Any WOC fans of the Illamasqua brand?

Vixxan

I purchased a ton of Illamasqua eye shadows, cream eye shadows and concealer and lipgloss from a blog sale. The concealer is my everyday concealer, the lip gloss is pretty nice but the eye shadows are not very good. From the 20+ eye shadows that I purchased I still have not found one that I like. The powder eye shadows are not very vibrant and the cream eye shadows crease like crazy.

shimmergrass

i am planning to get the cream blush in rude. i have seen it and been wanting it for a while
smiles.gif

DILLIGAF

I just bought the eyeliner cake from this brand in the Sephora F&F sale. I'm excited to get it here. I've heard such good things about it. This will be my 1st time using an eyeliner cake. I'm very comfortable around liquid and gel liners so how hard could this be?

Curly1908

I'm wearing the gloss in Fierce right now. I like it. It's much more subtle/wearable on me than in swatches. No taste to it. Mild fragrance. Not sticky. It's like a less creamy version of a cremesheen.

amynicolaox

I'm an NC40 - and I adore the blusher in Hussy beautiful bright pink! I love their Intense lipglosses in Fume and Move! I also am a big fan of the lipstick in Obey - I usually pair it with a nude lipgloss and it makes it much more wearable for me.

sss215

I finally have been able to try the line, which is sold at only one Sephora in my area. The colors instantly reeled me in and quickly I became hooked!

I am loving the shadows that I recently purchased. Intense: a deep teal blue that is more blue than green and stunning on! and Drama: a deep dark blue gray that is beautiful and unique as well. I have found that despite earlier reviews out there, these new batches are really easy to blend and very pigmented. I use a MAC 239, 242 and 252 brush with them and a MAC 217 or crown C433 to blend and I'm loving the results. One thing I have notices that the shadows are very finely milled so you have to lightly pick up color. Use them like pigments and press the color into the brush.

If you get a chance, check them out. I hope to haul Never, Sadist (blues) and Stalk: a green (looks like teal, but with more green) very soon.

As for the blushes... they are HOT! They are very pigmented and long wearing as well. Grab Excite if you like apricot/coral, Panic if you like Exhibit A, but want something more red and Thrust if you love magenta pink.

The lip products are beautiful as well. I am still getting my feet wet on that side of the line. I need more time because they have quite a range. So far, I know the lipglosses are not sticky at all. That right there is a winner with me. I'll report back soon!

nazih09

I want to get my hands on Hussy now, since alot of people are saying it's similar to alpha girl but more pigmented

DILLIGAF

While I will admit Im not a fan of their eyeshadows I believe their blushers are worth every penny.
I have
Thrust
Tweak
Sin
Panic

Yum all the way around.

honybr

Co-signing on the hotness of Excite. That is one gorgeous color. It's great alone and looks nicely with other blushes to add a sheen/shimmer (I've used Taj Mahal, Albatross, and the light side of MA).

I also have Beg and it's quickly becoming my go to blush. It's a great pinkish brown that looks great on chocolate skin. Very natural but still a bit of pow.

I've got my eye on Thrust now.

BeautyByLele

Lately, I have been hearing you guys mention this brand and speak highly on their products. Are their blushes along the same quality as Nars blushes ?? I've heard Excite, Panic, Tweak, and Thrust mentioned as good recs. Are any of these blush colors similar to some Nars colors ?? Since you guys are saying these are some good blushes, I might be interested in trying one but I dont want to have too many blushes that are similar in color. Are there any Illamasqua blushes that are unique/ different than any Nars blushes ??

sss215

Lately, I have been hearing you guys mention this brand and speak highly on their products. Are their blushes along the same quality as Nars blushes ?? I've heard Excite, Panic, Tweak, and Thrust mentioned as good recs. Are any of these blush colors similar to some Nars colors ?? Since you guys are saying these are some good blushes, I might be interested in trying one but I dont want to have too many blushes that are similar in color. Are there any Illamasqua blushes that are unique/ different than any Nars blushes ??

All the blushes that I have seen are matte. That is the biggested difference than what Nars offers. They are just as pigmented as Nars blushes, finely milled, blendable and long wearing. I wore Panic the other day after testing and it stayed on for a long time. I am an oily girl, so a nice long wearing blush is welcomed!

Panic instantly looked to me like Exihibit A. Bright and pungent, but its not orange, its more of a cherry red orange. They are similar beacuse they both pack the same punch!

Excite and Lover are in the same family as the NARS corals/peach/apricots, but still different. Tweak is a strawberry that I don't think NARS has. Thrust reminds me a little of MAC's Band of Roses. I really don't think the Illamasqua colors are dupeable, they just fill out the range of everything else out there.

BeautyByLele

Thank you Sss215 for that great review. My local Sephora doesnt have Illamasqua, although I might go to the city and check this brand out. Its always nice to have a variety of different cosmetics.