so luxurious.

elkaknits

Went by the YSL counter and visited with the rep for a bit. She knows me very well--nails and lipsticks for color and she had me try on the new NP for this winter. One is a gold glitter and the other silver. But they are like mini paillettes with the golden toned one having pretty rose paillettes interspersed. I tried it on over the gold Dior holiday polish and couldn't stop staring at the little iridescent pink glints. Very very nice. The silver did not impress me as much fwiw.

Both came off easily with NP remover. Not like glitter polish needing to be scraped off and damaging your nails. I had even swatched them on bare nails {well the gold on gold but the silver was on bare nails} Come to think of it the silver might be nice on top of something else as well. They are both billed, by the rep, as toppers.

JerseyGirl

Went by the YSL counter and visited with the rep for a bit. She knows me very well--nails and lipsticks for color and she had me try on the new NP for this winter. One is a gold glitter and the other silver. But they are like mini paillettes with the golden toned one having pretty rose paillettes interspersed. I tried it on over the gold Dior holiday polish and couldn't stop staring at the little iridescent pink glints. Very very nice. The silver did not impress me as much fwiw.

Both came off easily with NP remover. Not like glitter polish needing to be scraped off and damaging your nails. I had even swatched them on bare nails {well the gold on gold but the silver was on bare nails} Come to think of it the silver might be nice on top of something else as well. They are both billed, by the rep, as toppers.

They sound very nice! Thank you for the information

awickedshape

You are correct it appears to be LE according to T - her swatch is so unappealing! I am concerned!

YSL Lumiere Divine Highlighting Finishing Powder Review, Photos, Swatches

I'm guessing it would be up to 90 something AUD.

I hope you get to swatch it!
Is it the same one from last year in the gold and black sequin packaging? I know YSL loves to repackage.

I wanted to send you this YouTube review but OMG the reviewer was rambling so much I couldn't get thru it :/

Last edited:

MissTania

I hope you get to swatch it!
Is it the same one from last year in the gold and black sequin packaging? I know YSL loves to repackage.

I wanted to send you this YouTube review but OMG the reviewer was rambling so much I couldn't get thru it :/

I have no recollection of even seeing last year's HL lol. I know how you feel, I wish they would keep it short and sweet. I often fast forward lol.

awickedshape

I have no recollection of even seeing last year's HL lol. I know how you feel, I wish they would keep it short and sweet. I often fast forward lol.

I don't think I noticed it then either lol

Omg, I skip too.
I kept skipping thru but it was all just too much filler :/

boschicka

I think I have the "highlighter" you're discussing. I'll check at home tonight, but from what I remember, it's not really a highlighter in the way companies have been making them these days.