Burberry Beauty

GreenEyedAllie

Rosewood and Dusky Mauve, but to be fair I haven't seen Midnight Brown and Pale Copper irl yet.

Ah. Thanks! MB and PC were actually the ones I was leaning towards with RW at #3. Are these perm? I may just wait for more swatches since there's a bunch of Chanel stuff I want to grab.

elegant-one

Rosewood and Dusky Mauve, but to be fair I haven't seen Midnight Brown and Pale Copper irl yet.

Hope you love them. I would like to know about the concealer too.

It got good reviews from the few that I could find. I really love Burberry's simple no make up - makeup look. I have the lightest shade of the contour stick & I use it all the time in my crease for no makeup days.

jebogewf

I've just received my first Burberry blush but I am worried that it had been used. When I opened there was quite a bit of powder inside the compact and on the transparent label on the mirror.

Whenever I bought makeup compacts from other brands, the compact could slip out of its velvet pouch as you opened the outside box. With the Burberry blush , the opening of the pouch was perpendicular to the opening of the box. Does anyone remember if this is how Burberry normally package their compacts?

I know it's not a certain indicator of whether it was used or not but it might indicate if it was opened before or not. Many thanks.:)

I haven't been here in what feels like forever, but I wanted to answer your question about how Burberry packages their products. They do put their products in sideways. I have a lot of Burberry, and everything I've ever gotten has always been put in the box that way. Idk why. Maybe so the blush itself won't fall out of the velvet pouch when you first open it (not that I've ever had that happen anyway).

As for the excess powder, I think a little bit might be okay. It all depends on just how much there was. I don't think it was used, it just could have gotten jostled around in shipping a bit. I know I've had this happen to me before.

Sabrunka

If that's an eyeshadow palette, it's GORGEOUS, but I wouldn't use it. It's more of a piece to put on display. Plus the color variety is lacking.

Prettypackages

Oh I picked up the Burberry bronzer. I'm not sure the color is right for me. It was kind of hard pressed so we'll see. I haven't tried it on my face yet. I went to Nordies and the MA told me they were getting it. He thought it would have come with the highlighters and was surprised when it didn't. He said he would call me when it came in. I wasn't sure I believed they would come in. A few days before, I had contacted Burberry online to ask about a restock or which stores had it. They said they had no info on a restock but told me a store that had it. When I called the store, they said they didn't have it. So I asked if they had it and it sold out. After much back and forth, the SA found it and said it was being held for an event next month but she sold me one. I wanted to get Nordies in case it didn't work for me but I just got so excited. They didn't even have it on display when I went there. A finger swipe tells me it may be too light and I'll have a hard time picking up product but the highlighter portion was quite pretty. We'll see, my highlighter stock is high right now. I just got the two new Burberry ones yesterday. I ordered online but I saw them at Nordies earlier in the week. Oh I also picked up the contour pen and the Oxblood liner. I watched a Burberry Video and saw the MA use Oxblood lip liner so I had to get it. I wore it with Oxblood lip cover yesterday and it is a perfect match. I'm kind of wanting Oxblood in the Lip Velvet now.

Oh and the MA at Nordies used the highlighter pen on me too. I can see uses for it. I passed. For now anyway.
oxblood is gorgeous.

Jeezus, this is beautiful

elegant-one

I got the Midnight Brown eye smoke & sculpt pen - I love it! I was expecting it to be a bit darker brown, but its beautiful. I rimmed around my eye & blended it out - perfect!

KateH22

I haven't been here in what feels like forever, but I wanted to answer your question about how Burberry packages their products. They do put their products in sideways. I have a lot of Burberry, and everything I've ever gotten has always been put in the box that way. Idk why. Maybe so the blush itself won't fall out of the velvet pouch when you first open it (not that I've ever had that happen anyway).

As for the excess powder, I think a little bit might be okay. It all depends on just how much there was. I don't think it was used, it just could have gotten jostled around in shipping a bit. I know I've had this happen to me before.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. That's reassuring to know.:)

KateH22

View attachment 52264
Midnight Brown is to the left, and Rosewood is to the right. Sorry for a small pic, I'm having trouble making it bigger. Midnight isn't as dark as I expected, but it still lives up to the name. Rosewood is my favorite. It is a plumy, pinky taupe, and looks great with my green eyes. I'm wearing it today with the Sheer eyeshadow in Rosewood over it with an olive green eyeliner, and I am just loving it. Hope this helps!

PS Wore the new London with Love heart bronzer, it is awesome! Just enough to warm my face up, but not enough to look orange or "dirty".

Thank you for your swatches. Can I ask how similar is the Sheer Eyeshadow in Rosewood to the pen in Rosewood? Thanks.