Bad experience with Cherry Culture

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
I've ordered from them before and shipping was slow. When I opened my box there were two items missing and the invoice indicated that they were on back order. I took approximately two more weeks for those missing items to be shipped to me. I was pleased with my order, but decided that I would not order from them again unless they offer free shipping and some type of discount.

This happened to me, twice. Two orders in a row i'm never ordering from them again. They should have emailed and not put a note in the box. Also two of they eyeshadows were smashed. Another thing that pissed me off was the $20 international shipping and the $9 postage cost written on the box. so thats $11 they make for their 'efforts in packaging' huh no i waited for ages, they missed items and some were smashed i don't think thats worth the combined extra postage of about $20.

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie
This happened to me, twice. Two orders in a row i'm never ordering from them again.

I feel the same, I ended up giving my $4 credit code to my sister so she can use it on her account. It's a shame cos they do have decent prices.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie
This happened to me, twice. Two orders in a row i'm never ordering from them again. They should have emailed and not put a note in the box. Also two of they eyeshadows were smashed. Another thing that pissed me off was the $20 international shipping and the $9 postage cost written on the box. so thats $11 they make for their 'efforts in packaging' huh no i waited for ages, they missed items and some were smashed i don't think thats worth the combined extra postage of about $20.

Yeah I looked at their site but the $20 flat rate is ridiculous!! Us Europeans always get so ripped off with inflated US postal costs from commercial sites, especially because the actual price is written on the package...

Thanks for letting us know, I was thinking of ordering something there, but I won't now!!!

sofabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I am sorry that you had a bad experience @ Cherry Culture. The shipping has been fast for me. I live in the Midwest and the products are coming from California.

Even when items are backordered, I have received within a week.

Not sure where you are living, but your info says that you are out of the US, packages can take forever to get to you. I know when I ship to Canada and I live very close to a border, package has taken a week to arrive.

I have had not any problems to contact customer service, so thanks for enlightening us about that.

They're from CA? So then what in the world is taking my package so long? I ordered last Thursday... It's been 4 business days since then so I guess it's not that long, but if they are in the same state, shipping should only take a day or 2 at the longest... It says that my order is processing... Does that mean that they haven't shipped it out yet?

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofabean
It says that my order is processing... Does that mean that they haven't shipped it out yet?

Yep, That's exactly what it means. Lightening fast processing times hey,
th_rolleye0014.gif

I copy/pasted this off there website:

Processing Time
Orders are processed Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Orders received between Monday and Friday are usually processed the same day or by the end of next business day. (ha, yeah right) Orders received on Saturday and Sunday are usually processed by Monday or by close of business day Tuesday.

Order Status

"Processing" - Your order has been sent to our warehouse and is being processed.
"Not Finished" - Your order has been partially completed. There are one or two items from your order that are back-ordered. They will be shipped as soon as we have them in stock. No additional shipping charge will be applied to your account.
"Completed" - Your order has been completed and shipped.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofabean
They're from CA? So then what in the world is taking my package so long? I ordered last Thursday... It's been 4 business days since then so I guess it's not that long, but if they are in the same state, shipping should only take a day or 2 at the longest... It says that my order is processing... Does that mean that they haven't shipped it out yet?

Yeah, I placed an order on Sunday. My assumption is that they ship one or two days a week. So if they ship on Friday, I should receive either Monday or Tuesday.

Edit:

My order was shipped Priority on Wednesday and received on Friday. All product was intact and wrapped well.

happy.life

I ordered from their site on Sunday and it finally got 'completed' on Wednesday, I was kind of disappointed T_T. More waiting. I hope none of my eyeshadows I purchased gets cracked -crosses fingers-

mikijaychan11

I'm kinda regretting even ordering from them. I placed my order on monday and until now it's still "queuing". They already charged the items frm my credit card. So whats taking them so long? I know I live in Canada and I know shipping from US isnt that long.
I e-maild them soo lets seee.

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikijaychan11
I'm kinda regretting even ordering from them. I placed my order on monday and until now it's still "queuing". They already charged the items frm my credit card. So whats taking them so long? I know I live in Canada and I know shipping from US isnt that long.

Let us know how you go with your order, I had another eye shadow from my order disintegrate on me when i went to swatch it, anyway here's hoping you don't have the same issues I had with them

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I had a crappy experience the one time I ordered from them, too. It took FOREVER - and when it finally showed up, a bunch of stuff was MIA and there was a note saying some stuff was out of stock, so I had to wait for another package. Blech.

Me too! I don't think I will be purchasing from them again in the future. When I received my 2nd package, the pink and orange NYX jumbo pencils looked used or melted off from the tip and edges. I was not pleased at all.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikijaychan11

Shipping to Canada takes forever.

I do hope that you enjoy your order.

~Zoe~

Re: Nyx & cherryculture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmack
Have you Canadian ladies tried Rexall for NYX? I find it there all the time.

Rexall carries some NYX products but I haven't found any stores in Toronto that carry their full line. I really love the Jumbo Pencils but majority of the in-store colours are the shimmery & pearly ones...the vibrant/matte colours I've had to buy from Cherry Culture like hot pink, orange, yellow, milk, etc.

I haven't had any ordering problems with Cherry Culture but the only thing that annoys me are their horrible 'swatches' on the site. (Cherry Culture & NYX sites don't have accurate swatches). Cherry Culture doesn't even include all product swatches and if you look at some of the other brands it looks like they just copied the same swatch
nonono.gif
thmbdn.gif

xxprettyinblkxx

Ugh, im growing very impatient because I placed my order on Cherry Culture on 09/15, it was processed on 09/19, and then left the Bell, CA USPS location on 09/24...I lived in Northren California, why hasn't my packaged arrived yet?!
angry.gif
...I really hope it didn't get lost in the mail
ssad.gif

Seeking Refuge

I ordered from them last week, and although my products came very fast, I hated all of the items I received (thanks to the shitty color swatches) and because I tested them out first hoping I would change my mind, now I can't return them ... If I ever order from them again it will only ever be NYX powder products.

All the lipsticks and the glosses I ordered all have a plastic-y smell to them and tasted nasty. I've never heard of anyone else complaining about that, so I did not think it would be an issue.
ssad.gif

enjoybeingagirl

I have made two orders of about $45 with Cherry Culture. They both processed and shipped in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing was backordered and nothing was broken. The first order I based off the swatches/descriptions on the site. Out of everything I ordered, I only kept 3 of the ultra pearl manias. Everything else I swapped or used in RAOKs. My second order I spent a good amount of time looking at swatches on Specktra, Youtube, and other makeup sites. I also read the reviews on Makeupalley. I am extremely happy with everything from my second order. I am lucky enough to be close to a boutique that sells NYX but their prices are a lot more expensive than Cherry Culture. One eye shadow is about $6 compared to $2-3 on Cherry Culture. I wish more brick and mortar stores had NYX at decent prices.

JolieFemme

The quick short version. I placed an order with cherry culture and received damaged products. I emailed them many times. They did nothing except ask for pictures and treat me as if I was lying. They finally decided to refund my shipping in the form of a gift card. I placed a second order because I wanted to get rid of the gift card. More damaged goods, including a lip gloss that leaked. It's not a lot of money maybe $11 from both orders but I'm still upset about it. Any ideas of what I can do? Other than emailing them again? I really don't want to call the 1800 number...

blindpassion

Try Save on Foods if you have one in your city
I live in Canada and we have one in the city I live in
They sell NYX.
smiles.gif

Distinque

Well this is my first time ordering from Cherry Culture and I think it's going to be my last. I placed my order on 09/27 and it's now 10/20! I keep checking the status of it on USPS and it's been stuck in California for a week! I swear its going to take a whole month to receive the items. Also, their customer service number sucks. No one answers at all, I had to contact them via email because the tracking no. they gave me was incomplete so I couldn't track my order.

Shadowy Lady

I also ordered from Cherry Culture this year and as I live in Canada, it took ages and by that I mean more than a month for my order to get here. I have ordered from the USA before and it never took this long so I emailed them to ask about it after 3 weeks. What they said was that Canada post probably lost my package and that they didn't want anything to do with it. I was really pissed but the day after I actually got my package. Everything was good except one pearl mania was missing. I wasn't impressed that they were trying to blame Canada Post!!

I have since discovered a Rexall near my house (on Baseline in the College Square for anyone in Ottawa), so I won't be ordering from Cherry Culture anymore. I mean it is cheaper to order online but to me all the hassle is just not worth it :/