Armani Discussion

Icecaramellatte

I went crazy at the Armani Counter. I was going to order the CC cream online but when I saw my shade was on backorder, I hightailed it to Nordies. I got the #7 which I was leaning towards but tried the #6 on my hand to be sure. I couldn't believe the #6 tester was almost empty. Didn't this product just come out? How could it be empty already? Well, #7 was better for me anyway. I kind of figured from Monsieur Alex's reviews - I think this link were posted already. Well, maybe I'll link that site anyway. He mentioned #7 would be good for NC43/44. I didn't try it on my face though. I also got the liquid bronzer and 2 of the liquid blushes. You only need a pin size amount of this. I don't know why the bottles are so big. I hope they last a on the skin. We shall see. I decided to check out the bronzer. I looked at 200 and 500. I decided to try the 200. The 500 looked so red. I just wasn't sure about it for me. The SA put it on my face and I looked in the mirror and was in love. Crazy. I so don't need any more bronzer. It must have been the contrast of winter skin with the sunkissed looked that did me in. I'm still thinking about the powder blushes. They don't look like much on my hand. I think I just have to try them on my face one day.

I mentioned some new products and the SA jumped right in about the new singles shadows but I really meant the cream shadow/brow stuff. I should have asked when they would be in but I think if the SA knew about them then it must not be too far off. She still had those electrico matte glosses on display. I thought these were limited. I may just want one for summer. Did anyone get one of these?

Oh, as for the liquid blushes - I got the coral and the in between color -500. I only remember the number because when I asked to see the new liquid blushes, the SA said right away, "I only have one 500 left." She described these as a coral, a pink and an in between color. I thought I could wait on the pink. We shall see. If I really love it, I will probably get that one as well.

Monsieur Alex blog post on the new Armani stuff:

http://www.monsiieuralex.com/2014/02/giorgio-armani-spring-2014-collection.html

Oh I just looked at the pics on this site and the 200 looks really red. It didn't look that way in the store. Now I'm confused. Well, I liked how it looked on me. I'm curious about the 400 now but I didn't even look at that one in the store. It didn't look like my color at all. But in these pics, it would have been the one I picked. I may have to look at these again.

Monsy

I wonder how does 100 bronzer compare to laguna?

or how are they compared to guerlain terracottas?

User38

I bought my 502 and a 507 blushes.. will report in once I try them on. I did not buy the bronzers because I have a few from othe brands which I still love and am using.

MACina

I bought my 502 and a 507 blushes.. will report in once I try them on. I did not buy the bronzers because I have a few from othe brands which I still love and am using.
Thank you, HerGreyness
bouquet.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious about the blushes too. Not that I desperatly need more blushes.
girlhaha.gif
At this point I have so many that I only want to add the best formulas to my collection. I'm wondering if I should get an Armani or Hourglass one, leaning towards Armani so far.

MACina

I'm curious about the blushes too. Not that I desperatly need more blushes.
girlhaha.gif
At this point I have so many that I only want to add the best formulas to my collection. I'm wondering if I should get an Armani or Hourglass one, leaning towards Armani so far.

Maybe one of each
th_dunno.gif

MACina

I just caved and placed an order for the Cheek Fabric # 507
cheerleader.gif

Couldn' t resist any longer and want to try the new texture!

User38

I just caved and placed an order for the Cheek Fabric # 507
cheerleader.gif

Couldn' t resist any longer and want to try the new texture!
That's what I liked MACina, the texture. All colours are dupeable -- texture is not. And that's where I am at now, if the texture is not right, I won't buy.

that said, I did buy a few of the HGlass ambient blushes -- they are lovely, but kick up a bit too much powder for me. I think I am more in love with the Armani.

User38

I don't really put much credence into T's reviews.. I just look at her pics which are quite good.

I have acquired many products which she does not even like.. lol. And I love them.
sigh.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That's what I liked MACina, the texture. All colours are dupeable -- texture is not. And that's where I am at now, if the texture is not right, I won't buy.

that said, I did buy a few of the HGlass ambient blushes -- they are lovely, but kick up a bit too much powder for me. I think I am more in love with the Armani.
That's what I wanted to hear :) I'll probaly get the Armani over the HG.

MACina

Amazing! So I think will get more of these once I have tried # 507.
I still have # 506 and # 509 on my list.

Thank you, HerGreyness
smiles.gif

NYCBeautyJunkie

From the new collection, I've picked up 200 Androgino and 507 Flesh of the Cheek Fabric and 300 & 500 from the Maestro Fusion blushes. I also bought the Luminessence CC cream in early Feb and have been wearing it almost everyday for a month (for reference, I bought shade 7, I'm NC 50, slightly lighter in the winter)

Armani has been the brand emptying my pockets this Spring. The Cheek Fabric blushes are a thin but silky formula, but definitely (IMO) looks better applied to the cheek than swatched on the hand. 200 is a warm terracotta color that has an orange undertone; it is so beautiful! It warms up the face effortlessly. 507 is a BRIGHT blue based pink with pink shimmer that doesn't really translate onto the cheek, but adds a nice finish nonetheless.

The Maestro blushes are TDF. They are INCREDIBLY pigmented, you truly need the teeniest bit. I accidentally overdid one cheek today, lol. However, they blend effortlessly and leave such a beautiful flush of color that can be sheered out to an almost watercolor effect. 300 is a warm orange, 500 is a deep coral-pink shade and from when I swatched it in store, 400 is a bright medium pink, neutral to cool toned, I'd even say.

In regards to the CC cream, it is a weightless, sheer, luminous cream with a satin finish. I love to throw it on as a quick way of evening out my skin. #7 works fine for now but I definitely will need something a bit deeper in the summer, when I tan.

MACina

From the new collection, I've picked up 200 Androgino and 507 Flesh of the Cheek Fabric and 300 & 500 from the Maestro Fusion blushes. I also bought the Luminessence CC cream in early Feb and have been wearing it almost everyday for a month (for reference, I bought shade 7, I'm NC 50, slightly lighter in the winter)

Armani has been the brand emptying my pockets this Spring. The Cheek Fabric blushes are a thin but silky formula, but definitely (IMO) looks better applied to the cheek than swatched on the hand. 200 is a warm terracotta color that has an orange undertone; it is so beautiful! It warms up the face effortlessly. 507 is a BRIGHT blue based pink with pink shimmer that doesn't really translate onto the cheek, but adds a nice finish nonetheless.

The Maestro blushes are TDF. They are INCREDIBLY pigmented, you truly need the teeniest bit. I accidentally overdid one cheek today, lol. However, they blend effortlessly and leave such a beautiful flush of color that can be sheered out to an almost watercolor effect. 300 is a warm orange, 500 is a deep coral-pink shade and from when I swatched it in store, 400 is a bright medium pink, neutral to cool toned, I'd even say.

In regards to the CC cream, it is a weightless, sheer, luminous cream with a satin finish. I love to throw it on as a quick way of evening out my skin. #7 works fine for now but I definitely will need something a bit deeper in the summer, when I tan.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts
bouquet.gif

I think that I need to place an order for the # 400 Fusion Blush
heart.gif

NYCBeautyJunkie

These two blogs have pictures & swatches of the Maestro Fusion Blush as well as a Cheek Fabric Blush:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/03/25/giorgio-armani-maestro-mediterranea-sneak-peek-300-maestro-fusion-blush-attitude-cheek-fabric-sheer-blush/

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/03/giorgio-armani-maestro-mediterranea-review-swatches.html

jebogewf

I couldn't agree more. I have a three of the Hourglass Ambient Blushes, and they are nice, but they are definitely not mind blowing fabulous. And the dust! Way too much excess powder for me. When I was swatching these, I kept choking on it. The Armani Cheek Fabric Blushes on the other hand, kick up virtually no surplus powder. The texture is just, everyone needs to own at least one. I didn't really agree with Temptalia's review on these. When I wear these blushes, they last all day on me, close 9 hours before I notice slight fading. Over 9, before I notice any real fading. And the color is supposed to be "thin" and airy.

As for the Liquid Blushes, I ordered 500, which I should be getting later today. I'm so curious about the color, I had the hardest time deciding between 400 and 500. I think the Eye&Brow Maestro comes out later in a few months, like September. And the Solo Singles, in May. Ooooh and for fair (white) people like me, there is going to be a new pure-white Maestro foundation with the holiday collection. (I read it all here: http://www.style.com/beauty/beautycounter/tag/linda-cantello/ )

Latest posts