All Things Sephora

Monsy

I don't know if it was too early for me, but I feel like I was suffocated by sales associates. There were so many there for the event. It wasn't just asking if I was alright, about Every 5 minutes I was handed all these things with detailed descriptions. I'm sure they were just trying to be attentive and nice but I was feeling overwhelmed. The same two ladies kept showing us all this stuff event though we kept politely declining and saying we weren't interested.

they probably just had extremely high sales goals

laurennnxox

Lauren,

which UD Vice lipstick did you get? I was able to get Safe Word online. Is Wildfire very metallic? It caught my eye but I'm not sure if it would be too intense to wear during the day.

My UD order arrives tomorrow - so excited to try the lipsticks I ordered.

I ordered Peyote online (comes on Tues), and picked up Wrath in store today. Wildfire is pretty metallic, yes. But I love it! I'll get it eventually. I see its up today for VIBRs online. You might be able to sheer it out, or wear it over a softer liner to make it more day-time appropriate. I wouldn't wear it to my work, but I would wear it during the day on the weekend. It's nice and bright but wonderful for summer! It looked a little different on all the SAs there, who were totally in love with the shade lol.

I swatched Safe Word in person and was a little disappointed. Pulled a little too brown for the type of nude I was hoping it would be. It kind of reminded me of Bite's Honeycomb (I think it's called) from the new range. So, I didn't get it.

I unfortunately didn't like any of the other "Sephora Exclusive" shades and that's all they had there. So it was a big pass for me until they get all the shades. They said it would be in stores like the 15th or 16th (i forgot) and it would be like a huge end-cap display in color families. Sounds neat!

laurennnxox

they probably just had extremely high sales goals

oh, I bet! but it was soooo annoying. At what point do you realize you're making customers uncomfortable and driving them to walk away from you or skirt other SAs around the store? I told one, "oh, I'm just here to look at the new stuff for rouges today." and she goes on a long rant about things that came out months ago. I wanted to be like "i know about all of those... I'm rouge for a reason." :rolleyes: hehe.

GreenEyedAllie

I ordered Peyote online (comes on Tues), and picked up Wrath in store today. Wildfire is pretty metallic, yes. But I love it! I'll get it eventually. I see its up today for VIBRs online. You might be able to sheer it out, or wear it over a softer liner to make it more day-time appropriate. I wouldn't wear it to my work, but I would wear it during the day on the weekend. It's nice and bright but wonderful for summer! It looked a little different on all the SAs there, who were totally in love with the shade lol.

I swatched Safe Word in person and was a little disappointed. Pulled a little too brown for the type of nude I was hoping it would be. It kind of reminded me of Bite's Honeycomb (I think it's called) from the new range. So, I didn't get it.

I unfortunately didn't like any of the other "Sephora Exclusive" shades and that's all they had there. So it was a big pass for me until they get all the shades. They said it would be in stores like the 15th or 16th (i forgot) and it would be like a huge end-cap display in color families. Sounds neat!

What did you think of oblivion?

Haven

I did get an email and honestly didn't look like something worth going.

I ended up getting an email and text w/link to shop the products. I agree not to exciting. The UD lipstick colors that I want to try aren't even available yet.

Haven

I'm at the event and sooo disappointed. They have 20 of the new UD lipsticks, a Nars Hot Sand set, Smashbox palette, 2 Sephora favorites kits (summer and hair), the new Benefit brow gel cream, MUFE mascara, and a Clinique moisturizer. The store wasn't restocked prior so the shelves are still bare after Saturday. No new ABH, no new Cover FX. At least there's coffee. If this was for "normal" Sephora shoppers they might be excited, but Rouge members obviously spend enough time/money in Sephora to expect more. I'm trying to be positive and find something to buy. This is my last event for sure!
All of these products are also available to order online for vibr, so I skipped the event.

shontay07108

I decided to hold off on the Cover FX drops until I can see them in person. I ordered UD's Wildfire lipstick and another Anastasia brow definer since I suddenly ran out the other day. Another UD lipstick I really want is Wired b/c it's coral, but it's not in stock yet. Unfortunately, none of the mega matte shades are jumping out at me and that's the formula I was most interested in.

Monsy

oh, I bet! but it was soooo annoying. At what point do you realize you're making customers uncomfortable and driving them to walk away from you or skirt other SAs around the store? I told one, "oh, I'm just here to look at the new stuff for rouges today." and she goes on a long rant about things that came out months ago. I wanted to be like "i know about all of those... I'm rouge for a reason." :rolleyes: hehe.

oh god so annoying

GreenEyedAllie

Passed on early access stuff but bought Bite Rouge Berry. It's Bite and a berry. I simply cannot resist. I have most of their berry collection. I will post comparisons once it arrives. :)

laurennnxox

I caved and ordered the FX Drops in Celestial. I swatched the stick highlight version of Celestial in store-- and if the drops are anything like that shade, I'll be in love.

Ended up waiting on Wildfire. I want to see how Wrath performs and also Peyote, both are the same formula. :)
I need to slow myself down, they're perm anyway. ...Well, that's why I try to tell myself but I keep browsing sephora!

MaryJane

My UD Vice Peyote came today and I did a quick application of it. It's a unique color for sure but I'm not used to something so metallic on my lips. wildfire should be here tomorrow. Thankfully, Sephora has a great return policy if I don't like it.

DILLIGAF

My UD Vice Peyote came today and I did a quick application of it. It's a unique color for sure but I'm not used to something so metallic on my lips. wildfire should be here tomorrow. Thankfully, Sephora has a great return policy if I don't like it.

I'm with you. I love the concept of metallic lips but I don't think I can pull them off.

MaryJane

I'm with you. I love the concept of metallic lips but I don't think I can pull them off.

I'm wearing Peyote today and love it! It's a rose-mauve and very wearable. Not as in your face metallic as I thought it would be. I think Wildfire might be a little harder to pull off but I plan on trying it on top of the nude lipliner to tone it down if needed. I hope it works as I think it will be a great color for summer.

I also tried on one of the Comfort Matte lippies - the texture is fantastic. It feels so good on the lips. I'm looking forward to trying more once they're available at Sephora.

DILLIGAF

I'm wearing Peyote today and love it! It's a rose-mauve and very wearable. Not as in your face metallic as I thought it would be. I think Wildfire might be a little harder to pull off but I plan on trying it on top of the nude lipliner to tone it down if needed. I hope it works as I think it will be a great color for summer.

I also tried on one of the Comfort Matte lippies - the texture is fantastic. It feels so good on the lips. I'm looking forward to trying more once they're available at Sephora.

Everytime I want to try metallic lips I have a flashback of me wearing MAC O lipstick in the 90s. No Bueno. Maybe I should try one of the metallics anyway and stop equating metallic with frosty.
You are absolutely correct about the comfort mattes. They are lovely I have Tampered and Notorious. Got them at the event.

shontay07108

Because I am really excited about getting Wildfire today, the UPS man is taking his sweet time. Lately he gets here by 3pm, but not today. I love metallic lips, but they can go wrong kinda easily. It's nice to break up my matte obsession sometimes, though and a metallic finish, I find, keeps orange colors from turning clownish on me.

hitchcockblonde

Jaclyn Hill just posted on snapchat that the eyeshadow palette from her collection will not be available for purchase with everything else on 6/16. Apparently they heard all the negative reviews on the quality of the palette and Becca and Jaclyn decided to pull it.