Burberry Beauty

Winthrop44

View attachment 52264
Midnight Brown is to the left, and Rosewood is to the right. Sorry for a small pic, I'm having trouble making it bigger. Midnight isn't as dark as I expected, but it still lives up to the name. Rosewood is my favorite. It is a plumy, pinky taupe, and looks great with my green eyes. I'm wearing it today with the Sheer eyeshadow in Rosewood over it with an olive green eyeliner, and I am just loving it. Hope this helps!

I got Rosewood, Dusky Mauve and Stone Grey today. Only swatched on my arm but I love the colors and I did need MU remover to get them off.

KateH22

I've just received my first Burberry blush but I am worried that it had been used. When I opened there was quite a bit of powder inside the compact and on the transparent label on the mirror.

Whenever I bought makeup compacts from other brands, the compact could slip out of its velvet pouch as you opened the outside box. With the Burberry blush , the opening of the pouch was perpendicular to the opening of the box. Does anyone remember if this is how Burberry normally package their compacts?

I know it's not a certain indicator of whether it was used or not but it might indicate if it was opened before or not. Many thanks.:)

Icecaramellatte

I've just received my first Burberry blush but I am worried that it had been used. When I opened there was quite a bit of powder inside the compact and on the transparent label on the mirror.

Whenever I bought makeup compacts from other brands, the compact could slip out of its velvet pouch as you opened the outside box. With the Burberry blush , the opening of the pouch was perpendicular to the opening of the box. Does anyone remember if this is how Burberry normally package their compacts?

I know it's not a certain indicator of whether it was used or not but it might indicate if it was opened before or not. Many thanks.:)

Hmm. Hard to say. I only have 1 Burberry blush and I don't recall it being particularly powdery. I just opened some boxes yesterday of the highlighter and bronzer and none had a pouch that was perpendicular to the opening of the box. Someone probably did open it. Does the blush look disturbed? I just bought a compact from another brand. The last one. I never do that but it is not easy for me to get to this store. I opened it and saw fingerprints. The product had not been used but I was going to return it and order one online. After thinking it over, I realized it would too much trouble so I just cleaned off the outside. I was not happy though. The item I bought was not pricey like Burberry. Burberry has excellent presentation. If it is not too much trouble, return it.

Icecaramellatte

Oh I picked up the Burberry bronzer. I'm not sure the color is right for me. It was kind of hard pressed so we'll see. I haven't tried it on my face yet. I went to Nordies and the MA told me they were getting it. He thought it would have come with the highlighters and was surprised when it didn't. He said he would call me when it came in. I wasn't sure I believed they would come in. A few days before, I had contacted Burberry online to ask about a restock or which stores had it. They said they had no info on a restock but told me a store that had it. When I called the store, they said they didn't have it. So I asked if they had it and it sold out. After much back and forth, the SA found it and said it was being held for an event next month but she sold me one. I wanted to get Nordies in case it didn't work for me but I just got so excited. They didn't even have it on display when I went there. A finger swipe tells me it may be too light and I'll have a hard time picking up product but the highlighter portion was quite pretty. We'll see, my highlighter stock is high right now. I just got the two new Burberry ones yesterday. I ordered online but I saw them at Nordies earlier in the week. Oh I also picked up the contour pen and the Oxblood liner. I watched a Burberry Video and saw the MA use Oxblood lip liner so I had to get it. I wore it with Oxblood lip cover yesterday and it is a perfect match. I'm kind of wanting Oxblood in the Lip Velvet now.

Oh and the MA at Nordies used the highlighter pen on me too. I can see uses for it. I passed. For now anyway.

elegant-one

I got Rosewood, Dusky Mauve and Stone Grey today. Only swatched on my arm but I love the colors and I did need MU remover to get them off.

You didn't like Midnight Brown? Can you describe the Stone Grey for me? I forgot to pick these up. Have you tried them on your eyes yet?

KateH22

Hmm. Hard to say. I only have 1 Burberry blush and I don't recall it being particularly powdery. I just opened some boxes yesterday of the highlighter and bronzer and none had a pouch that was perpendicular to the opening of the box. Someone probably did open it. Does the blush look disturbed? I just bought a compact from another brand. The last one. I never do that but it is not easy for me to get to this store. I opened it and saw fingerprints. The product had not been used but I was going to return it and order one online. After thinking it over, I realized it would too much trouble so I just cleaned off the outside. I was not happy though. The item I bought was not pricey like Burberry. Burberry has excellent presentation. If it is not too much trouble, return it.

Thank you for your reply. It's very helpful. I think I'm going to return it. I live about 40 miles away from a nearest Burberry counter so I'm going to order from Burberry themselves.

Winthrop44

You didn't like Midnight Brown? Can you describe the Stone Grey for me? I forgot to pick these up. Have you tried them on your eyes yet?

I do...I will probably order that one and pale copper today, just wanted to see how I liked them first. Stone Grey is a pretty neutral grey, no blue in it to my eye but less warm than the es.

http://www.theraeviewer.com/2016/02/burberry-eye-colour-contour-eye-smoke.html

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/08/burberry-beauty-wet-dry-silk-eyeshadows.html

Rosewood looks a bit lighter on me than in the above swatch, probably because of the shimmer they are hard to photograph. I tried Rosewood and Dusky Mauve quickly on one eye just to see that DM did not emphasize dark circles. :)

Last edited:

awickedshape

Oh I picked up the Burberry bronzer. I'm not sure the color is right for me. It was kind of hard pressed so we'll see. I haven't tried it on my face yet. I went to Nordies and the MA told me they were getting it. He thought it would have come with the highlighters and was surprised when it didn't. He said he would call me when it came in. I wasn't sure I believed they would come in. A few days before, I had contacted Burberry online to ask about a restock or which stores had it. They said they had no info on a restock but told me a store that had it. When I called the store, they said they didn't have it. So I asked if they had it and it sold out. After much back and forth, the SA found it and said it was being held for an event next month but she sold me one. I wanted to get Nordies in case it didn't work for me but I just got so excited. They didn't even have it on display when I went there. A finger swipe tells me it may be too light and I'll have a hard time picking up product but the highlighter portion was quite pretty. We'll see, my highlighter stock is high right now. I just got the two new Burberry ones yesterday. I ordered online but I saw them at Nordies earlier in the week. Oh I also picked up the contour pen and the Oxblood liner. I watched a Burberry Video and saw the MA use Oxblood lip liner so I had to get it. I wore it with Oxblood lip cover yesterday and it is a perfect match. I'm kind of wanting Oxblood in the Lip Velvet now.

Oh and the MA at Nordies used the highlighter pen on me too. I can see uses for it. I passed. For now anyway.

Did you take any swatch pics of the bronzer?
Oxblood liner looks great.
Ordered the Oxblood kisses lipstick last week

elegant-one

I do...I will probably order that one and pale copper today, just wanted to see how I liked them first. Stone Grey is a pretty neutral grey, no blue in it to my eye but less warm than the es.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/08/burberry-beauty-wet-dry-silk-eyeshadows.html

Rosewood looks a bit lighter on me than in the above swatch, probably because of the shimmer they are hard to photograph. I tried Rosewood and Dusky Mauve quickly on one eye just to see that DM did not emphasize dark circles. :)

Well that's good lol ;) Ok, Midnight Brown & Grey & probably the copper one which looks so pretty! Thanks!!!

I thought NM carried Burberry but I don't see it on the site.

Winthrop44

Well that's good lol ;) Ok, Midnight Brown & Grey & probably the copper one which looks so pretty! Thanks!!!

I thought NM carried Burberry but I don't see it on the site.

No, I was always surprised that they don't carry it, at least online they don't. Just clothing and fragrances.

Lile

Thank you! I'm planning on getting pale copper and midnight brown. And probably rosewood.

Latest posts