zombie makeup help?

GLAMORandGORE

so there's a couple of events coming up that i will need zombie-esque makeup.

bruises, black eyes, cuts, scars, etc.

does anyone know any groups on lj or myspace that is JUST for gore makeup?
or do you know anywhere i can get tutorials,
really just pictures, anything that I can do, so not the special effects type stuff...

OH!
and if you have any pictures, could you post them?
tyi!

ohhhhhthehorror

I do a lot of SFX makeup for a living and I just want to suggest using Ben Nye and/or Mehron makeup as they have everything you could possibly need to make yoursef look like a zombie. I would suggest getting a bruise wheel and then perhaps a burns/cuts wheel because they pick out 4 colors that you will need to make the most realistic effects. I use them all the time and LOVE them.

caffn8me

......and don't forget to get yourself a hideously unhealthy looking foundation too
smiles.gif
It's a pity Bob Kelly cosmetics went out of business as they did a range of high quality ghoulish foundations such as "Frankenstein Grey"

ohhhhhthehorror

OH!
I forgot to add.
When you go to do the costume, if you don't want to purchase fake dirt (Ben Nye or Mehron sell it) then what I have done in the past is actually bury the clothes (usually some outfit I got at a thrift store) in the ground and then when you pull them out you get the authentice 'just climbed up out of the grave look'. Make sure you only get the outside of the clothes dirty, haha =)

GLAMORandGORE

can you buy either of those in a store, not just online?
&do you have any pictures of the work youve done that isn't too hard to do?

ohhhhhthehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAMORandGORE
can you buy either of those in a store, not just online?
&do you have any pictures of the work youve done that isn't too hard to do?

In the area I currently live in there aren't any store sthat carry either of those brands so I buy them online (if you need to resort to that I can suggest a great site).
When I have lived in other areas I have had great luck finding them in Dance supply stores, Theatrical supply stores and even Party/Costume rental stores.

I'm at work right now and I don't have access to my pictures, but I will def. get some when I get home that are basic 3 or 4 step looks to get you started.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
......and don't forget to get yourself a hideously unhealthy looking foundation too
smiles.gif
It's a pity Bob Kelly cosmetics went out of business as they did a range of high quality ghoulish foundations such as "Frankenstein Grey"

You could always use a mess of the MAC green corrective concealor... makes you nice and ashy and looking like you're about to upchuck.

mrsvandertramp

Rather than make a new post I thought I'd just hijack this,

how would you go about contouring to make you look gaunt, could anyone one perhaps sketch a diagram or something?

TIA

ohhhhhthehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsvandertramp
Rather than make a new post I thought I'd just hijack this,

how would you go about contouring to make you look gaunt, could anyone one perhaps sketch a diagram or something?

TIA

I had to do something similar to this for a musical I worked on last year. I had to make someone up to look like they had advanced AIDS and so I made their face look very gaunt. I got a really great color wheel from Ben Nye to do this. I wish I was near a scanner right now, but I made my sketch from pictures I found online. It's hard to describe with words, but you want to make the face look more angular than normal with certain feautures sunken in. You can do this by creating shadows. For example, you can shadow the sides of the nose to make it appear smaller and more angular. You can also use the shadow trick to make the cheeks appear to be sunken in.

Latest posts