Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

laurennnxox

My Moonchild Glow Kit came in the mail yesterday, and I was sooo excited! I opened it up and 4/6 pans were completely shattered... :'( I contacted customer service and sent photos. Hopefully they're speedy on fixing it. There was powder everywhere. I was shocked honestly, because it was packed really secure with lots of bubblewrap in the box.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I so hope that the Moonchild kit will eventually be made available at Sephora. I don't like having to order from the US to Canada if I can avoid it, especially with things that can be easily shattered. I've had a few horror stories.

boschicka

My Moonchild Glow Kit came in the mail yesterday, and I was sooo excited! I opened it up and 4/6 pans were completely shattered... :'( I contacted customer service and sent photos. Hopefully they're speedy on fixing it. There was powder everywhere. I was shocked honestly, because it was packed really secure with lots of bubblewrap in the box.

That's so disappointing. Thankfully I've heard they have been good about replacing them. Hopefully that's the case for you too!

laurennnxox

That's so disappointing. Thankfully I've heard they have been good about replacing them. Hopefully that's the case for you too!

That's good to hear! I kind of hope they just mail me a new one. I've been slammed at work and there's not really a close by Fedex (I think that's what they used?) to drop off the box. Unfortunately I won't know until Monday. Seems CS doesn't reply to emails on the weekend according to the hours on the site.

filio

That's good to hear! I kind of hope they just mail me a new one. I've been slammed at work and there's not really a close by Fedex (I think that's what they used?) to drop off the box. Unfortunately I won't know until Monday. Seems CS doesn't reply to emails on the weekend according to the hours on the site.

My sweets kit came broken and I emailed them with pics and orderstatement and got a replay back saying I didnt need to send it back and they would be sending out a new one.

laurennnxox

My sweets kit came broken and I emailed them with pics and order statement and got a replay back saying I didnt need to send it back and they would be sending out a new one.

Awesome! Those were the pictures I sent, too.

I was super impressed with their shipping. I ordered tuesday and it was delivered thursday afternoon. And it was nice to not pay shipping or tax. I might order from them more often!

BrittLuvsMakeup

I finally caved and purchased the Sweets and Moonchild Glow Kits. I haven't purchased much makeup recently (at least, not as much as I normally do, lol) so I thought this would be a good time to get them, especially since the That Glow Glow Kit has been my go-to lately (I strangely haven't touched my Gleam and Sun Dipped Glow Kits yet). As Lauren said, it felt nice not to have to pay shipping or tax although I would have loved to have gotten points and cash back at either Sephora or Ulta. So now, I just need to get the Summer Gloss set. BTW, will any of you be trying the new foundation sticks that will be debuting on their website on Thursday? They will be released in stores at Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, and Dillards towards the end of the month. They will cost $25 and are advertised as being ideal for combination and oily skin types.

Fair Category (additional shades in Alabaster and Warm Alabaster coming soon):

13687406_1816131595285622_230795466_n.jpg

Light Category:

13687240_977665372360017_2107569616_n.jpg

Medium Category:

14027150_164709973954742_906595905_n.jpg

Medium Tan Category:

14031650_1050556291718640_1091396889_n.jpg

Dark Category:

13658391_295270704165321_2000762654_n.jpg

Deep Category:

14026726_317054231962129_1667586936_n.jpg

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

I'm digging the range of colors available. I still wonder if anyone here looking at these swatches feel excluded? What do you think is missing?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I may have to wait for Alabaster and Warm Alabaster to come out (I've read they'll be out in September). I'm not sure any of the existing fair shades would match me. (Maybe some actual foundation swatches on skin would help?)

I'm happy to see a light shade with an olive undertone, since fair- and light-skinned people with olive undertones don't get a lot of choice in foundations.

NaomiH

I finally caved and purchased the Sweets and Moonchild Glow Kits. I haven't purchased much makeup recently (at least, not as much as I normally do, lol) so I thought this would be a good time to get them, especially since the That Glow Glow Kit has been my go-to lately (I strangely haven't touched my Gleam and Sun Dipped Glow Kits yet). As Lauren said, it felt nice not to have to pay shipping or tax although I would have loved to have gotten points and cash back at either Sephora or Ulta. So now, I just need to get the Summer Gloss set. BTW, will any of you be trying the new foundation sticks that will be debuting on their website on Thursday? They will be released in stores at Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, and Dillards towards the end of the month. They will cost $25 and are advertised as being ideal for combination and oily skin types.

Fair Category (additional shades in Alabaster and Warm Alabaster coming soon):

13687406_1816131595285622_230795466_n.jpg

Light Category:

13687240_977665372360017_2107569616_n.jpg

Medium Category:

14027150_164709973954742_906595905_n.jpg

Medium Tan Category:

14031650_1050556291718640_1091396889_n.jpg

Dark Category:

13658391_295270704165321_2000762654_n.jpg

Deep Category:

14026726_317054231962129_1667586936_n.jpg

I want to try these foundations. I think I'll need Amber or Cool Golden and I'm kind of sad they did CG will be online only. I guess I'll have to go swatch Amber and if it's too light order CG online unseen. I hate guessing foundation shades.

Jayjayy

I just ordered in Espresso. Hopefully it's a good match...I was torn between that and Cocoa. The shade range goes so deep that I just had to support this launch. Kudos to Norvina! I f-ing love ABH so I have my fingers crossed!

BrittLuvsMakeup

I want to try these foundations. I think I'll need Amber or Cool Golden and I'm kind of sad they did CG will be online only. I guess I'll have to go swatch Amber and if it's too light order CG online unseen. I hate guessing foundation shades.
[MENTION=10161]sty[/MENTION]lebybare made a guide to help people determine their shade in the foundation stick by comparing them to MAC's foundation shades:

13652213_533419836852699_1943401162_n.jpg

13636132_150823038690051_2026079947_n.jpg

13642929_338929033162048_499746546_n.jpg

shellygrrl

Staff member
Based on those swatches, I may be able to wear Porcelain, but I'll likely wait for Alabaster and Warm Alabaster.

NaomiH

[MENTION=10161]sty[/MENTION]lebybare made a guide to help people determine their shade in the foundation stick by comparing them to MAC's foundation shades:

13652213_533419836852699_1943401162_n.jpg

13636132_150823038690051_2026079947_n.jpg

13642929_338929033162048_499746546_n.jpg

Thank you so much! Looks like I'll need Caramel instead of Amber since I'm an NC44 in Studio Fix.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I received my Moonchild and Sweets Glow Kits in the mail today! They arrived super fast, I just ordered them two days ago. I can't wait to try them! Moonchild is a little intimidating to me but I've never been one to shy away from unique highlighter colors so this is no exception.

Thank you so much! Looks like I'll need Caramel instead of Amber since I'm an NC44 in Studio Fix.

You're welcome! Are you going to order online or get it when it's available in store? I've heard some Ulta's already have the display up for the foundation and contour sticks but dates haven't been announced for in store releases.

NaomiH

I received my Moonchild and Sweets Glow Kits in the mail today! They arrived super fast, I just ordered them two days ago. I can't wait to try them! Moonchild is a little intimidating to me but I've never been one to shy away from unique highlighter colors so this is no exception.

You're welcome! Are you going to order online or get it when it's available in store? I've heard some Ulta's already have the display up for the foundation and contour sticks but dates haven't been announced for in store releases.

I hope you love those kits as much as I do! I was a little wary of Moon Child at first,but it's actually super wearable and has become one of my go to highlighter palettes. As far as the foundation, I'm not sure. I might wait for in store so I can swatch it myself,but I am super curious about them so I might just order Caramel online and hope it's really a match.

Prettypackages

x's 2 I am very curious and would love feedback from the ladies who have purchased them...maybe even swatch them all for comparison...pretty please?!
View attachment 55717
they are going to make me buy them all! LOL

I'm digging the range of colors available. I still wonder if anyone here looking at these swatches feel excluded? What do you think is missing?
None of these heffa's look like me. (I'm totally being funny using that term) Although, I don't really know what I look like anymore. I am medium tan to dark and I have a neutral cool with brown undertone. I have no idea what color that is in foundations, but I finally understand why I'm so hard to match. With a lot of companies, the deeper you go, the more golden it is. *sigh* I'm not orange, and my skin tone hates yellow. I need a basic neutral brown. LOL I'm looking at Tan, Cool Golden, Amber, caramel, and Almond right now. Hopefully Sephora will get them so I can swatch and get samples.
But this range is super impressive. I hope it's a great formula, b/c I will be buying. I'm so impressed. You don't ever see colors that deep, in the deep category. I think Lancome is one of the few companies that does. And I think that's due to them signing Lupita. If this formula is great, I will need it in an HD liquid and a waterproof formula. Oh and powders to match.

DIdn't they release some concealers? I'm starting to hate my Sephora they are slow ass hell to put things on the shelf.

Last edited:

katred

Specktra Bestie
they are going to make me buy them all! LOL

None of these heffa's look like me. (I'm totally being funny using that term) Although, I don't really know what I look like anymore. I am medium tan to dark and I have a neutral cool with brown undertone. I have no idea what color that is in foundations, but I finally understand why I'm so hard to match. With a lot of companies, the deeper you go, the more golden it is. *sigh* I'm not orange, and my skin tone hates yellow. I need a basic neutral brown. LOL I'm looking at Tan, Cool Golden, Amber, caramel, and Almond right now. Hopefully Sephora will get them so I can swatch and get samples.
But this range is super impressive. I hope it's a great formula, b/c I will be buying. I'm so impressed. You don't ever see colors that deep, in the deep category. I think Lancome is one of the few companies that does. And I think that's due to them signing Lupita. If this formula is great, I will need it in an HD liquid and a waterproof formula. Oh and powders to match.

DIdn't they release some concealers? I'm starting to hate my Sephora they are slow ass hell to put things on the shelf.

Neutral-cool foundations are as rare as hen's teeth. It sounds like you need a bit of a grey undertone to match your skin (which a lot of cooler-toned people do). Those are wicked hard to find, because foundation seems to work on the assumption that all skin tones have undertones that are either pink or yellow. I'm cooler-toned, but I often wear slightly yellow-toned foundation, because pink shades look orange on me.

As far as the Hourglass colours go, even the fairest one looks like it's probably too dark for me (although it might be ok now that I have a wee bit of colour in my face). Hourglass Porcelain in their other formula has always been a bit too dark.

Anyone ne planning on picking up the holiday palette? Im pretty sure I'm going to need it...

Also, have there been any rumors ofnew lipsticks? The ones they have now (regular bullet ones) are definitely disappearing from Sephora, and I can't see them just giving up that market.

Latest posts