anaaliyahfan03's MAC hiring story

anaaliyahfan03

ok i just got a call and my demo is tomorrow 9-18 at 3:30 pm....i am so so so so nervous to infinity..any final tips would be greatly appriciated (if ya wanna)..i will give a description when i come home tomorrow

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*Wow!!! That's great!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!
winks.gif
*~*

lipshock

^^^^

Don't be nervous. Those nerves will kill you, girly. Just relax and be calm. Easier said than done but seriously, don't overthink it. You'll do fine!

hotpink1326

OMG!! I just read this whole thread! I am so happy for you & wish you all the luck in the world with getting this job!!! Dont be nervous, you do amazing work & i'm sure they'll see that tomorrow
smiles.gif
Be sure to let us know how you make out ASAP!!!!!

anaaliyahfan03

ok i had my demo at 4pm today...it was set for 3:30 but changed to 4pm..so here we go

my model was my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend (a mouthful)..i had never did her makeup before cause i just met her last month, but she wonderful cheeks bones and she was my color so i didn't really have to match foundation..hehe..

i was the only one with my model there and the asst manager didn't watch me so i just did my thing...30 minutes on a business look and 10 minutes on a night look

for the business look i started with strobe cream to give some glow, then i added nc50 foundation with nc45 loose powder..then i filled in the brows with cordoroy...i used the prep for base..the eyeshadows i used were sable on the lid, cordoroy in the crease, and nylon as the highlight..lined the eyes with ebony eye pencil..the light green tendertones balm, cork lip liner and spirited lipglass and i sooo forgot the blush, but it was pretty..lol...the asst manager and freelance coordinator came in and said they liked the look and it would be a business look but only if i didnt use so many shimmer colors..i should have used more matte colors (oopsy)

night look...she said i had to use 2 mandatory things for this look..liquid liner and ruby woo lipstick (very red)..ooooh boy!

i started by removing the lip stuff and using more tendertones..i filled in the lid with carbon and crease with embark...for the blush i darkened the cheeks with loverush blush (soo pretty)...i lined the lips with velveeta (something like that..its purply lookin) lipliner and then the ruby woo lipstick with clear gloss...the asst manager came in and asked what i did with the liquid liner..and i was like uh-oh i forgot the liner (oopsy again) so i filled in with a cat eye..she thought one looked wrong so she came and did it for me on one eye..she also said i should try to keep my station as clean as i can..i cleaned after the first look, but i guess she didn't see it..lol...the 10 minutes was pressure...the freelance coordinator had nothing bad to say about my 2nd look...all the makeup artists there liked what i did..the asst manager said she would get back to me at the end of the week...im so so so so so scared! i hope i get it

NaturalSister19

It sounds like you did fine.
thmbup.gif

I'm praying for you, girl. I think that getting this job will set you on fire - no stopping you after that! What a confidence booster!

wavey.gif

ductapemyheartt

gongratulations! it sounds like you did a good job....i really hope you get it!

[i have been reading this thread for while, but never posted...lol]

let us know!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaaliyahfan03
ok i had my demo at 4pm today...it was set for 3:30 but changed to 4pm..so here we go

my model was my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend (a mouthful)..i had never did her makeup before cause i just met her last month, but she wonderful cheeks bones and she was my color so i didn't really have to match foundation..hehe..

i was the only one with my model there and the asst manager didn't watch me so i just did my thing...30 minutes on a business look and 10 minutes on a night look

for the business look i started with strobe cream to give some glow, then i added nc50 foundation with nc45 loose powder..then i filled in the brows with cordoroy...i used the prep for base..the eyeshadows i used were sable on the lid, cordoroy in the crease, and nylon as the highlight..lined the eyes with ebony eye pencil..the light green tendertones balm, cork lip liner and spirited lipglass and i sooo forgot the blush, but it was pretty..lol...the asst manager and freelance coordinator came in and said they liked the look and it would be a business look but only if i didnt use so many shimmer colors..i should have used more matte colors (oopsy)

night look...she said i had to use 2 mandatory things for this look..liquid liner and ruby woo lipstick (very red)..ooooh boy!

i started by removing the lip stuff and using more tendertones..i filled in the lid with carbon and crease with embark...for the blush i darkened the cheeks with loverush blush (soo pretty)...i lined the lips with velveeta (something like that..its purply lookin) lipliner and then the ruby woo lipstick with clear gloss...the asst manager came in and asked what i did with the liquid liner..and i was like uh-oh i forgot the liner (oopsy again) so i filled in with a cat eye..she thought one looked wrong so she came and did it for me on one eye..she also said i should try to keep my station as clean as i can..i cleaned after the first look, but i guess she didn't see it..lol...the 10 minutes was pressure...the freelance coordinator had nothing bad to say about my 2nd look...all the makeup artists there liked what i did..the asst manager said she would get back to me at the end of the week...im so so so so so scared! i hope i get it

cheerleader.gif

I'm glad you did well. I know you got the job.
greengrin.gif

anaaliyahfan03

i dont know..i made a few mistakes, and i hope she thinks i can handle being a freelance for mac..its nerve wrecking waiting on this call...i beat myself up cause i forgot the liquid liner..ugh!..im tryin to stay positive..its hard, but thank u

lilchocolatema

Hey girl,

The main thing is that you learned from your mistakes. Whether you do or do not get the job, the next interview can only get better!

I had 4 interviews, 3 of which I did not get the job, but by the last go round, I was such a better artist!!! I still freelance for MAC, (it's been almost a year and a half) about 25-30 hours a week, and it's my only job. I look back, and had I got the job my first time or two, I wouldn't have been ready! MAC is an ongoing learning process, so anytime you can go in or steal a trick or two, Do it!!!

So, let time take it's course and if you don't succeed, TRY TRY AGAIN!!!

Good luck and if you ever need any advice, PM me!!!