Armani Discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Do all of the powder blush shades have shimmer, or are there completely matte ones too? I can't really tell from the swatches. If there are, could someone list the matte shades for me? Thanks :)

User38

@Naynadine

the glimmer is barely perciptible.. it's just the mica in the product which is necessary for the luminous effect but is not overbearing.

I would not have bought if they were glimmery/glittery in any way.

jebogewf

Do all of the powder blush shades have shimmer, or are there completely matte ones too? I can't really tell from the swatches. If there are, could someone list the matte shades for me? Thanks :)
I have two of them right now, 502 Skin and 506 Blush (I did a review on 502). They both have very slight shimmer in the pan, (I'm guessing they all do), however, it doesn't really translate to the face at all. The shimmer is so very fine, it's almost imperceptible to the eye. It's more of a satiny matte blush, with a few sparkles here and there, more of a matte really. (I just swatched 506 to double check) And there really is hardly and shimmer at all. The only reason I hesitate to call it a satiny matte, is the way it glows on skin.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I have two of them right now, 502 Skin and 506 Blush (I did a review on 502). They both have very slight shimmer in the pan, (I'm guessing they all do), however, it doesn't really translate to the face at all. The shimmer is so very fine, it's almost imperceptible to the eye. It's more of a satiny matte blush, with a few sparkles here and there, more of a matte really. (I just swatched 506 to double check) And there really is hardly and shimmer at all. The only reason I hesitate to call it a satiny matte, is the way it glows on skin.
Thanks for your replies, ladies :)

I definitely want to get one of them, I think it will be 502, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'd love to see more swatches of all the shades.

sarabeautime

Hi Ladies,
I swatched the blushes (liquid and powder) as well as bronzers, didn't have time to load them up on the blog yet but since it is asked, here are the liquid blushes.300, 400 and 500 respectively.
I have to note something though, these do stain!
After that swatch, despite two phase eye makeup remover and different removing products, a stain didn't want to go away and I have seen it after shower the next day, it was still there. Now I checked it is gone after numerous times I washed my hands. I didn't get them because of this. I don't want to stain my face
001_unsure.gif

Miss QQ

I went crazy at the Armani Counter. I was going to order the CC cream online but when I saw my shade was on backorder, I hightailed it to Nordies. I got the #7 which I was leaning towards but tried the #6 on my hand to be sure. I couldn't believe the #6 tester was almost empty. Didn't this product just come out? How could it be empty already? Well, #7 was better for me anyway. I kind of figured from Monsieur Alex's reviews - I think this link were posted already. Well, maybe I'll link that site anyway. He mentioned #7 would be good for NC43/44. I didn't try it on my face though. I also got the liquid bronzer and 2 of the liquid blushes. You only need a pin size amount of this. I don't know why the bottles are so big. I hope they last a on the skin. We shall see. I decided to check out the bronzer. I looked at 200 and 500. I decided to try the 200. The 500 looked so red. I just wasn't sure about it for me. The SA put it on my face and I looked in the mirror and was in love. Crazy. I so don't need any more bronzer. It must have been the contrast of winter skin with the sunkissed looked that did me in. I'm still thinking about the powder blushes. They don't look like much on my hand. I think I just have to try them on my face one day.

I mentioned some new products and the SA jumped right in about the new singles shadows but I really meant the cream shadow/brow stuff. I should have asked when they would be in but I think if the SA knew about them then it must not be too far off. She still had those electrico matte glosses on display. I thought these were limited. I may just want one for summer. Did anyone get one of these?

Oh, as for the liquid blushes - I got the coral and the in between color -500. I only remember the number because when I asked to see the new liquid blushes, the SA said right away, "I only have one 500 left." She described these as a coral, a pink and an in between color. I thought I could wait on the pink. We shall see. If I really love it, I will probably get that one as well.

Monsieur Alex blog post on the new Armani stuff:

http://www.monsiieuralex.com/2014/02/giorgio-armani-spring-2014-collection.html

Oh I just looked at the pics on this site and the 200 looks really red. It didn't look that way in the store. Now I'm confused. Well, I liked how it looked on me. I'm curious about the 400 now but I didn't even look at that one in the store. It didn't look like my color at all. But in these pics, it would have been the one I picked. I may have to look at these again.
I read reviews of the cc cream and am impressed. Like what this blog said, the cc cream is more yellow-toned which is good news for me. Many cc creams are pink-toned or white, and look mask-like on me. I will certainly check this one out. Let us know what you think of the cc cream!

Icecaramellatte

From the new collection, I've picked up 200 Androgino and 507 Flesh of the Cheek Fabric and 300 & 500 from the Maestro Fusion blushes. I also bought the Luminessence CC cream in early Feb and have been wearing it almost everyday for a month (for reference, I bought shade 7, I'm NC 50, slightly lighter in the winter)

Armani has been the brand emptying my pockets this Spring. The Cheek Fabric blushes are a thin but silky formula, but definitely (IMO) looks better applied to the cheek than swatched on the hand. 200 is a warm terracotta color that has an orange undertone; it is so beautiful! It warms up the face effortlessly. 507 is a BRIGHT blue based pink with pink shimmer that doesn't really translate onto the cheek, but adds a nice finish nonetheless.

The Maestro blushes are TDF. They are INCREDIBLY pigmented, you truly need the teeniest bit. I accidentally overdid one cheek today, lol. However, they blend effortlessly and leave such a beautiful flush of color that can be sheered out to an almost watercolor effect. 300 is a warm orange, 500 is a deep coral-pink shade and from when I swatched it in store, 400 is a bright medium pink, neutral to cool toned, I'd even say.

In regards to the CC cream, it is a weightless, sheer, luminous cream with a satin finish. I love to throw it on as a quick way of evening out my skin. #7 works fine for now but I definitely will need something a bit deeper in the summer, when I tan.
Thanks for the info. I bought the CC in #7 and it is a little bit dark for me but still wearable. I have been wearing it though. I like the formula. I will probably like it even better in the summer so we have the opposite problem. Well, maybe the #8 would be good for you come summer. Have you tried it? I'm eager to try those Cheek Fabric blushes and will check out the colors you mentioned.

As for the Maestro liquid blushes . . . I still haven't used them. I went to take them out and notice the 500 was missing a bit. I took out the 300 I bought to compare the bottles and it was filled to the top but the 500 was not. Someone was in it. Really bums me out! I remember the SA telling me it was the last one. I think someone was having too much fun at that counter. One of the CC cream testers was practically empty and now this. I think employees must have been it it. So I didn't even try the other one. I was mad because I don't want to miss out on my points if I take it back. I did a live chat and they said the SA would have to order me a new one but could do an exchange so I can keep my points. Anyway, I didn't touch the other one thinking because I was nervous they would think I used it and was just returning it. But now I'm a bit more clear headed and realize it doesn't matter. It's their problem. I will use it tomorrow if it goes with my look (the 300). I'm not touching the 500. I just hate having to go back there. I may be able to go tomorrow. But now that I have to go back I'll probably just end up getting something else!

NYCBeautyJunkie

Wanna know something crazy Icecaramel? My 500 & 300 are the same way! I noticed it when I tried it yesterday as well... the bottle looked to be about 90-95% full and the neck had product all over it. 300 was completely full and had minimal product on it. Idk what's up with that, perhaps its a manufacturing error. Mine wasn't the last one; they'd just gotten them in and I watched the S.A. pull one randomly from the drawer. As for the CC cream, Sephora Times Sq (the huge one on Broadway) has them in stock and on display if you wanna check #6 out. :)

Icecaramellatte

As for the CC cream, Sephora Times Sq (the huge one on Broadway) has them in stock and on display if you wanna check #6 out.
smiles.gif
Really?? Maybe it is okay then. I didn't actually open the bottle to see if any spilled. To tell you the truth, I may be a bit bitter because I bought some Tom Ford perfumes from there a few days before with the expectation that I would be getting a big atomizer (looked like 1.7 oz.) filled with a Tom Ford perfume of my choice as a GWP. Well, I go to the store to pick it up and the SA tells me someone stole it. She did apologize profusely and gave be a bunch of roller balls filled with my choice of scent and many samples of other stuff but it just makes me a bit suspicious of the store now. Oh and she promised to call me when the replacement atomizers come in. I was just annoyed because I spent a few weeks agonizing over what to buy and what to get as my free perfume.

I really shouldn't even take it back, I don't see how anyone would use this stuff up but it would be a matter of principal and I do like my products brand new and pristine looking especially for these prices!

Anyway, I did try the #6 on my hand and it looked light to me. But maybe mixed with the #7. Not that I want to mix such a pricey product but . . . I will check it out again. Good to know they are in Sephoras. I know at least 2 other NYC Sephoras that carry Armani. I didn't know the Times Square store did too. Thanks for the info!

BTW - It seems like there are about a 1000 Sephoras in NYC. Since January, I've discovered and visited 2 that I never knew were there. Plus, now there is one a short drive from my house. Yikes! Who knew there was such a need.

NYCBeautyJunkie

C
Really?? Maybe it is okay then. I didn't actually open the bottle to see if any spilled.  To tell you the truth, I may be a bit bitter because I bought some Tom Ford perfumes from there a few days before with the expectation that I would be getting a big atomizer (looked like 1.7 oz.) filled with a Tom Ford perfume of my choice as a GWP. Well, I go to the store to pick it up and the SA tells me someone stole it. She did apologize profusely and gave be a bunch of roller balls filled with my choice of scent and many samples of other stuff but it just makes me a bit suspicious of the store now.  Oh and she promised to call me when the replacement atomizers come in.  I was just annoyed because I spent a few weeks agonizing over what to buy and what to get as my free perfume.   I really shouldn't even take it back, I don't see how anyone would use this stuff up but it would be a matter of principal and I do like my products brand new and pristine looking especially for these prices! Anyway, I did try the #6 on my hand and it looked light to me.  But maybe mixed with the #7.  Not that I want to mix such a pricey product but . . .   I will check it out again.  Good to know they are in Sephoras.  I know at least 2 other NYC Sephoras that carry Armani.  I didn't know the Times Square store did too.  Thanks for the info! BTW - It seems like there are about a 1000 Sephoras in NYC.  Since January, I've discovered and visited 2 that I never knew were there.  Plus, now there is one a short drive from my house.  Yikes!  Who knew there was such a need.
I'm the same way... very particular about my items being completely brand new. I'm the woman who will open the box after purchase and check to see if there are any fingerprints on the bottle, lol. I think you should return it in case you can get a full sized 500; you paid full price of it, so you should get full product! I would do it, but I'm not even sure I'm going to keep 500... I stopped by Saks today, and an associate used 400 on me and I fell in love with that too, lol. Maybe I'll just have all three, I dunno. Regardless, I had a GC when I bought 300 & 500, so I only spent about $20 for both; that's the ONLY reason why I'm not being a stickler about the amount in the bottle.

Icecaramellatte

I would do it, but I'm not even sure I'm going to keep 500... I stopped by Saks today, and an associate used 400 on me and I fell in love with that too, lol. Maybe I'll just have all three, I dunno. Regardless, I had a GC when I bought 300 & 500, so I only spent about $20 for both; that's the ONLY reason why I'm not being a stickler about the amount in the bottle.
I returned it. I told my mother about it and she said I should return it. I thought about it and realized it would bother me especially since the box was so crummy looking. It was all bent and it was obvious that it had been opened a few times. I took it back and the SA that sold it to me was there and she wasn't as bright and happy as she was when she sold it to me. She told me "but this just came out." "I can guarantee you nobody used this." How can she guarantee that? She's not there all the time. Anyway, I stuck to my guns and ask her to make it so I keep my triple points and she said she didn't know how. I told her if she did it as an exchange it would go through. I feel like she didn't do it so I'm going to Live Chat tomorrow to see if they can check. I mean geez, I spent a lot of money at that counter. You would think she'd want me coming back for more because it was obvious that I do buy a lot of Armani products. I probably should just go back to my guy at Bloomies anyway. Anyway, I have a bit of a wait for the product. I think she ordered it from a store and not the warehouse. If she did and I don't get my points, I'm going to just cancel it altogether and start over. She told me 5-8 business days. That seems really long.

Oh I was tempted by the 400 but was trying to be good. So much for that.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Found another post (in Russian) with swatches of one of the new shadows:

http://bella-shmella.com/novy-e-mono-teni-giorgio-armani-eyes-to-kill-solo-21/

I go weak in the knees for purples, so...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The ETK Solo are available online here, at 32€ they're definitely not a steal. Still planning on getting one, but holding off for now.

Shades 21, 22, and 24 are LE.

MACina

Found another post (in Russian) with swatches of one of the new shadows:

http://bella-shmella.com/novy-e-mono-teni-giorgio-armani-eyes-to-kill-solo-21/

I go weak in the knees for purples, so...

Me too
eyelove.gif

Looks gorgeous
heart.gif

Latest posts