Best Gold Eyeshadow? MAC & other brands

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinggale07
Gold mode IMO, is the best golden e/s out there! I've tried about a million of them :p

Do you mean Gold Mode pigment? Or is there a Gold mode e/s too? Too many gold colors, yet they are all so different LOL.

I like the gorgeous gold, but it's more of a yellowish/greenish gold on me (I am NW25). It looks different on everyone so you should try it if you haven't on your skintone.

mdjmsj

Fyrinnae Aztec Gold (slightly greenish cast when applied) and Genie Lamp (true gold) are my two favs.

gabi03

the gold shades from the mediteranee or isolde eyeshadow duos from NARS, they are amazingly silky.

rachelkr

Goldmine, gold stroke, and melon. Pigments are definitely best for gold because they have so much shimmer and sheen.

LMD84

i've found a new love for amber lights. an orangey gold that looks stunning as a wash on the lid!
smiles.gif
great for summery looks.

and of course the amazing old gold pigment that i used today! has a wonderful greeny tint that flashes!
yes.gif

zoegeorge84

It is more ambery/bronze than gold, but Amber Lights is my favourite eyeshadow colour in taht category. It has a great depth adn intensity to it that doesn't make it look trashy or tacky, but still retains a great metallic shine and a goldish vibe to it.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
What is the most versatile ( - cool?- ) gold for us NC15 pale people? I am not talking about highlighter shades, I want intense color. Maybe a pigment, so you can put it over the black in a smokey look.

I'm pale and I really like Urban Decay's Half Baked.. it's a true gold and it comes out pretty bold on me (i'm NW 15 but I just started wearing NW when an MA tried it out on me.. I have worn NC 15 for years and I always liked Half Baked)

awilda429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I want it to look really silky and almost soft and creamy seamless looking one but i don't want it to be a cream texture. Also i don't want it to be full on tacky gold, i want a sophisticated one that would look good on my NC43 skin.

I've bought about Amber Light from MAC since I discovered it. I am NC40 and my NC45 friend LOVES it too!

Goldmine would be a LOT more obvious on your complexion.

sararose

Just throwing this out there, but a GREAT drug store brand gold I've tried was from the Black Radiance line. I don't know if anyone's ever heard of it, but some years ago - and by years, I mean a LOOOOONG time ago, maybe some 6 years or more - I was just randomly walking down the beauty isle of a local drug store. I came across Black Radiance's Eye Shadow Quartet in 8801 Desert Clay.

The colors are SOOOO pigmented! The gold is definitely one of the best gold's I've ever tried! And I believe they're only $3-$5!

http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...nce/Eye_Shadow MUA reviews

br_eyes_002.png

(this is the only image I could find of the quartet - don't let this image full you, it seems like the colors aren't right, but the colors in person are VERY bright and extremely pigmented!)

I've swatched Urban Decay's Half Baked when I was in Sephora, and I think it is a gorgeous gold- not too yellow, dark, or light. Does anyone know of a MAC eyeshadow that is a dupe/very similar to UD's Half Baked?

elementaire

I like urban decay's honey (deluxe e/s) - this shows up on me best and it's so pretty!
Gold mine is also gorgeous; I always use it over base light paint.
gorgeous gold is kinda meh on me.

(Nc20-25 asian skin)

MissResha

dunno if this was mentioned...

but Bare Escentuals True Gold is exactly that. A true gold. its GORGEOUS!

Latest posts