Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

Mabelle

My two go two foundations are MUFE HD in no. 115. Just a little pink. BE in fairly light, a total perrrrfect match.

In the summer, when my slightly pink skin looks more yellow i wear mufe face and body. I have to mix no. 20 and 38. 38 is too light and pink, and 20 is too yellow.

Smashbox HD makes some pretty nice colours for us pale girls too. Nice light texture too!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm currently using NARS Mont Blanc, which is pink toned (cooler), but doesn't run so pink that it makes me look Miss Piggy-ish. In the summer, I go a wee bit darker and yellower, so I'll have to find something else to use then. Unless I'm quite tanned, Mac NC20 shows along my jaw line.

shadowaddict

I'm still playing around with MUFE matte velvet foundation mixing the two lightest colors for a pretyy good match. It's still a bit frustrating as it can be a bit powdery. MUFE HD in lightest shade is a pretty good match but not so sure it is great for oilier skin. Having oily pale skin makes it difficult to find the foundation. I have been curious about NARS sheer matte. I've heard it is buildable and it does come in some very light shades. Any thoughts?

EmilyB

I have found that every cream or liquid foundation is too dark for me except for a goth white one that i put a pale powder over the top of. Clarins has one that isn't too far off and so does Shiseido. Both of those are a yellow tone rather than pink but I have still found the most effective way to be a plain white which matches to my neck and then I conteur with powder and blush. I'm probably going to try this one http://www.thornapple.co.nz/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=987&idcategory=112#details

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks in advance
th_worship.gif
Looking at your skin tone, I'd say NARS foundation in Siberia (neutral undertone) or Gobi (slightly yellow undertone) would be a good match for you. If you can't try them out in advance, I'd say go with Siberia, since it's less likely to clash with your skin's natural tone. They have both matte and "glow" variants on their foundation.

sayah

I may have found something here! It's a Swedish brand, Smashit. They deliver in- and outside of Europe. http://lulillan.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/smashitfoundation3.jpg

I'm trying Milk right now and it might actually fit me! It has a wee bit of yellow in it, which I don't love, but it's one of the lightest foundations I've ever seen.
encore.gif

rockin

I don't use foundation, but I do use powder sometimes. I have a powder compact called 'Sliding Pact_Ex (Snow Moisture Crystal) SPF25 PA++ from a company called Laneige, who I believe are a Korean company. I got their lightest colour, number 1, and it is perfect for me, plus I quite like the smell of it (kind of sweet) and it's in a nifty sliding compact reminiscent of a mobile phone with a mirror on the outside so you don't need to open it to check your makeup. It also comes in a SPF35 version I believe. I don't find it at all drying, in fact I believe it's meant to hold in moisture. The powder is very fine and soft.

They do quite a few products for pale skinned people, especially since the Asians apparently like to lighten their own skin colour, so they probably do a very pale foundation as well. Might be worth looking into.

staceb1990

I haven't been on here in forever! Anyways, I just ordered the new MAC Beauty Balm, so I'll give an update on how light or dark it is once I get it (hopefully tomorrow). I'll be interested in seeing how it'll work since Pro Longwear in NC15, mixed with a bit of SPF moisturizer, has been my go to ever since the longwear came out. During MAC chat they said to use it like a primer, but I'm hoping that it might have enough coverage to wear on its own.

shellygrrl

Staff member
[quote name="Sexy Sadie" url="/forum/thread/62089/porcelain-beauties-rants-and-raves-for-foundations/420#post_2094595"]
Yes, but what if Ilamasqua could come up with a white with a hint of yellow? That would have been paradise for me.

[/quote][quote name="Beauty11111" url="/forum/thread/62089/porcelain-beauties-rants-and-raves-for-foundations/420#post_2096948"]

I agree!

[/quote][quote name="Snarkling" url="/forum/thread/62089/porcelain-beauties-rants-and-raves-for-foundations/420#post_2102861"]

I agree too! I got RF 115 and even though its supposed to be neutral but it looks quite pink on me. Sigh!
[/quote] LF115 is neutral and closer to yellow. :)

Edelmc

My go to foundations are mac face and body (n1 mixed with the White version from the pro store), mac studio sculpt in nw15 and most recently Bobbi brown skin foundation in porcelain. I would love if mac brought out the prolong wear foundation in nw15 as the concealer is fab and I would also love if they brought out the mineralised liquid foundation in lighter shades too

shadowaddict

I wish MAC would come out with the Studio Sculpt in NC5/NW5 or even NC10/NW10. They finally did the powders in NC5 so I'm hoping the foundations will be next.

Oh well for now I'm still mixing potions.

Piarpreet

do u guys know if nc15 is darker than N3 in MAC's fix plus powder foundation?

and how does
MUFE mat velvet #15 to MUFE HD 115??

Simply Elegant

20 is a lot darker than 15 for MUFE mat velvet.

I love NARS powder foundation in siberia. Medium coverage and looks natural.