B B Cream for darker skintones?

sss215

Companies like Ambi, Fashion Fair, Black Opal, Iman, RX for Brown Skin, etc need to get with the BB creams cause clearly, no other company is putting out deeper colors in this type of product. It will be months and months before the chocolate girls will get even anything remotely similar. Im basing all of this on the history of cosmetics for women of color. We are the last ones to get deeper shades of anything.

Having said that, a part of me is hoping and believing some company is in the lab right now as we discuss this cooking up some amazing BB creams for browner completions. The time is now!!!

StyleBlack

Companies like Ambi, Fashion Fair, Black Opal, Iman, RX for Brown Skin, etc need to get with the BB creams cause clearly, no other company is putting out deeper colors in this type of product. It will be months and months before the chocolate girls will get even anything remotely similar. Im basing all of this on the history of cosmetics for women of color. We are the last ones to get deeper shades of anything.

Having said that, a part of me is hoping and believing some company is in the lab right now as we discuss this cooking up some amazing BB creams for browner completions. The time is now!!!

Right?? It's so annoying. Like in 2012, we're excited when a company acknowledges darker skin tones, whereas for everyone else, it's completely expected.

bobbiedoll03

I checked out the NARS Tinted Moisturizer yesterday and got matched to Martinique. It blends beautifully and I love the way to looks. I wore a light buffing of Studio fix powder on top...but it may be giving my Laura mercier TM a run for its money.

Prettypackages

Right?? It's so annoying. Like in 2012, we're excited when a company acknowledges darker skin tones, whereas for everyone else, it's completely expected.
It IS annoying. I won't buy from a line if they don't have foundation shades that suit darker skin tones. If you don't consider me there, I won't consider you at all.

mebabygirl86

i agree i tried the garnier BB cream it I looked ghostly lol But the consistency reminds me of a tinted moisturizer so I just use my ELF tinted moisturizer.

MkupTart

I received a sample of the NARS TM. I really liked it but I suspect that it caused a cyst like breakout for me
ohboy.gif
. My skin is very sensitive. I LOVED the finish and how it truly felt like I had nothing on my skin. Other than being sensitive my skin is also dry. I did use a moisturizer underneath which might attributed to the breakout. Since it is warmer here in NYC I will try it again without a moisturizer and see what happens. *fingers crossed*

agiri

I've tried the Garnier BB Cream and just wasn't impressed. I looked chalky and it never oxidized to the proper tone. I'm curious about the MISSHA M Perfect BB Cream in Golden Beige. Anyone try it? I've heard that it was suitable for darker skin tones despite being a Korean brand.

Prettypackages

I have sensitive oily skin, and felt like the TM made me oilier. I also got a few breakots... i'm going to try one more time.

KeshieShimmer

I was just checking my Allure Mag and Origins has a new BB cream (SPF 15) with Med/deep, deep, and extra deep colors. $35 USD.

MzBrownBeauty

Ok....I'm gonna have to check that out. I like my Laura Mercier TM but recently purchased Smasbox TM and I adore it!! I'm kinda racking up on foundations/TM. Ordered Benefits Hello Wow foundation about three wks ago and yesterday I ordered a Lancome foundation.

IvyTrini

I use the Becca Luminous Tinted Moisturizer (technically not a BB, but..) and it's pretty good! I wear the darkest shade in Mink.

La Dolce Diva

CARGO TM gets it done! I also use MAC studio moisture tint in dark plus when I want a matte look. I will, however, say that a surprising fave has been Lancome Bienfait tinted moisturizer in 4. It will probably fit an NC 44-50/NW 40/43/45. I ALWAYS get compliments when i wear this.

Edit: I tried the NARS TM in Malaga & Seychelles. The former is around an NC 42-45/NW40-43 while Seychelles is around NW43-45/NC45-50. Nice, but not $42 woth of nice. Oily over time. I will be trying Smashbox's BB cream next- I'll report back!

Prettypackages

I might try the others you all have mentioned. I didn't like Nars' TM, because it felt greasy, but they all feel that way to me.

lojical1

I also tried the bb cream from Smashbox in dark and I like the results. Tinted moisturizer is not the same as bb cream: bb creams are supposed to have a ton of skin care benefits whereas a tinted moisturizer typically does not. I'm sure depending on the brand the benefits in the cream vary, but at basic it's supposed to moisturize, treat and protect from the sun. With the Smashbox bb I wear alone or under a foundation. I think a lot of people are bringing up the NARS because it hit around the time of this bb craze, if I'm not mistaken. I still haven't checked out the NARS tm, but I'm happy with my Laura Mercier at the moment (in walnut). And I wholeheartedly agree about spending money with companies that acknowledge my end nof the color spectrum.

Richelle83

I also tried the bb cream from Smashbox in dark and I like the results. Tinted moisturizer is not the same as bb cream: bb creams are supposed to have a ton of skin care benefits whereas a tinted moisturizer typically does not. I'm sure depending on the brand the benefits in the cream vary, but at basic it's supposed to moisturize, treat and protect from the sun. With the Smashbox bb I wear alone or under a foundation. I think a lot of people are bringing up the NARS because it hit around the time of this bb craze, if I'm not mistaken. I still haven't checked out the NARS tm, but I'm happy with my Laura Mercier at the moment (in walnut). And I wholeheartedly agree about spending money with companies that acknowledge my end nof the color spectrum.
The NARS TM in this case is like a BB cream because it does have the skin care benefits.

Good to know Smashbox in Dark is a good choice, might pick up a sample.