YSL Touche Eclat for WOC

marielle78

Are any of you using this? Is it WOC friendly? How do you like it? I thinking about buying this, but I am not sure if I should get shade #3 or #4. I want to highlight under my eyes with it. I'm NC45 in studio tech, NC50 in studio fix.

Blushbaby

Re: YSL Touche Eclat

Oh I have # 4 and I can't get it to show up on me. It blends right into my skin. I used it about 3 times and kinda gave up. Hmmm I'll dig it out tomorrow and try again. I was really disappointed cos I wanted that brightening under-eye effect.

I'm a NC50 btw ..well you can see my complexion in my avatar.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Oh I have # 4 and I can't get it to show up on me. It blends right into my skin. I used it about 3 times and kinda gave up. Hmmm I'll dig it out tomorrow and try again. I was really disappointed cos I wanted that brightening under-eye effect.

I'm a NC50 btw ..well you can see my complexion in my avatar.

Have you considered trying shade #3? Getting a shade lighter will help give you that "brightening" effect
smiles.gif

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
Have you considered trying shade #3? Getting a shade lighter will help give you that "brightening" effect
smiles.gif

I always thought that would be too light for me. Hmmm I've just had a mahoosive haul so am on a beauty diet at the mo, but I'll def consider it when I'm 'allowed' to buy again. Thanks
thmbup.gif

meela188

#3 will not work for you, its for hispanic women or the darker specktrum asian women. touche eclat will not give that exagerrated highlight look, its designed to blend into the skin. you can try something a little thicker to give you that look, i use bobbi brown's creamy concealer under my eyes for that tyra look.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by meela188
#3 will not work for you, its for hispanic women or the darker specktrum asian women. touche eclat will not give that exagerrated highlight look, its designed to blend into the skin. you can try something a little thicker to give you that look, i use bobbi brown's creamy concealer under my eyes for that tyra look.

Thanks - money saved! There was a tut I was watching the other week on YT where the girl just used Arena e/s as an undereye highlight. It looked really good ..in the video anyway, but it's something that I'll try first before forking out on something more expensive.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Thanks - money saved! There was a tut I was watching the other week on YT where the girl just used Arena e/s as an undereye highlight. It looked really good ..in the video anyway, but it's something that I'll try first before forking out on something more expensive.

could you please post or link the youtube video you're speaking of? Thanks tons
smiles.gif