All Things Sephora

elegant-one

like this one?
lol.gif

YES! That Giraffe OMGosh
th_roll1.gif
lmao.gif
He's been playing in my stash again LOL!!!!

AutumnMoon

A few months ago - I ordered UD's Enigma primer potion but it was on backorder ..and it gave me a specific date it would ship, but when that date came around.. it didn't... no biggie to me - I have tons of primers, so I waited about 5 days before calling them about it.. The girl told me it would ship in a week on a specific date.. so that date rolled around and no shipping notification... so I wait another 5 days and call them about it..  It was limited edition - so I did not want to miss out on it.. so I just told her to cancel it.. What is funny - is that all my samples shipped and I got them within 5 days.   Whoever decided to send the samples separately clearly needs their head examined.  That is such a costly, inefficient, moronic thing to do. Last year - IIRC - we were all still using the code well into the next day.. I  want to say - we used it for a full day after the sale.. but they might have wised up.. Their headquarters is in San Fran, so I would ASSUME they would go by west coast time..  The email warning me that I only had one day left - did not give a specific time that it would end...? @AutumnMoon  and @phoebeloves  were talking about it earlier in the thread..  well, they were talking about a solid balm, so I assume it is the same thing you are talking about..  @sungelly87  said it was online, but then disappeared..  check out post #31304 and on.. That is an even better gift!! Congrats. Right now - it is because things go in and out of stock. I just ordered the "baby" Z-palettes because they came back in stock.. 
About the Sunday Riley cleansing balm: I was in sephora today and they had it in store. It was $50. It's a really nice balm/oil for getting off makeup before the second cleanse step. I bought the ceramic slip cleanser today to try out as well. I think it's the best balm cleaner I've tried (so far)...

DLuxJessica

ugh!! i keep telling myself to stop but then i remember something new i need.

im thinking of picking up another contour.. right now i use NARS contour blush. I am tan and I find most contour kits for darker skinned women are too warm, Looking for something greyer! Any recs? What do you guys use?
Have you tried NARS eye shadow in Blondie? It's a great grey-brown and like to use it for a more dramatic contour (because I'm sorta pale).

MissElle12

Love TF Noir!! I have been rotating between my sample of that and Velvet Orchid over the past few weeks. I really should have picked them up during the sale. If we VIBRs get to use the VIB code this weekend, I think I'm going to grab both.
Psst...I found Velvet Orchid full size at the CCO for $40 not too long ago...

shizzelly

How long would you ladies say your Beauty Blenders last? I've always just used brushes, but after seeing some of you all gush about it on here, I kind of want to dabble in them too. Also, any real difference in the colors?  I can't wait for the 13th so those of us still at VIB level can have a chance at this sale. 
I like the pink sponge the best, it's the smoothest and least porous, holds up the best and gives the best finish. The black is my second favorite but it seems to get rather porous and rough-ish after a few months. The white is my least favorite just because I HATE looking at it when it's dirty and I feel like no matter hard to you try it'll never truly be clean. I always change mine out every six months. They could last much longer than that but for hygiene purposes that's how long I feel comfortable keeping them for!
You are required to have the card or the email with you because it is a top secret code. :lmao: They were telling people at my store on Friday that you needed the email/card or you couldn't get the discount.  There was a group of SA's trying to determine the status of two shoppers and couldn't tell them why they didn't receive anything from Sephora. I wonder if corporate has gotten stricter because of last years holiday shopping fiasco. After my experiences during the last 20% off sale where SA's tore my card before the sale was over (thank you for deciding that I had finished shopping missy!), I walk with both the card and multiple copies of the emails. You would think in this day and age of computer knowledge that all Sephora would have to do is link a 20% code to VIBRouges cards for the duration of the sale but I guess that is asking too much of Sephora.
Some people are selling the VIB sale "code" cards on ebay :shock:
Have you looked at Kevyn Aucoin's Contour Book II ? It has two cream contours, two cream highlighters and four shadows..  My local Sephora told me that next to the Becca highlighting trio - that was their best seller this sale.. I legit already have the sculpting powder (plus 2 backups), and the other three contour/highlighters... so I have convinced myself it is not needed.  But I LOVE the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder.. you can also get it single-sized sculpting powder for $44.. but the kit is a better value at $65..  EDIT: beware of the single sculpting powder.. It is only .11 oz (double the size of a Mac eyeshadow and only a little bit more product than a MUFE artist shadow), but you just use a little bit - it is meant to only contour, not bronze... but I just wanted to forewarn you that it is quite small.
I ordered the second contour book during the sale and it'll be here tomorrow! I could do some swatches when it gets here if you'd like. :angel:

msvluvsmac

Just received my shipping confirmation for my order I made on Friday. It's scheduled for delivery in Thursday. I usually get my orders the next day because I'm only a couple of states away from their distribution center in Maryland. :eek:hboy::fuse: Edit: i just realized Wednesday is a holiday, although they were still slow fulfilling the order.

starletta8

I hope it worked out for you! I follow the directions on the can to the T. I shake it REALLY well, and spray in downward strokes on sections of my hair. Then I let it sit for 30-45 seconds, flip my head over and shake it out. It works wonders! and adds so much time to my morning routine instead of showering, blow drying, and flat ironing my hair each morning.

I'll let you know tomorrow- my hair was actually super clean this morning and I didn't have to do anything to it. I'll be sure to follow the directions 100%

starletta8

What does that even mean----they didn't have the code available???? I'll bet they had a way to override if they were motivated to do it. This smells bad---real bad!!!!!
Corporate was ridiculous- they were insisting that the store could use the online code, whereas it's not the same for SiJCP.

starletta8

Edit: i just realized Wednesday is a holiday, although they were still slow fulfilling the order.

I made the mistake of sending them to the location that I plan to be at this week... I'm going to spending a stupid amount of money for *(&(* UPS to re-route their slow-butt packages next week.

starletta8

Ugh, I still have orders that haven't shipped (3).

#1 from Saturday early AM: L'Occitaine Mini Almond Set, Atelier Cologne Azur Duo.
#2: from Saturday afternoon: 4 sheet masks, including 2 of my HG now out of stock!!!
#3: from Sunday: CL Pluminette, now out of stock.

So stupid.

Medgal07

I just made my last order for the Ardency Inn duo!! I wasn't impressed with Rose Gold before and actually returned it, but the value was too great to pass up lol. The only thing I missed is the jumbo cinema secrets brush cleaner. That stuff is amazing. My foundations brushes aren't brown anymore!! And I don't mind the smell. Now Parian Spirit smells so bad I use it to clean my sink after washing my brushes b/c it cleans makeup stains like nobody's business!!
Supermarkets do it all the time---they keep an extra bonus card and if a patron doesn't have their card that day they scan the extra bonus card so they can get the
product discounts. Absolute NO BRAINER!!!

Glad you were able to get the AID!!!!!