General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Elegant- I loved rivoli but I'm not sure I'm that confident enough to wear it except on certain occasions. In my town lip balm is the lip product of choice for most people...or nude lips. What I love about it is the fact that I think it would look good on all skin colors and hair colors!
If you hang out around here long enough you might get hooked on wearing certain lip colors "sheered out". Elegant can explain her patented technique for achieving this in detail, lol, but you might be surprised at what you can feel comfortable wearing as long as you sheer it out.

Camnagem

The consistency of RF is THE best yet - I love it. It seemed as though even the brush gave a smoother application. I think I will live in the color :lol:
Ok ok!!! I'm getting it already!
girlhaha.gif

It's SO pretty on you.

elegant-one

Haha - ok dear, this ^^^ is cute & it cracked me up!

Its such rocket science :)
Either lightly dab you finger onto the lipstick & then pat/push it onto your lips. Or, lightly dab the lipstick onto just your bottom lip & then smoosh your lips together. :)

elegant-one

Elegant- I loved rivoli but I'm not sure I'm that confident enough to wear it except on certain occasions. In my town lip balm is the lip product of choice for most people...or nude lips. What I love about it is the fact that I think it would look good on all skin colors and hair colors!

Well be a trend setter I say :) You look like you could wear any of the lip colors - seriously. Just dab & smoosh - it will work.

I do & in my town - the only MAC they know is a Big Mac :) go for it!

Bonitinha

Well be a trend setter I say :) You look like you could wear any of the lip colors - seriously. Just dab & smoosh - it will work.

I do & in my town - the only MAC they know is a Big Mac :) go for it!
LOL at the Big Mac -- teehee! Kinda sounds like where I live -- I'm the only one out of all of my friends that really is into makeup. I keep buying makeup as birthday gifts for them -- I'm trying to create a few more addicts!!

elegant-one

LOL at the Big Mac -- teehee! Kinda sounds like where I live -- I'm the only one out of all of my friends that really is into makeup. I keep buying makeup as birthday gifts for them -- I'm trying to create a few more addicts!!
Yep, isn't it weird? I don't know ANYONE that loves makeup as much as me - except YOU GUYS :)
girlhaha.gif
Do you find that they actually wear the makeup you give them? Lucky them!

mrslid

Soooo since I have this US connection now and I will be having my Soho lippies sent to me I'm wondering what else I should have sent to me that isn't on Neiman Marcus's site. What are everyones thoughts on Fresque and Rose Bronze JCs. I was also considering the Spices quad. She told me she thought it was being discontinued? I have so many quads though and it doesn't look all that unique but it's so hard to tell without seeing it in person? Oh yeah and still wondering if I should get the US version of In Love since I find my euro one too sparkly and hard?? Why is my list so big ALL the time!

Bonitinha

Soooo since I have this US connection now and I will be having my Soho lippies sent to me I'm wondering what else I should have sent to me that isn't on Neiman Marcus's site. What are everyones thoughts on Fresque and Rose Bronze JCs. I was also considering the Spices quad. She told me she thought it was being discontinued? I have so many quads though and it doesn't look all that unique but it's so hard to tell without seeing it in person? Oh yeah and still wondering if I should get the US version of In Love since I find my euro one too sparkly and hard?? Why is my list so big ALL the time!
My list is always long!! I have heard great things about the US version of In Love. Cafe Makeup has lots of swatches of the JCs -- you should check it out.

elib067

My best friend that just moved to DC was my only makeup-holic friend. I went to visit her recently and she told me that she hadn't bought any makeup in months because she is so busy with work....dumb job haha. It's funny how you can bond so well over makeup.

Mrslid-- I love Rose Bronze JC for more of a neutral cheek. I have so much red in them I tend not to go for the really pinky shades (except for some reason I just can't let go of my NARS orgasm) and I find that rose bronze is a nice neutral color with just a tinge of pink as not to look muddy on really fair skin! And for some reason I feel like a may have heard that too about the spices quad? maybe I'm making it up...

Miss QQ

My makeup habit is considered abnormal to other "normal" beings. Whenever I do anything related to makeup, I feel a bolt of energy instantly. :D

Shypo

I have so much to catch up on - thought I'd pop over to this thread to say hi too - and to say:

Happy Birthday, Elegant!!! Gorgeous as always!!
Meg, SOOOOOOO happy the big baddies are off of your husband's list - I am so thrilled and relieved for you!!!
Nora, congrats on the camping - I'm sure by now you're getting unpacked and settled in - I know how excited you and your family are!!!
Michelle, how are those girls doing?
Eugenia - where art thou? Are you doing ok?
ISa - how are YOU doing? Busy as always?
Ingenue, beautiful eye makeup in that shot with the taupe from Enigma......you're a hottie! ;)
MissQQ, how are things with you?
Birgit, Heidi - is it getting really cold?

I have more posts to catch up on, so if I've missed anyone I apologize
th_kiss.gif

I've missed you ALL!!

mrslid

I am such a GOOD GIRL!! Due to the Spring Collection madness about to ensue I did not order any other JC's, quads or lippies with my Stunt and Stunning order. I did however order my first Chanel nail polish. I got Paradoxyl. Can't wait to try it!! It could be the start of a bad thing though......

Shypo

Mrslid, you sound like me! I've resisted the polishes for a long time - I just don't do my nails anymore....but I had to get the SOHO polishes - they were just too pretty to pass up!! I need another obsession like I need a submarine! But they're sooooo pretty!
pretty.gif

Hope you enjoy your goodies!!!

Bonitinha

I have so much to catch up on - thought I'd pop over to this thread to say hi too - and to say:

Happy Birthday, Elegant!!! Gorgeous as always!!
Meg, SOOOOOOO happy the big baddies are off of your husband's list - I am so thrilled and relieved for you!!!
Nora, congrats on the camping - I'm sure by now you're getting unpacked and settled in - I know how excited you and your family are!!!
Michelle, how are those girls doing?
Eugenia - where art thou? Are you doing ok?
ISa - how are YOU doing? Busy as always?
Ingenue, beautiful eye makeup in that shot with the taupe from Enigma......you're a hottie! ;)
MissQQ, how are things with you?
Birgit, Heidi - is it getting really cold?

I have more posts to catch up on, so if I've missed anyone I apologize
th_kiss.gif

I've missed you ALL!!
Cheryl -- so fun to see you on here again! My girls are great and my oldest is now in middle school -- she wants to start wearing makeup and I want her to stay little! Although when she is older, I know I will indulge her with makeup :) The weather is turning cold here -- I do enjoy it for the first little while, but then I want the sun and warmth (I am still a Florida girl at heart). Hope you and your family are doing well!

Camnagem

I am such a GOOD GIRL!! Due to the Spring Collection madness about to ensue I did not order any other JC's, quads or lippies with my Stunt and Stunning order. I did however order my first Chanel nail polish. I got Paradoxyl. Can't wait to try it!! It could be the start of a bad thing though......
If you like smokey purple greys, you are going to LOVE Paradoxal. It's my current favorite NP color, and honestly...probably my all time favorite.

stv578

Hiii everyone!

We're back from Florida. Spent a wonderful, relaxing week with the hubby and kids, including my little man's birthday last weekend! Now it's back to real life, unpacking some more and work, bleh!

Hope everyone is well, and Cheryl, I was so excited to hear from you!

Oh ladies, I hope you won't be too disappointed to hear that I did not get a single thing while down in the U.S. from Chanel. We just didn't have much time during the trip for shopping, we really focused on the kids. I did get a chance to go to a Coach factory store and get myself a new everyday purse and wallet. And since we flew out of Buffalo this year instead of Toronto, we also got to pick up a few things for the house (hit Target on our way back, what a great store!).

I love hearing about all your Christmas ideas and plans! I am eager to get settled into the house soon so I can get things started for Christmas as well!

Bonitinha

Hiii everyone!

We're back from Florida. Spent a wonderful, relaxing week with the hubby and kids, including my little man's birthday last weekend! Now it's back to real life, unpacking some more and work, bleh!

Hope everyone is well, and Cheryl, I was so excited to hear from you!

Oh ladies, I hope you won't be too disappointed to hear that I did not get a single thing while down in the U.S. from Chanel. We just didn't have much time during the trip for shopping, we really focused on the kids. I did get a chance to go to a Coach factory store and get myself a new everyday purse and wallet. And since we flew out of Buffalo this year instead of Toronto, we also got to pick up a few things for the house (hit Target on our way back, what a great store!).

I love hearing about all your Christmas ideas and plans! I am eager to get settled into the house soon so I can get things started for Christmas as well!
So glad you had fun in Florida! I was raised there and miss the beach so much! What part did you stay at? Enjoy your new coach bag and happy birthday to your little guy!

Miss QQ

^^ Hi! Glad you had a great time at Florida!
I've missed you ALL!!
Hello! Welcome back here!
th_hug.gif
Take your time with the catching up!

I have my usual ups and downs but I'm happy every time I come here and catch up with all the ladies here. :)

stv578

Michelle, we stayed in Clermont (sp?). We drove to Clearwater Beach for a day, and made our way to Tampa in the evening to catch a hockey game. The weather was beautiful for the entire week!

Latest posts