Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

shellygrrl

Staff member
Neutral-cool foundations are as rare as hen's teeth. It sounds like you need a bit of a grey undertone to match your skin (which a lot of cooler-toned people do). Those are wicked hard to find, because foundation seems to work on the assumption that all skin tones have undertones that are either pink or yellow. I'm cooler-toned, but I often wear slightly yellow-toned foundation, because pink shades look orange on me.

Or brands assume that neutral undertones = peach (the bane of my existence). And they don't understand that fair and light olive skintones exist. Or that some of us need straight up beige or brown. :banghead:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Alabaster and Warm Alabaster are now up on ABH's site. Every other shade except those two are now listed as Coming Soon on Sephora's site.

Prettypackages

Neutral-cool foundations are as rare as hen's teeth. It sounds like you need a bit of a grey undertone to match your skin (which a lot of cooler-toned people do). Those are wicked hard to find, because foundation seems to work on the assumption that all skin tones have undertones that are either pink or yellow. I'm cooler-toned, but I often wear slightly yellow-toned foundation, because pink shades look orange on me.

As far as the Hourglass colours go, even the fairest one looks like it's probably too dark for me (although it might be ok now that I have a wee bit of colour in my face). Hourglass Porcelain in their other formula has always been a bit too dark.

Anyone ne planning on picking up the holiday palette? Im pretty sure I'm going to need it...

Also, have there been any rumors ofnew lipsticks? The ones they have now (regular bullet ones) are definitely disappearing from Sephora, and I can't see them just giving up that market.

I've never heard of trying grey. Sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

Prettypackages

Or brands assume that neutral undertones = peach (the bane of my existence). And they don't understand that fair and light olive skintones exist. Or that some of us need straight up beige or brown. :banghead:

So true! I'm just noticing the Peach issue as well. Nars' new conce alert colors seemed impressive but the one I want has the perfect amount of brown but it's way to peach.

shontay07108

I'm really disappointed in the Anastasia stick foundation. First, it came to me broken in tube and messy as hell. Second, the color is awful. Like, it's definitely the best match, but blended it it has an ashy look to it. There's no way I can wear it. I should've known, but I would've been forever curious otherwise.

DILLIGAF

I'm really disappointed in the Anastasia stick foundation. First, it came to me broken in tube and messy as hell. Second, the color is awful. Like, it's definitely the best match, but blended it it has an ashy look to it. There's no way I can wear it. I should've known, but I would've been forever curious otherwise.
I know this is the wrong thread but have you tried the Hourglass ones?

rinacee

I love ABH shadows, but I have so many similar colors! I'm torn. If I have extra cash (LOL) laying around in October, I may go for it. I mean, there is a shadow called Marina! My name! But I probably have dupes for 80% of the palette. So torn!

LV2EVOLVE

I'm still wondering why he couldn't stick a purple in there for Violeta. Come on my Albanian friend, why is Violeta brown? LOL : ) I'll still get the palette if I have extra funds, but first I need the Moonchild palette.