Dior Cosmetics Discussion

vaisforluvrs

I don't think everything is going to be available here (US). I think each country is going to have different things. Like if you go to Dior's website and in the lower right hand corner, change the language from United States (which is funny in and of itself) to something else, you see different results. Some countries don't even have Golden Winter up yet. And yesterday they showed the powders--and now they don't. And I didn't see the blushes listed anywhere.
ssad.gif
Hmm, that is very odd. I don't understand why cosmetic companies sell different products in different countries. It makes things very confusing.

jebogewf

Hmm, that is very odd. I don't understand why cosmetic companies sell different products in different countries. It makes things very confusing.
And aggravating. Especially when you really want something that isn't released here and only is in other countries. Sigh.

Miss QQ

Here is a review of Golden Flower. I have to see it in person to decide. Still not sure if I like this or Golden Snow more. http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.sg/2013/10/dior-5-couleurs-couture-colour.html

purplemaren

It's very annoying :-( Temptalia's color story doesn't have any of the things I want except for the marilyn nail polish. The German site has everything we've seen listed. I can get it if it's avalible in Germany, but at the risk of my very practical German best friend thinking I'm nuts for spending that kind of money. I wish we had a definite answer on what is going to be avalible it what country. I find that dior is one of the hardest brands to get that info on.

Darby

I agree. This is insane. I had no idea it would be so hard to get info or availability on these products. It's disappointing honestly :(

vaisforluvrs

It's very annoying :-( Temptalia's color story doesn't have any of the things I want except for the marilyn nail polish. The German site has everything we've seen listed. I can get it if it's avalible in Germany, but at the risk of my very practical German best friend thinking I'm nuts for spending that kind of money. I wish we had a definite answer on what is going to be avalible it what country. I find that dior is one of the hardest brands to get that info on.
Yeah, I just saw that. WTH? Why does everyone have different information? Musings of a muse has a different press release than Temptalia too.

elkaknits

well I suppose it it doesn't all come out it will be good for my wallet... musings of a muse and temptalia list different colors and both of them are us based. By that I mean temptalia lists royale as one of the options for lipsticks. I am hoping the np is available in royale as well because i am all for matchy match.

I believe chicprofile who lists the whole kit and kaboodle is UK based? at least she talks about stuff being available now at Douglas and Douglas is a UK dept store is it not?

very frustrating indeed

regarding horrifying German friends buy what you can here and have a pick up for Me me me me me me me and you of stuff that can't be gotten here . Did you see the me me me me me bit?

Royale and Minuit sets for me and then all the other lippies except for diva. The minuit set is mine as of this afternoon when I finish watching grand baby. I already own marilyn and diva so am spared. No interest in caviar duo or the white-ish color....

jebogewf

well I suppose it it doesn't all come out it will be good for my wallet... musings of a muse and temptalia list different colors and both of them are us based. By that I mean temptalia lists royale as one of the options for lipsticks. I am hoping the np is available in royale as well because i am all for matchy match.

I believe chicprofile who lists the whole kit and kaboodle is UK based? at least she talks about stuff being available now at Douglas and Douglas is a UK dept store is it not?

very frustrating indeed

regarding horrifying German friends buy what you can here and have a pick up for Me me me me me me me and you of stuff that can't be gotten here . Did you see the me me me me me bit?

Royale and Minuit sets for me and then all the other lippies except for diva. The minuit set is mine as of this afternoon when I finish watching grand baby. I already own marilyn and diva so am spared. No interest in caviar duo or the white-ish color....
Okay--really weird--but Golden Winter was up on Dior.com--kinda. But now it's not. But if go to the 'International Language' Version--which happens to be in English, ironically--it shows everything:

http://www.dior.com/beauty/int/en/makeup/look/golden_winter/lgoldenwinter.html

Like it shows 5 nail polishes, not 4. I know I was going by the Nailderella post that was posted earlier in this thread and I was expecting different polishes and stuff too. I really hate that they do this kinda stuff and give some places some things and other places other things.
angry.gif

vaisforluvrs

Okay--really weird--but Golden Winter was up on Dior.com--kinda. But now it's not. But if go to the 'International Language' Version--which happens to be in English, ironically--it shows everything:

http://www.dior.com/beauty/int/en/makeup/look/golden_winter/lgoldenwinter.html

Like it shows 5 nail polishes, not 4. I know I was going by the Nailderella post that was posted earlier in this thread and I was expecting different polishes and stuff too. I really hate that they do this kinda stuff and give some places some things and other places other things.
angry.gif
Oh goodness. I can't keep up with this! Guess I'll have to be patient for a couple weeks and hope everything that I want is available!

elkaknits

I did my nails today in chanel Rouge Noir so it was flat oxblood-ish to celebrate the cooling temperatures. Plus rumor has it oxblood is still considered fashionable this fall. I want to know when oxblood is not fashionable in a fall but feh. Then I went to pick up my minuit duo from Sephora. The colors are not out since it is not the release date but they had it set aside for me and I was allowed to purchase. I only put the minuit over one nail {which was already Rouge Noir-ed} but off the top of my head I would say Taboo with less of a tendency to look black. I may pull out the taboo and do a side by side later tonight but for now I am getting ready to spend time with kids

the lipstick is much pinker on me than I would have expected. I am thinking minuit is what the model is wearing in promo shots. Initially I thought it was Royale but now I am not so sure. Also considering how pink this is pulling on me I will have to wait for them to show up at my Nordies or Niemans or Saks to test instead of insta-buying all the lippies. I do love this formula fwiw. Also in other non Dior news the Cafe Makeup review of la Diseree is making me rethink buying it. I initially passed because in store lighting it was just another blackened red but woot it is so much more in the comparison swatches. I appreciate bloggers who do comparison swatches side by side on arm like that don't you?

elkaknits

btw I totally love minuit lipstick... it glistens and is incandescent. I buy a lot of pinkish reds in Chanel etc because in the swatches they look as if they have a micro shimmer to them. This one does. It is like a more feminine {pinkish} version of Rocker... only the glitter is micro glitter. But you can definitely see it. I cannot explain it at all. And I have horrid photography skills. You guys just wait until the bloggers get to doing those massive close-ups with light boxes or what not. Just Fab

If you are anything at all like me NW15 Mac Chanel rose beige 30 aka pale with olive toned skin but really a neutral who prefers cool tones {purples, blue pinks/reds} you will be wanting this color.

elegant one mark my words... I know we have similar tastes and coloring... you want this one.

elkaknits

link to blown up picture on perilously pale of minuit:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Diorific-Holiday-True-Colour-Lipsticks6.jpg

elkaknits

the best way I can describe minuit nail polish... so you guys know how Chanel't Taboo is like Chanels Vendetta with shimmer? This is berry with the shimmer... Like Rouge Noir but ... more clearly berry instead of blackened. It is a very deep berry tho. Yes I undid two nails to do side by sides but my camera skills rot.

I hope the bloggers get some in soon and show it off. It really is pretty.

Sylvia60

I've looked at all the autumn collections, swatched them, mulled over them and finally bought the Bonne Etoile palette on the last day of the Sephora 25% discount offer here in Spain.
My budget only allows for one product per season, and this seemed the best of all the autumn offers.
The colours and texture are simply over the top.
On to the holidays!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Indulged in another blush yesterday, Happy Cherry. It's well named, a bright, warm pink that is indeed very happy looking. There are a couple of the neutral pinks I want to go back for, plus Brown Milly, which I almost grabbed yesterday as well. (I showed some uncharacteristic restraint.)

Miss QQ

Some pictures of the holiday collection, of the nail polishes, perfumed powder and a lipstick. http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/10/dior-golden-winter-christmas-2013.html

Caise

I wonder how this highlighter compares to Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel. It doesn't look rose gold to me in this picture.

Latest posts