better black: black tied or carbon?

javachip

i love carbon, especially for the crease and outer V. if i want to add some sparkle i can add a little bit of your ladyship or something similar on top.

Carbon. I don't like a lot of glitter unless I'm blending two and two together.
I've never tried blending with glitter though. I might try it!
yes.gif

aic

Carbon. i use it for almost all my smokey eye looks.
Blact tied is nice too. but i definitely use carbon more.

maketotheup

I bought carbon because I was afraid of the large sparkles in black tied. I regret it because I have found a lot of eyeshadows that are the exact same as carbon and none of black tied. Black tied also looks a lot prettier in the palette.

unkn0wn

i like black tied better to used with a smokey eye or a more intense black, but carbon is definitely better to use in the crease.

Yushimi

Carbon
smiles.gif

Those glitter throws off my non-glitter smokey eye lolz I like a matte finish for my smokey eyes

missfaithy

I would truly go for BOTH!

It's literally like having the BEST of both worlds.

However, I must say I lean more towards Carbon.

When I purchased Carbon I was quite skeptically...AT FIRST -- but like the many that previously posted -- it's versatile and can be used to tone down bright colors without sacrificing the color itself.

I use it almost EVERYDAY.

highonmac

I was really considering getting Black tied but wasn't sure since I already did have carbon. But now i WILL!
greengrin.gif

highonmac

Btw, I think you should get both since black tied has more shimmer. You can really up a look with some shimmer. Since carbon is just a flat black theres nothing really exciting about it

Mzchio

I love black tied, I'm used to carbon only because its preferred in photoshoots a matte black. But I mix my black tied with mixing medium for a great eyeliner trick. I love the added sparkle!

jh4200

I like carbon - just find it more versatile. Great matte, and I can add a touch of a shimmery shadow if that's what I'm looking for at a given time.

vivaluxri

okay, i know this isn't your question, but i really like venus; it's the perfect mix between matte carbon and glitter black tied. i find it to be more versatile.
greengrin.gif

Mzchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi5290
i can never get my black tied to come out BLACK, it always looks gray
ssad.gif

try using a medium.