better black: black tied or carbon?

Sparkkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizfit
Hey, girls.

Just wondering which you think is the better black. I'm probably only going to use this for lining. I know Black Tied has some sparkle and Carbon is supposed to be matte - who has one or both? Maybe you can recommened one over the other. Thanks.

Carbon is the best for smokey....I like black tied for a more consentrative amount of black

Sparkkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfaithy
I would truly go for BOTH!

It's literally like having the BEST of both worlds.

However, I must say I lean more towards Carbon.

When I purchased Carbon I was quite skeptically...AT FIRST -- but like the many that previously posted -- it's versatile and can be used to tone down bright colors without sacrificing the color itself.

I use it almost EVERYDAY.

Same here! I use both of these the most out of all my shadows!

kuuipo415

I have both, but i find myself using carbon more often...black tied is freakin gorgeous, but it smudges more easily....when i wear it it ends up under my eyes in a matter of hours! but i recently started using UDPP and use carbon first and layer on with black tied. makes a pretty shimmery smokey eye!

Ode to Joy

I hate Black Tied with a passion. Seriously, I was so glad when I swapped it away.

Carbon is a little bit difficult to work with but I think it's SO worth the effort!

callison

I actually mix them, but if I had to choose Black Tied is AMAZING and adds something special, can't go wrong.

MissAlly

Tough call.I gotta say,I LOVE them both.

If I want simple black smokey eye,I put Carbon on the lid,and Black Tied in the crease.

rocksteadybaby

Omg!!! I couldn't even pick or over the other..... I love both of them and I think every Mac girl should have both in their collection
smiles.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteadybaby
Omg!!! I couldn't even pick or over the other..... I love both of them and I think every Mac girl should have both in their collection
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

Caderas

I pick Carbon hands down. I honestly haven't tried Black Tied myself, but when I have Jane Clubbing, I'm set. As much as I love MAC shadows, I turn towards drugstore for cheaper options as close as they are. Carbon Carbon Carbon!!

User27

Carbon is the better of the two. Black Tied stands out very little despite how shiny the glitter makes it look. There's a little square compact by Victoria's Secret called Very Sexy Fierce that has an amazing payoff. It's the only VS eye shadow I own but dayum, I have 2 of them just in case. There's a Smashbox color called Envy as well but my vote stays with VS because I'm in love.
bigheart.gif

bambibrneyes

If your going to use a liner, i think that carbon is great wet. if your going to use or need a base black tied. i have both. when i really need an all out matte black, i've used NYX black and its really stark and black and its also great as a liner, shadow and everything is really black. i hope this helps.