Any other WOC who like the goth aesthetic?

blazeno.8

I was just wondering how many of us are there who like the goth aesthetic. After reading the Style Black thread, I'm surprised that there aren't more people who are interested in the lipsticks and glosses.
I've noticed that there's a huge deficiency online for places of goths of color to talk about what they like or who they like, or just about the visual aspect of enjoying strong dark colors. I know there are many different kinds of goths (I personally enjoy the ball jointed doll look) but who else out there is a fan?

I have a tut http://www.specktra.net/forum/f191/w...-round-112624/, but I just really enjoy the emphasis that this look has on a sleek outline.

Arisone

The only thing I can say is yes! Also, I love seeing black women rocking the punk look. I love strong dark colors but usually wear dark vampy reds.
Initially, I wasn't too excited about this collection. However, the preview pics have completely changed my mind.

spectrolite

^^Count me in >_< I have always loved the drama of well done "gothic" or vampy makeup and try to incorporate some of those elements into many of my looks. I would not call myself a goth but I do love the strange and the macabre and dressing the part..from time to time. Like today I went for gothic-Lolita gypsy!

I am counting the days until Style Black is released. And I cannot wait to see the looks that you come up with Blazeno! Your FOTD's are some of my favorites on Specktra.
yes.gif

chocolategoddes

I'm not that into the whole goth/punk scene, but I do like vampy makeup, especially when it's sleek and fashion-forward.
I'm definitely looking forward to the Style Black collection. I don't see myself wearing black lipstick because I'd look ridiculous, but it's kind of fun playing around with a darker, gothic look!
Yay!

lafemmenoir

I was perusing a goth glossy in the bookstore the other day and there was only one black woman modelling in all the adverts. There must be a stronger market; however, I can't seem to find it all
ssad.gif

lilMAClady

I love dark bold colors. I'm not into goth but I will be wearing black lipstick. I love it when its (as mentioned earlier) sleek and fashion forward!

vuittongirl

im not really "goth" but i do like the darker side of life
smiles.gif
black also happens to be a favorite color, so im eating up this style black collection. i plan on getting everything! and yes i will be rocking the black lippies.

blazeno.8

^^^ I think Chanel Iman is the only black high fashion model who I've seen rocking the "fashionista" goth style. It might be Chanel...

Nepenthe

I love the aesthetic, I think that when it's done right it's very sleek and classy in an unorthodox manner. It is a shame though, to see the lack of representation for WoC.

Great topic!
greengrin.gif

makeba

i love the goth style
because of the dark colors. i cant wait to the style black collection arrives. i cant do the black lipstick but i am certaintly gonna give the lipgloss and eyeshadows a try. a look that i am gonna try to come up with is the Goth/Pinup girl look. i just purchased Ruby Woo and its soo pretty!!

blazeno.8

I'd show a tutorial for how to do goth pinup lips but it's not the prettiest thing until it's actually complete. The intermediate steps ain't that great. :/

PS. The original link has been fixed.

blazeno.8

Oh man, I just found a lip combo that's really hot. If you don't have access to a black lipstick already then you'll just have to wait until style black comes out. Try this: black lipstick + Funtabulous dazzleglass in the center of your lip.
winks.gif

Ok so here's a swatch:
IMGP5082.jpg

It's actually a way to get a strong blue-violet color on your lip.

blazeno.8

^Yeah. I wonder how it got to be associated with something not chic to begin with (maybe with the fact it started as a youth movement or counter culture?). It's sad that high fashion had to jump in to get the visual aspect considered chic again!

funkychik02

blazeno.8, it's funny, because alot of high fashion designers get inspired by goth! some of the goth girls I've met look so beautiful and classy! I love the look.

blazeno.8

Did anyone just check out Kim K's blog? She has a Twilight inspired goth look (uh what?) and it's a really interesting look. I never realized how much she looked like Cher without her eyebrows. I personally think she should have kept her brows dark for the look so that her face would be framed but hey, that's just me.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I love it. It brings back memories of high school when I wore black lipstick and winged liner and scared away all the old, Indian ladies. XD

It's kind of weird that it's the mainstream trend right now, but I like the look so no complaints.

Nox

Yes, I am occasionally into the aesthetic. Though, I tend to be more Goth-lite.

Nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
Did anyone just check out Kim K's blog? She has a Twilight inspired goth look (uh what?) and it's a really interesting look. I never realized how much she looked like Cher without her eyebrows. I personally think she should have kept her brows dark for the look so that her face would be framed but hey, that's just me.

I saw the photo earlier tonight and I think it looks good. Definitely would have liked to see some brows though, it's quite unusual to see her well sculpted brows gone.

Latest posts