Any other WOC who like the goth aesthetic?

gitts

Girl, that is so hot. You are giving me loads of ideas. I too am looking forward to this collection but was not sure how I was going to work it now I have a few look to try. Thanks!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
Oh man, I just found a lip combo that's really hot. If you don't have access to a black lipstick already then you'll just have to wait until style black comes out. Try this: black lipstick + Funtabulous dazzleglass in the center of your lip.
winks.gif

Ok so here's a swatch:
IMGP5082.jpg

It's actually a way to get a strong blue-violet color on your lip.

captodometer

Definitely a fan of the goth look. I tend to go for the clothes, jewelry and nail polish more so than the full-face look. But I just found a really good goth lipstick for WOC: Max Factor Vivid Impact in Hipster (Shade 58). But snap it up if you see it: Max Factor is being discontinued in the US
cry.gif

elongreach

I'm all for it. I'm waiting on Style black to get the lipstick and gloss. I want to do a total black smoked out eye and black lips. Let's just go over the top.

blazeno.8

I talked to an SA at the MAC store near me and she was psyched for Style Black too! That makes me even more excited! I will probably try to attend the event even if I don't get a card. I might as well get a makeover because I am planning on spending well over the $50 down payment.

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
Definitely a fan of the goth look. I tend to go for the clothes, jewelry and nail polish more so than the full-face look. But I just found a really good goth lipstick for WOC: Max Factor Vivid Impact in Hipster (Shade 58). But snap it up if you see it: Max Factor is being discontinued in the US
cry.gif

It looks beautiful on the website, but I'm not a mauve kind of person. Is it really mauve or is it actually a different color IRL?

captodometer

Quote:
It looks beautiful on the website, but I'm not a mauve kind of person. Is it really mauve or is it actually a different color IRL?

Not a mauve girl, either
cutey.gif
Dark wine IRL. And $5 if you can find it on clearance at WalMart.

AmginE

I love dark looks! I've been wearing cyber lipstick since my unstylish college days in the '90's (lol)... I'll be sad if they dc it
ssad.gif

Sisa

I LOVE Goth aesthetic, but I don't find it wearable for everyday... I did som experiments in the past, lol... like this:

bbzz4v0j1wre9zg7f.jpg

but I'd harly use a black lipstick or something...

blazeno.8

I would say that if you're going goth, I would do one of 2 things or a mixture thereof:
1) A sheen of mineralized color (So Ceylon is a fave of mine, Albatross looks good as a highlight, Porcelain Pink is a nice highlight too).
2) A nice matte contour (Sculpt and Shape powders or if I want a little color Blunt)

I think where you place the color is also important to the look. I have kind of adopted a default of never placing color directly on the apples.

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisa
I LOVE Goth aesthetic, but I don't find it wearable for everyday... I did som experiments in the past, lol... like this:

but I'd harly use a black lipstick or something...

Sorry, didn't want to hot link your picture. Otherwise, I think that it is wearable if you take certain elements. I actually felt more confident with it when I saw some faculty members who sported it. One actually wore full out black lips and another wore something that was very dark, but not black on her lips. They didn't really do anything that was more dramatic, but there are some elements that you can wear everyday. I'm excited to see if the collection has face charts so that people might be able to incorporate something into an everyday look if they feel bold enough.

blazeno.8

I hate to post too many times in the same thread buuut... for anyone who's lookin' for a little orange and black action this Halloween, I just found the best combo EVAR (all mac unless otherwise stated):
Mango Mix s/s, Orange e/s, Firespot e/s, Off the Page e/s, Carbon e/s, Blacktrack, Body Shop Eye Shimmer 04 (it's orange irridescent), Crystalled Orange Glitter. Top it off with black lipstick... love.

La Dolce Diva

Quote:
Oh man, I just found a lip combo that's really hot. If you don't have access to a black lipstick already then you'll just have to wait until style black comes out. Try this: black lipstick + Funtabulous dazzleglass in the center of your lip.
winks.gif

Ok so here's a swatch:
IMGP5082.jpg

Holy guacamole! I WILL be wearing this! At the counter, over the counter, outside of the counter, under the counter....
lol.gif

YES!

I've been soooooo stoked about the entire Style Black collection. I'm especially interested in the Mattene lippies- I'mr eally digging a matte finish these days (although the Funtabulous dazzleglas will be tainting my plan :) ). I'm digging the liners as well. I'm a very, creative, fun-spirited person, so this is a great way for me to express myself. It's also great that my professional life involves activities (makeup & music) where I can do what I want and no one cares. Go Style Black!

blazeno.8

Anyone who likes this stuff should check out Zoffe's FOTD... like... asap. Very editorial, and oh so hot.

Vixxan

Quote:
winks.gif

Ok so here's a swatch:
IMGP5082.jpg

Add me to the list.

To get this look take MAC black black pigment place it all over your lips then add Funtabulous Dazzleglass on top. I have several black lipsticks but none of them compare to black black pigment. You can use any Dazzleglass on top they all look incredible with black black.

Latest posts