Bad experience with Cherry Culture

p3nut

this isn't intended on being a review, nessicarily..

I placed an order over a month ago with cherryculture.com. I live in Canada, and haven't been able to find ANY NYX products in my city... so I figured as they were having an sale, I might as well try out some of their products.
first off, they were having a "Spend 50$ or more and recieve free shipping!" sale, and it was only AFTER I checked out my order, it said the sale was only for thos who reside in the U.S. I paid 15.00 for shipping, even though the site's FAQ says it should be around 9 dollars USD. Anyway, I put the order through and waited and waited for it to finish processing. the site says it's supposed to be processed and shipped within the next few days- it took them ten days just to process my order. I finally contacted them asking what the holdup was, and they said they had placed my order that day, but wouldn't explain the holdup. Yesturday it arrived, around 24 days AFTER it had been shipped! it was shipped via airmail, and was SUPPOSED to be here between 4-6 days. I made sure the order was done after the christmas rush... & I still can't understand the holdup at the post, unless they didn't actually ship out when they claimed to have done. The site is also verry annoying- if you spend any more than twenty minutes browsing their site, your cart will empty itself right out!
the postage was marked on the package 4.42 CAD! I understand that I'm paying for the box and 'wax paper' they wrap it with, but I still don't see why the postage was so much. I contacted them about that too, and they wouldn't return my money or give me credit. Also, I looked at both their site AND the NYX site for the swatches of their eyeshadow and lipsticks... I bought around 20 or so eyeshadows, and at least half of the same are VERY similar, which they do not appear on the site. a few of the products, especially the yellows and browns, are almost identical.
I purchased 'nude' lipsticks too, which are an hideous purple-brown color, and look awful on my pale skin. again, NOT what they appear to be on the site.
I'm going to contact them again about putting up more accurate photos... I don't mean to sound bitchy or anything, but I waited so long and put in so much money for my order of cheap makeup... in the end it just was not worth it. I have yet to try the eyeshadow to see how bright and vibrant the colors will be. but as of now, i am very disapointed....
has anyone else ever had a negative experience with cherryculture?? I doub't i'll be purchasing from them any time soon.
ssad.gif

MadchenRogue

Re: Nyx & cherryculture.com

Well, my very first order took them about a good 2 weeks to get here, and the order I made last saturday arrived on Wednesday. As for their site, from my experience it was never (the cart) emptied out, even after I was on it for a good 1 hour or so) before I actually proceeded to finalize the purchases. As for lipsticks, a rule of thumb I have is to buy them in person. I found the colors at the NYX website DO NOT coincide with how the color actually is. In my case I have a good 4 shades of NYX that just light shades , different pinks really. But I understand your frustration. If I were you, and believe me I learned a bit the hard way. Hunt down online for bloggers THAT ACTUALLY POST the colors/swatches of the NYX eyeshadows and other products and you will REALLy get an idea how the color is. But also, hunt down for swatches here too. That way you don't get your hopes to high regarding a specific color. I already was let down with glitter eyeliner Disco ball, its too runny. As for the lipglosses of NYX, avoid them too. I only recommend the NYX sheergloss ( decent quality),HOWEVER--------- I got the luscious color one and that one turned out more of a pink color than the advertised "red".
th_dunno.gif

I did forget to mention, that on my first order they did not include BlackBean eyeshadow stick thingy BECAUSE it was out of stock -- so they did gave me a 10$ gift card and a note of apology. But when I made the second order, I immediately email them this:

Hi
winks.gif
First of all I want to say how grateful I am for your service and prices
winks.gif
I just have one request. On my first order (#****) everything arrived well, except one item was missing due to the fact it was out of stock (it was notated on the invoice ) The item that was missing was NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in the color BLACKBEAN. Because I just made an order, is it possible that the missing item can be included in this new order I just made? You guys did include a little note saying that the item will be mailed, but I am just unsure when will that be. Thanks for your time and professionalism.
winks.gif

Their reply:

We will ship the back order item NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean along with your pending order.

Thank you

---So I do have to given them credit, the black bean Jumbo eyepencil was included in my new order as promised.

gigglegirl

Hmmm NYX has interested me and like the OP do not have NYX avail in my local drugstores. NYXcosmetics.com

OP--did you check out NYX's website? I started checking out, and they had Canada as an option....looks to me like you can order direct from them! Its good to know in future! Thanks for the tips girls about how the colours on the site don't match them in real life!

chocolategoddes

that totally sucks! I've noticed that the swatched they have on the site are probably computer-generated colors... not of the actual product but just n example of the shade. that's never cool. The shadows are nice so hopefully that'll cheer you up!
smiles.gif

wolfsong

You can search for photos/swatches here:

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/p...?c=-1&u=&k=nyx

Sorry to hear this - some brands allow returns for cosmetics so why cant they? A site that shows terrible swatches/photos (i know cameras, lighting, computer screens etc can change this - but it doesnt sound like they can blame it on this), has crap customer service and slow shipping should take some of the responsibility - if not all. Photos should be accurate or state why they aren't (ie 'x is more pink than photo shows') - why would a customer want a product in a completely different shade to that they thought they paid for? Ludicrous! I can see them loosing out on a lot of repeat customers.

Is there any way of making a complaint to the company about the photos?

p3nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Hmmm NYX has interested me and like the OP do not have NYX avail in my local drugstores. NYXcosmetics.com

OP--did you check out NYX's website? I started checking out, and they had Canada as an option....looks to me like you can order direct from them! Its good to know in future! Thanks for the tips girls about how the colours on the site don't match them in real life!

Yep; I ordered from cherryculture because of the 'free shipping' thing they had - on the nyx site the shipping prices to canada are even worse, lol! the prices are also a lot more on the NYX offical site, too...
ssad.gif

breechan

I made a big order to Canada as well, to arrive over the xmas holiday when I was home in Canada. I made the order in November to allow lots of time for the stuff to arrive while I was home. It did arrive shortly after Christmas, around the 28th. HOWEVER, one of the NYX pearl pigments didn't arrive. I put in a complaint, and I got an email the next day saying they would look into it. However, nothing has happened since. NOT IMPRESSED!

It sucks that even if the pigment arrives at my parents place in Canada, I'm way the heck over in Japan. The shipping cost was around 4 dollars Canadian, so it really sucks that they charge so much, but their shipping is cheaper than NYX.
nonono.gif

Why is it that Canadians are always gouged! Well, it's even worse in Japan though. The NYX prices are nearly as expensive as MAC, and the MAC prices are 30% higher than Canada.
thmbdn.gif

msmack

Have you Canadian ladies tried Rexall for NYX? I find it there all the time.

breechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmack
Have you Canadian ladies tried Rexall for NYX? I find it there all the time.

Yes, however it's waaaaaaay cheaper online, even with shipping factored in.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by breechan
Yes, however it's waaaaaaay cheaper online, even with shipping factored in.

Really? Have you guys found out how bad the NYXcosmetics shipping to Canada is? They wanted me to go further on shipping but I'm not ready yet.

i will definitely try a Rexall store near me, I've never stopped in (just Shoppers). I did check out NYXcosmetics.ca which appears to be their Canadian ordering site--shipping to most provinces is 6.99

MadchenRogue

But also do keep in mind that different countries have different procedures when in comes to customs. I am not sure about Canada or how flexible they are. So, do bear in mind this when you do order products from the U.S.A.:holysheep:

p3nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadchenRogue
But also do keep in mind that different countries have different procedures when in comes to customs. I am not sure about Canada or how flexible they are. So, do bear in mind this when you do order products from the U.S.A.:holysheep:

mmm, for canada, i've never had to pay a cent to customs, as long as the package was listed as 'gift' or under 100$ in value.

talste

My very first order with Cherry Culture is annoying me so much thought I would post a rant here.
angry.gif

Ok So I place the order on the 25th April, On the 30th my order is still in a "not finished" status so I email them asking why the delay as the web site states usually a 48 hours turn around time on order processing and all items I ordered were listed as being in stock.

I get this reply "Your order has been completed and shipped via USPS international mail on April 28th. However there are 1 or 2 items in your order that are on back ordered therefore the current status is Not Finished. We will send out the back ordered items as soon as we have them in stock. "

It would be nice if they told me specifically what wasn't in stock as usually I would be happy to substitute items but anyway, My order finally arrives yesterday 13th May. It's well packed and no damage to the box but a NYX eye shadow is all smashed up and loose. I email them to advise of this and suggest a credit be issued to my account for $3.99 (the cost of the item) instead of a refund or a return. Today I got an email back from them requesting photographic evidence of the damaged item ... wtf ?!?

What annoys me is, the shipping delays, lack of communication & the fact that they wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt as I'm a first time customer with no history of requesting refunds/credits etc & my order was $160 in total, If I was trying to rip them off, I would make it worth my while and request more than $3.99. I think they are being a bit tight in requesting the photos ! I've emailed the requested pics but I don’t think I'll be quick to order again from them any time soon.
nonono.gif

Any one else had any problems with them or do you think I'm being unreasonable?

user79

I've never bought there, but they should have contacted you if the items were listed as "in stock" on the website but really weren't in stock. That way you could have changed your order or you could have cancelled the out of stock items.

The photographic evidence seems not entirely unreasonable, however, it would be easy for someone to just buy an eyeshadow, not like it, smash it up and claim it was broken so having a photo of a broken eyeshadow really proves nothing, so what's the point in requesting it?

SkylarV217

That really stinks , Thank you for letting us all know your experience. So we will all have this in the back of our minds b/4 we make an order from them. I'm sorry you had the experience but I'm glad we can all benefit from it =)

Sanayhs

I had a crappy experience the one time I ordered from them, too. It took FOREVER - and when it finally showed up, a bunch of stuff was MIA and there was a note saying some stuff was out of stock, so I had to wait for another package. Blech.

duckduck

$3.99 from a $160 order? Yeah you just refund that. I would refund $3.99 from a $3.99 order if someone e-mailed me to say it was broken. It isn't worth my time or theirs be taking pictures or quibbling over $4.

MACa6325xi

I've ordered from them before and shipping was slow. When I opened my box there were two items missing and the invoice indicated that they were on back order. I took approximately two more weeks for those missing items to be shipped to me. I was pleased with my order, but decided that I would not order from them again unless they offer free shipping and some type of discount.

talste

Thanks for all your replies, Its a shame Cherry culture is so highly recommended as it seems a few of us has had issues with them.

I received an email from them this morning with a link to a "return merchandise form" and a mailing address ?!?!? Then another email not long after with a credit note so all is good now.
smiles.gif

AppleDiva

I am sorry that you had a bad experience @ Cherry Culture. The shipping has been fast for me. I live in the Midwest and the products are coming from California.

Even when items are backordered, I have received within a week.

Not sure where you are living, but your info says that you are out of the US, packages can take forever to get to you. I know when I ship to Canada and I live very close to a border, package has taken a week to arrive.

I have had not any problems to contact customer service, so thanks for enlightening us about that.

Latest posts