Any other WOC who like the goth aesthetic?

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Add me to the list.

To get this look take MAC black black pigment place it all over your lips then add Funtabulous Dazzleglass on top. I have several black lipsticks but none of them compare to black black pigment. You can use any Dazzleglass on top they all look incredible with black black.

I am using a lipstick from Black Radiance called "Black Opal". It works very well when you have Black lip liner, and then powder to set the liner underneath. In my most recent FOTD I used black lip liner, set it with powder, put black lip mix on top, and then a layer of the Black Radiance Lipstick. I like it better than what I'm seeing with the creamsheen so I don't think I'll purchase that. And with the Black lipmix, I can get a very matte look so I don't think I'll buy the new Mattene.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
I am using a lipstick from Black Radiance called "Black Opal". It works very well when you have Black lip liner, and then powder to set the liner underneath. In my most recent FOTD I used black lip liner, set it with powder, put black lip mix on top, and then a layer of the Black Radiance Lipstick. I like it better than what I'm seeing with the creamsheen so I don't think I'll purchase that. And with the Black lipmix, I can get a very matte look so I don't think I'll buy the new Mattene.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/h...-green-148855/ Gorgeous. I love this look and your lipstick looks perfect. I'm going to try and find that lipstick. Very pretty!!!

blazeno.8

So some of these pictures might seem familiar (although I took them all tonight) to those who know me. I tried taking pictures of different blackened concoctions that I made.
BlackPatent02.jpg

BlackPatent01.jpg

thanks to WSITN for this one
BLACK PATENT LIPS
Black Lip Liner (EL)
Black Lip Mix (MAC)
Black Onyx (Black Radiance)
Clear Gloss (MAC)

BlackDG01.jpg

BlackDG02.jpg

BLACK LS with FINE BLACK GLITTER
Black Lip Liner (EL)
Black Lip Mix (MAC)
Black Onyx (Black Radiance)
Onyx Glitter (Martha Stewart)
Clear Gloss (MAC)

As you can see, this is probably the explanation as to why there isn't a black dazzleglass. There is very little difference between black with lots of gloss and black with reflects grade glitter if it's black. The main difference that I can see is that the glitter will reflect more colors (like a wee bit of purple and pink) while the black patent reflects primarily direct light (with less residual color). You would probably need some other colors of reflects glitter to make anything really worthwhile.

Other than that, just for comparison when Style Black comes out:
MissFizzBlack.jpg

Miss Fizz
Black lipstick

I think it's a bit more coppery than the one that's coming out with Style Black from other people's swatches that I've seen (which has more of a 24K gold color).

cupcake_x

I've always loved the whole goth thing.

I love Tamara, owner of ipukeglamour.com 's make-up and whole cyber goth look and she is WOC.

xbmixc.gif

L281173

When I think of black lips. I think of Mary J. Blige rocking that black shiny lip in the 'Not Gonna Cry' video

blazeno.8

Hmm... the weather seems to be cooling down and we are entering the fall season. I think some designers are still embracing vamp looks, but are any of you guys planning on sporting vamp/goth looks?

captodometer

If I want to do goth, I do goth
tong.gif
I don't care if it's trendy or fashionable. Will be rocking this coat/dress as soon as it gets cool enough for me to wear it!

1761791.JPG

Nepenthe

Was experimenting with different looks & colours last night.. and while I wouldn't call it a goth aesthetic, I for some reason absolutely remembered this post. I'll be doing a product breakdown on my blog in the near future, but thought I'd share one of the pics. Properly opaque blacks lips are just love.
greengrin.gif

trina11225

I used to wear black lipstick as a teen, not even realizing I was being goth.i Lol. Now i just don't want black lips no more. But all about fun, edgy makeup looks on everyone.

Latest posts