Zandra Rhodes MAC Collection

mjalomo

I was browsing to find out more about the new MAC Zandra collection & I stumbled across a news program featuring an interview with the designer. She mentioned she has finished a collection for MAC that is being released in October with "a big show in London" to promote it. The show was "Full Focus" on video.google.com (March 20, 2006). This should mean lots of bright colors!!!! Rejoice!!

ette

Wait is she the next icon? Or is this a mini collection like those Asia exclusives for some pop stars?

Juneplum

ummm
icon_eek.gif
who is that???
icon_eek.gif
she of red hair and way crazy outfit??

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ummm
icon_eek.gif
who is that???
icon_eek.gif
she of red hair and way crazy outfit??

*lol* I was thinking the exact same thing! Though it would be interesting to see what collection they come up with.

PrettyinPink

Wow, she's a funky lady! I'd like to know who she is too. I bet this collection will have really fun, bright colors!

princessOfpOi

Zandra Rhodes is a designer from and fairly big here in England, she's viewed as a bit of an eccentric among conservative types..

She is perpetually pink of hair and lots of fun so this collection should be exciting!

lianna

Ooh that's sounds great. I think she'll be the next Icon then cos most of the time MAC doesn't ask celebrities for input on whole collections unless they're the icon.

caroni99

Maybe it will be like the Isabella Blow lipstick except instead of a lippie alone it will be a collection.

Isabella Blow was a designer right?

martygreene

This may well be like the Isabella Blow, Y and Kei, Luella, Elie Saab, etc. collections. Probably a palette or a couple items, but not a whole collection.

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
This may well be like the Isabella Blow, Y and Kei, Luella, Elie Saab, etc. collections. Probably a palette or a couple items, but not a whole collection.

That's what I was thinking, too. Zandra's been around since the late 60s and has had a hand in some eccentric fashion trends from the 70s onward. Princess Diana wore a few of her gowns during the exploding-bow 80s period.

Check out zandrarhodes.com for more info...IMO she's a natural for MAC!

merleskaya

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene

elie saab had a MAC collection? wow, when was this? where was i? was it a foreign release? that's cool!

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
hmm, she sort of reminds me of patricia field...

I was thinking the same thing - her and Betsy Johnson.