YSL Discussion Thread

elegant-one

I've recently gotten interested in YSL palettes - they look gorgeous, but how do they compare to Tom Ford's quads in terms of pigmentation, blendability, and wear-time?

I think they can be hit or miss as far as pigmentation. TF's are quite pigmented & blendable.

I'm trying to hold out too. Nordies has triple points starting Wednesday and I just may cave.

Ahh shoot! I forgot about the triple points...I ordered a pair of shoes last night! :rofl: Still no swatches of the es palette?

awickedshape

I've recently gotten interested in YSL palettes - they look gorgeous, but how do they compare to Tom Ford's quads in terms of pigmentation, blendability, and wear-time?

A mixed bag.
I like No.9 and No. 10 a lot.
I have a couple LE ones that are of mixed quality.
For TF I only have two cream/powder duos, Raw Jade, Pink Glow and Last Dance. LD is the best of the bunch, to me, though that RJ duochrome is lovely.

Monsy

What does the shade look like on your skin? I just tried a sample of Nars Laguna & I don't like it on me - too yellow toned. I do really love Mac's Golden Rinse on my skin as its rosier.

you are right Laguna is really brown/yellow toned

let me swatch this one for you but i can't promise good photos since it's terribly dark and rainy today

elegant-one

you are right Laguna is really brown/yellow toned

let me swatch this one for you but i can't promise good photos since it's terribly dark and rainy today
Thanks! You don't have to swatch if you don't have the time ;) How would you describe the shade? Does it have shimmer?