B B Cream for darker skintones?

PrettyGirlDoc

Here's another vote for the Maybelline BB in Deep. I wore it everyday during the summer and still have trouble putting it down. It blends beautifully. I just put concealer where I need it and set it with my pressed powder I am surprised Garnier is getting such mixed reviews since they are from the same manufacturer.

Curly1908

I'm voting for Origins BB in Extra Deep. It blends seamlessly into my skin (NW47). I could see the shade matching NW45-50. I have super oily, acne-prone skin. This does not clog my pores or break me out. It was light to medium coverage. It gives you a SUPER natural look. (Many ladies tend to forget that these products are not meant to be foundation so it won't cover every imperfection.) Of course, it's not a true BB but it does have tons of good ingredients for the skin as well as SPF 15.

Shimmery

The SA in sephora made me try out Smashbox BB cream and it was actually pretty good.
flower.gif

sss215

Has anyone tried Iman's yet? I saw it at Walgreens an there were small tubes to sample from

Pikahime

Ooh! A BB Cream thread!
I adore BB Creams, but I'm JUST light enough to squeeze myself into some of the Asian BB creams, and even then I have a limited (NC 35/ 40-42 is the closest I come to). I find that BB creams work way better for me than normal foundation. Anywho, my mom recently hopped onto the BB cream bandwagon when she told me she needed something to wear on her face when she didn't want to wear her MAC studio fix fluid. She's an NC 45 and she tried the Maybelline BB Cream in deep. She doesn't use brushes or anything like that because she's just getting into makeup (and isn't a junkie like me, heehee) but she told me it was easy to blend into her skin and it felt very light. I've used it in Medium and it was orange on me... but I expect that because most foundations turn me orange.

If anyone is my skin tone or darker, there's a Korean brand named Missha that is one of the few Asian brands that has a BB cream that caters towards darker skin. The name of the BB Cream (they have quite a few of them) is called Perfect Cover, it comes in a red tube and the darkest shade I think is 31. I think it would do better off with skin tones darker than NC 42. Also, if you want to have the benefits of a BB Cream but they don't have your shade, you can also use the BB Cream as a primer. As long as the shade isn't too light and doesn't have the grey overcast (a lot of Asian BB Creams do, the undertone is usually either grey or yellow), you can get their darkest shade and use it to even out your skin. I use Fairydrops BB Cream in Orche to do this because it has AWESOME coverage but I can only wear it in the wintertime because it's very light. In the summertime I use a tiny bit of it to even out my face and provide some coverage, then use a concealer of my skin tone to cover up anything else.

Artemis9109

I am really starting to get disheartened in the search for a BB Cream. I really want to try one though as I just want light coverage but finding something that will match my complexion (I'm hoping to wear in the summer on vacation in Mexico) AND that won't break out my finicky and eczema prone sensitive skin. I'm thinking of trying Origins...

RaizinnthaSun

I don't have a problem with this one. Fits me perfectly (nw50-55) mufe 185. But since I haven't tried anything else I don't have anything to compare it too. I know some say it cost too much but I have personally have to buy some $$ ones because of my skin tone and undertones.
I have received them but haven't tried them yet.
When you try AJ's, please update us with your thoughts. I've been thinking about ordering it.

lojical1

I just tried the l'oreal bb cream and it broke me out-- I didn't do an ingredient until after the damage and saw it had dimethicone in it :( In other news, I think I'm going to try the smashbox cc cream next. Anyone have a review or opinion on it yet? Its fairly new and I haven't made my way to the mall in some time.

Artemis9109

I want to try out the new Jane Iredale BB cream - I haven't had a desire to try out BB creams since Jane Iredale released theirs.
What was the verdict on this cream? Anyone else tried it? I'm thinking about it but girrrrllllll....it's a little on the 'pensive side.....lol I guess it's worth it if it doesn't turn me into a red broken out itchy mess though. Not really a good look.