YT Gurus Allthatglitters21 and Juicystar07 at NY Fashion Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexz68

As the title mentions, Blair and Elle got the opportunity to go to NY for Fashion Week as makeup artists for one show. They attended several fashion shows and even walked in Pete Wentz' Clandestine fashion show. While I'm not a huge fan of theirs, it seems they have had a lot of success through YouTube.

brihel769

Yeah there pretty lucky, I think there videos are good, but a little fluffy! I find them informative though

Kragey

I'm a little iffy about their videos--anybody who says they just won't review a free product if they don't like it annoys me, because I'm all about being honest in reviews so the info is out there rather than making what are essentially commercials--but they're sweet girls, and they've done well for themselves. Congrats to them!

dietcokeg

fair play to them! love them or hate them u have to admit they r doing pretty well ( i personally am not a fan!)

Goat Goat Etc.

Really? LAME. Some of the most basic, underwhelming tutorials I've ever seen have come from those two. Where was petrilude? Risa? QueenofBlending? Nikki?

*watches runway video*

Okay, lol, all the gurus I just mentioned would be at better, if not serious shows. Tee shirts, jeans, and chucks? And Ashlee Simpson?
noworry.gif

Caderas

they shouldn't be considered make-up artists. they seem extraordinarily boring and drone-like.. not my cup of tea! i feel sorry that NY Fashion Week was looking at their subscriber count and not the talent, or lack there of.

Kragey

In all fairness, I think the makeup they did for the show was quite nice. Although I'm biased; I love bright, bold lips.

jennyfee

Why all this hate??
Reading the comments i felt jea-lou-sy.... huh huh!!
I think we should give them a break, they were given an incredible chance and they are really grateful for that, i would be mad if they had had an attitude about it, but they do not... which I think is nice...
Anyway... I don't see why they are being criticized here!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfee

Cause their makeup is extra boring.
It's not hate. It's using your eyes and evaulating skills.

enigmatic

All I'm going to say is that there are other gurus far more deserving of an opportunity like that. Gurus that actually have talent and creativity.

LMD84

everybody is entitled to their opinion here. and sure - i personally am not a fan of the girls. mainly because i feel like they are more appealing to a younger audience. i think their make up is basic in aplication and some looks are not that inspriing to me. however i am sure teenage girls would love the looks they do, and would easily be able to re-create them. i don't think it's fair to say they are not talented or anything like that. at the end of the day they take time out of their lives to make videos, and loads of people love them. so obviously some people do think they are talented.

and as for saying that their were more deserving guru's or whatever. that is fine. and perhaps those gurus were even asked first and they couldn't or didn't want to do it. we just don't know!

jennyfee

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they do not in fact appeal to me makeup-wise, for the same reasons stated before.
I just think they should not be judged for being given an opportunity... Why would anyone do that?

jess126xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfee
Why all this hate??
Reading the comments i felt jea-lou-sy.... huh huh!!
I think we should give them a break, they were given an incredible chance and they are really grateful for that, i would be mad if they had had an attitude about it, but they do not... which I think is nice...
Anyway... I don't see why they are being criticized here!

not jealousy nor hate .. but if you see their first few videos they seem so different and im saying this cos i have seen every video elle has made and every video blair has made. like i said they have a skill that have given them the best of luck and theres not much people can say about that but have they changed ? yes they have, 100%.

Boasorte

I am most defintly not a fan of theirs but good for them. Sometimes ladies it's not what you know, it's you who know, and they knew the right people. Or well the right people found them who knows.
They're not the only gurus who've done Fashion Week. I'm about 90% sure Michelle Phan did it last year.
We can speculate why are the mediocre "gurus" getting all the attention, and why not the talented ones, but guess what? The actual makeup artists on YT actually HAVE jobs, they HAVE gigs.
I'm not spending my time worrying about what the sisters do, it's not affecting my pockets at all so I don't really care.

I must say that the majority of their audience are pre teens, and that's why they're so popular, kids that age need a "role model"
Look at Miley Cyrus.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

I must say that the majority of their audience are pre teens, and that's why they're so popular, kids that age need a "role model"
Look at Miley Cyrus.

yes this is exactly what i think!
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes this is exactly what i think!
smiles.gif

Hehe exactly, I'm pretty sure most girls my age (20 and even older)aren't looking to them for makeup advice~ please~
It's all pre-teens right there
smiles.gif

Now Petrilude, and Pixiwoo, that's another story~ those are some talented mofos!

Status
Not open for further replies.