Not open for further replies.

capmorlovesmac

The new MAC smileys don't work again.
ssad.gif
They are back in the old folder.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
Mine is not. I am on this computer all day and I always check my spam folder because of work. Nothing from Specktra. FlaLadyB

I'm on the computer all day also and I'm still not getting them either. I've checked my spam folders and settings a few times. I make sure to check in through out the day...I got a couple PM's from members and none of them are getting theirs either. I mentioned to them to let you guys know by posting the information here.

jrm

Yet again I do my check back to specktra.net to see if the site is actually fixed or remotely working or if anyone seems to have bothered fixing anything with it... and yet again, I'm disappointed. For a site I used to visit multiple daily, and even donated to shortly before the change (and have been regretting it ever since) I'm basically completely lost for words. I just have no interest using a site that I find painful to use. It just gets me unbelievably ANGRY.

The size of the site still makes navigation woeful... a 900 odd wide pixel main window that doesn't expand even auto expand like every other bloody forum site? What the hell. I'm on a screen with nearly 1700 pixels wide. It makes navigation painful at best. I've been told I have to 'live' with this one - awesome. I can understand why the change - it means everything gets caught in that lovely CMS style window that annoys the hell out of me and makes navigations around the forum painful. I don't give a flying !$@#$ about the main site - I never go there. I go straight to the forums. I don't give a damn about the rest of the content on the site, and yet you want to push it on me and make navigating the useful part of the site painful. Bravo for awesome web design.

Let's see what else ... the navigation on threads is still awful and busted:
navigation.jpg

This seems to have been attempted to be fixed numerous times, and still isn't working right.

I don't get emailed when I get private messages, or sometimes I'll get an email saying I've gotten a private message - and then I visit the site, and it's not there until possibly days later.

Updates on threads don't get emailed to be unleess I visit the site. This kinda defeats the purpose of not visiting the site until a thread I'm initerested in is updated.

I'm sure I can list more problems - but these are the main pet peeves. It's been what - nearly 2 months of enduring a site that's broken and seems more oriented to the site owners making money from advertising than providing a resource for cosmetics lovers.

Regards
An ex-specktra lover.

Janice

Sorry you feel the way you do, unfortunately you are the only account reporting these issues (though I am not so naive to think it is isolated only to you). You haven't contacted me to report any ongoing issues, the technical team hasn't had any opportunity to use your account to diagnose the issues it is experiencing. I fail to recognize what element in your screenshot is busted, can you explain?

As far as advertising on the site goes, it's a necessary evil. I have all the love in the world for this community, but I lack unlimited pocketbooks to fund the costs the site incurs on a daily/monthly/yearly basis. A moot point regardless as a premium member you do not see ads, thank you for your support of the site.

jrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Is it because the page numbers are not in sequence....????

The text is on multiple lines - it's a bug since the new CMS went in.. It only happens on particular pages / threads oddly enough. I'm guessing it's relating to trying to fit all of the page elements inside the main site and not aligning perfectly. I've seen advertisements (when not logged in earlier) also have weird alignment issues on particular pages. All of this is under Firefox 3.0.6 if it helps any.

emmy282

I'm having a slight problem: when I go to the Double Dazzle swatch thread, it doesn't detect that I'm logged in, but when I go to log in, it says I already am.
Not a mayor problem at all, but it means I can't subscribe to it, or thank posters or anything like that.
Has this happened to anyone else?

P.S.: This only happens on that thread, as far as I'm aware.

1165Cheryl

I'm still not getting any Specktra emails regarding my PM's or forum updates. I've written to 2 different people, is there anything else I can do or write to?

Thanks
smiles.gif
)

Janice

Quote:
I get this almost every 5 minutes that I am logged on to the forum...any thread it is not specific to a certain one .. Not sure if it is my PC or not...But I have never gotten this on Specktra previously and I don't get this on no other forums I visit.

Oops! This link appears broken.
Suggestions:

I've reported this to the technical team. Thank you.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I'm still not getting any Specktra emails regarding my PM's or forum updates. I've written to 2 different people, is there anything else I can do or write to?

Thanks
smiles.gif
)

Hi Cheryl, as far as we can tell this issue has been resolved. The only thing I can think of is that your email provider might have blacklisted the specktra domain.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:

Thanks
smiles.gif
)

Can you please PM me your current e-mail address and I will make sure it is the one the PM notices are being sent to.
Thanks.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:

Thanks
smiles.gif
)

Same here, still not receiving any emails from Specktra
ssad.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Same here, still not receiving any emails from Specktra
ssad.gif

I don't get many, but I did notice that the couple I received recently, I did not receive e-mails like I used to. I didn't think enough of it to mention it until I was reading here.

COBI

Am I the only one that doesn't have the ability to "thank" anymore? I notice that others have posted recent "thanks", but I can't anymore.

The only buttons I have on any thread are "quote", "multi" and "quick". I miss thanking people!
ssad.gif

TISH1124

I only have Thanks in topic type threads...Not threads like Clearance bin, Hauls, Fotd, Welcome, etc...But I never have I don't think

Dreamergirl3

I can't thank in certain forums, but that's fine with me...I'm still able to thank in the 'more important' ones like Chatter.

Still not getting any emails, though
ssad.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I can't thank in certain forums, but that's fine with me...I'm still able to thank in the 'more important' ones like Chatter.

Still not getting any emails, though
ssad.gif

Quote:
I only have Thanks in topic type threads...Not threads like Clearance bin, Hauls, Fotd, Welcome, etc...But I never have I don't think

I know that thanks were/are only available in certain threads. That's how it used to be for me, now I don't have it in ANY threads. Not sure why. For example, in the MAC Well-defined SS Discussion, I don't have the "thanks" option anymore, but I can clearly see that others are thanking recent posts.

I think it disappeared for me sometime around the end of February; at least that's when I noticed.

th_dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.