YSL Discussion Thread

MACina

Stunning haul
eyelove.gif

meleftie

Great hauls both this and Armani! Let us know how do you like Souffle d'eclat 
I will. Wouldn't you know I forgot to use it this morning, reached for my Meteorites out of habit (and call me weird but love how they smell!!)
Omg I love your haul looks beautiful
thank you, i'm so banned for a long time!
Wonderful Haul!  How long did shipping take?
Thank You! Very quick, was fedex, I believe 2 days (and I just chose the free option)
Nice! I especially like the palette on the left
Thanks - thats my favorite I think also.
Woah! Insane! I love it! Great haul!
Thank you!!
   :pompom:  [COLOR=0000FF]Awesome haul Meleftie!!!!  I love all of your choices & hope you enjoy them immensely.  Is that your first Baby Doll K & B?  I LOVE them!  Let me know what you[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]      think of it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   To answer your question, I did the lion-share of my damage when the YSL palettes were 10% off at Nordstrom, along with 6% Ebates return.[/COLOR]
Yes this is my first BabyDoll K&B. I always have trouble blending liquid blushes and not mucking up (have only used the Makeup Forever HD blushes). I was pleased to also get 4% through eBates - love that site!
What a great haul! I really like their Rouge Volupte Shines :). Also I am really enjoying their Kiss and Blushes! I also have #1 and #12 K&B! Hope you enjoy all your goodies!
Glad to hear that these are great products, I was especially nervous trying toe K&B $40 is a lot to spend on something I knew NOTHING about .... lol
Stunning haul :eyelove:
thank you, I think my ban will be worth it

Medgal07

thank you, I think my ban will be worth it
Meleftie, try putting the liquid/cream blush on under your foundation. It doesn't need to be precise because you're controlling the product that you're putting on top.
This was the best tip I've ever received. The blush looks like a natural flush when worn this way. If by chance you apply too much foundation over the blush, you can
repair it by putting a small amount of powder blush in a similar color over it----how on earth would I know that? Been there, done that until I really got the hang of doing it
this way. Now this is the only way that I apply my cream blushes.

meleftie

would love to hear your comparison with meteorites! they are my HG
will use the souffle d'eclat tomorrow and give you a bit of a comparison. I am beyond addicted to the meteorites so not sure I can give a fair comparison.

meleftie

[COLOR=0000FF]   Meleftie, try putting the liquid/cream blush on under your foundation.  It doesn't need to be precise because you're controlling the product that you're putting on top.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   This was the best tip I've ever received.  The blush looks like a natural flush when worn this way.  If by chance you apply too much foundation over the blush, you can[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   repair it by putting a small amount of powder blush in a similar color over it----how on earth would I know that?  Been there, done that until I really got the hang of doing it[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   this way.  Now this is the only way that I apply my cream blushes.[/COLOR]
Thank you Medgal07 what a great tip - something that has never occured to me. Maybe that's why I'm not big on the cremes, always look clownish. I will try this tomorrow!

Medgal07

Thank you Medgal07 what a great tip - something that has never occured to me. Maybe that's why I'm not big on the cremes, always look clownish. I will try this tomorrow!
I can't wait to hear how it goes Meleftie!!!
cheerleader.gif
I'm rooting for you!

Sugar & Spice

I was actually trying to decided on another one too but none of the others spoke to me, however I would have probably got the purple/plum one if I didn't already have Tom Ford Orchid Haze quad which I love.

So #3 & #9 will probably be it for me.

Medgal07

I was actually trying to decided on another one too but none of the others spoke to me, however I would have probably got the purple/plum one if I didn't already have Tom Ford Orchid Haze quad which I love.

So #3 & #9 will probably be it for me.
Alright now Purple Popcorn-----this is just getting a little too freaky----I have TF Orchid Haze too!
I think if I get another YSL palette it would be Parisienne #7 because I have a weakness for pink.

meleftie

[COLOR=0000FF] Alright now Purple Popcorn-----this is just getting a little too freaky----I have TF Orchid Haze too![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I think if I get another YSL palette it would be Parisienne #7 because I have a weakness for pink.[/COLOR]
well if that is freaky I'll add to it - I also have TF Orchid haze and didn't get the other YSL palette because I thought it was too similar also! I did buy the Parisienne #7 but haven't had a chance to swatch yet.

meleftie

[COLOR=0000FF] I can't wait to hear how it goes Meleftie!!!   [/COLOR]:cheer:  [COLOR=0000FF]I'm rooting for you![/COLOR]
So I used this method and was shocked - first of all only needed about three dots of the Baby Doll and of course had a clown circle but then I left it, added foundation and then used same brush to blend out edges and lightly go over and the result was amazing. Now I wish I'd ordered a coral version of these also. Going to be my new favorite blush I predict!!

meleftie

would love to hear your comparison with meteorites! they are my HG
Ok so did the YSL on half my face and the meteorites on the other half. Also did swatches of both on my hand. I can't believe I'm saying this but the YSL has surpassed my beloved HG meteorites and is my new favorite!!!! It seemed to softly blur things a bit more (even more so then the hourglass products do) and because it has the lightest touch of color helped I think also. On my hand swatches the meteorites have more noticeable sparkle (which I've never detected on my face but guessing it IS there) . Not sure how well this swatch shows it but the old lady lines on my hand are less harsh (still there just better) on the Souffle d'eclat side.
at work I said to a co-worker I tried 2 different face products can you tell any differences (without saying what I'd done) and she picked the YSL side saying she didn't know what it was but liked that side of my face better.

Monsy

Sounds awesome thank you. What shade did you pick? I was thinking about number 2 (I am MAC NC15/20 very light with yellow undertones)

meleftie

I'm about an NC40 and purchased shade 3. I wavered between it and 4 but feared that would be too dark, and am glad I ordered the 3. In the meteorites I really haven't ever been able to tell much of a color difference in their shades, I have lots of 3's though, whatever color those are.

matchachoco

[COLOR=0000FF]   Meleftie, try putting the liquid/cream blush on under your foundation.  It doesn't need to be precise because you're controlling the product that you're putting on top.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   This was the best tip I've ever received.  The blush looks like a natural flush when worn this way.  If by chance you apply too much foundation over the blush, you can[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   repair it by putting a small amount of powder blush in a similar color over it----how on earth would I know that?  Been there, done that until I really got the hang of doing it[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   this way.  Now this is the only way that I apply my cream blushes.[/COLOR]
So I used this method and was shocked - first of all only needed about three dots of the Baby Doll and of course had a clown circle but then I left it, added foundation and then used same brush to blend out edges and lightly go over and the result was amazing. Now I wish I'd ordered a coral version of these also. Going to be my new favorite blush I predict!!
I have always steered away from cream blush but you are both making me seriously want to try it! This technique sounds amazing!

USCgirlie

Hi Meleftie! The first time I used Kiss and Blush on my cheeks, it looked quite splotchy (I used my fingers to apply; I'm typically used to powder blushes so am not as adept with finger application). However, once I used a stippling brush, I found that the product applied really well and blended into the skin naturally, so that's how I apply my Kiss and Blushes on the cheeks now :). I actually just posted a review of the K&Bs (and mentioned my application method in depth) on my blog today, if you find it helpful: https://www.themakeupwriteup.com/ysl-kiss-and-blush-review/. Another thing I've found helpful with the K&Bs (if it looks splotchy or uneven) is to exfoliate the skin if needed before application. Hope you will enjoy your K&B, and hope this helps somewhat!!

Edited to say: Sorry, missed the post where you tried Medgal07's technique! I'm glad it worked for you!

Monsy

I'm about an NC40 and purchased shade 3. I wavered between it and 4 but feared that would be too dark, and am glad I ordered the 3. In the meteorites I really haven't ever been able to tell much of a color difference in their shades, I have lots of 3's though, whatever color those are.
thank you