Burberry Beauty

Sugar & Spice

I tried the lip mist on today when I was shopping and I just had to get it, the formula is just too great to pass up. I'm keeping the receipt in case it melts and I'll take it back and exchange it for a new one if that happens.

I was given a sample of the Fresh Glow highlighter to try, I'll come back with my thoughts on it when I test it out. I was also given a sample of the foundation but I threw it away because I already have a HG foundation and not looking to purchase a new one. Plus it looked too orange so I doubt it would have matched anyway.

BlahWah

swatches of the Burberry velvet foundation would be so great please! I'm NC20 but i can't decide on what color i should get. =( I tried the 204 but it's too dark and orangey
I might be able to do some but they would be with old samples and not until next week. Hopefully someone can help before then but if not, I will do what I can. =)

In the mean time.... does anyone know what's in the upcoming GWP? I know it's a full-sized e/s, deluxe sample size l/s, mini Burberry Body and a cosmetic bag. I really want to know what the e/s and l/s are! I'm thinking of getting Russet blush, Sepia Pink/Dark Sable/Military Red and another blush/the powder foundation/the concealer.... I wish my wallet wasn't so empty! And that it wasn't so expensive in Canada. =(

Ikram

I might be able to do some but they would be with old samples and not until next week. Hopefully someone can help before then but if not, I will do what I can. =)
In the mean time.... does anyone know what's in the upcoming GWP? I know it's a full-sized e/s, deluxe sample size l/s, mini Burberry Body and a cosmetic bag. I really want to know what the e/s and l/s are! I'm thinking of getting Russet blush, Sepia Pink/Dark Sable/Military Red and another blush/the powder foundation/the concealer.... I wish my wallet wasn't so empty! And that it wasn't so expensive in Canada. =(
Recently the GWP was Pale Rose (or pale pink) eyeshadow- one of the colors to be discontinued. Lipstick were just those sample cards, no actual mini.

BlahWah

I booked a makeover w Burberry tomorrow and was told that the shadow is either Pearl White or Pearl Blue, both of which are being discontinued. =( I'm debating buying the one that I don't get in the GWP but I don't know how Pearl Blue would look on my Asian skin or if it's better to just have Porcelain White instead of both white shadows. :shrugs:

BlahWah

Doh, I forgot to take pictures! Ah well, I thought it was a bit overdone anyway, foundation/powder-wise. the MUA was really accomodating though - I got to try 4 different lips!

I ended up walking away with: Russet Blush, Peony Rose and Pink Azalea Lip Velvet lipsticks. I tried on Sepia Pink which I was hoping would be a replacement to my Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle (found out I'm allergic to it... ) but it pulled brown on me, I think bc of the natural brown in my lip colour. Peony Rose is the closest for me and is essentially MLBB, a little less bright than Mademoiselle. Pink Azalea is a beautiful berry red that can be worn so easily as a stain and built up to a non-overwhelming darker lip.

Lip velvets are amazing. Of course, they're drier than the lip covers but I can wear them comfortably all day with maybe a dab of gloss or lip balm. The packaging is also matte! I wasn't expecting that so I squealed with delight when I unpackaged it. Since I was having a makeover and not fiddling with testers on my own, I didn't realize the matching packaging until later. =D

Having tested the Velvet Foundations, I think I'm going to stick with the Sheer Foundation for now. It's a gorgeous finish but I find it a bit too matte for my tastes. That might change once winter hits! I'm not quite back to NC25 yet but 202 works well enough on me (I posted the wrong colour earlier, sorry! I'll fix the post!!)

I'll try to take pics of the products tonight. Sorry I can't get around to it earlier!

BlahWah

Quote: Originally Posted by BlahWah

Pink Azalea is a beautiful berry red that can be worn so easily as a stain and built up to a non-overwhelming darker lip.

Having tested the Velvet Foundations, I think I'm going to stick with the Sheer Foundation for now. It's a gorgeous finish but I find it a bit too matte for my tastes. That might change once winter hits! I'm not quite back to NC25 yet but 202 works well enough on me (I posted the wrong colour earlier, sorry! I'll fix the post!!)

Sorry for the preggy-mommy brain, which apparently affects how I see colours as well. Pink Azalea is definitely berry and has elements of red (of course) but not a berry red. As in, it's not a red with berry tones. It's definitely a berry, a deep one. Hopefully one of the bloggers post on it soon so you'd have a better idea than my brain-fogged description.

Also, I do actually have a sample of 203. Sorry for the confusion! And yes, it's still working on me fairly well, altho a bit too pale with Fresh Glow underneath (not mixed in as I usually have it).

And swatches. Should my toddler nap well tomorrow, they shall be done. =)

BlahWah

Do you know whether the Lip Velvets are paraben-free?
I'll have to wait till I get back home to check the boxes. We're currently living in a hotel while the condo fixes our ceiling. Sounded like fun at first but in reality... having a fridge full of food is nice!

Miss QQ

I am using #6 sheer foundation (said #7 wrongly previously) and was matched to 201 velvet foundation, but I personally find it too pale. 202 is more pink, so maybe 203 would be good, but I wouldn't be buying the foundation for now. I tried Mulberry eyeshadow on my eyes and didn't like it at all. It made me look tired and sick. Sepia Pink is beautiful though! My counter is not getting the lip velvets or eyeshadow quads. Has anyone seen the quads in real?

mjacqueline

Hi all, I just recently bought the velvet foundation, I am a NC30-35 matched with Burberry Sheer foundation in Trench 7, I was matched to the velvet foundation in 204. This is one foundation you need to try on your skin because another friend of mine who is fairer and has a pink tone was matched to 205. I'm not posting review yet because I want to try it out a little more before I do a detailed one but you can see swatches at the thread because I posted some up. Initial thoughts: I love the coverage, Matt but does not look flat on the face. I have very oily skin so after abut 5 hours I need to blot. Medium to full coverage and applies very well with fingers. I kinda love it. I hope this helps.

Ikram

I am using #6 sheer foundation (said #7 wrongly previously) and was matched to 201 velvet foundation, but I personally find it too pale. 202 is more pink, so maybe 203 would be good, but I wouldn't be buying the foundation for now. I tried Mulberry eyeshadow on my eyes and didn't like it at all. It made me look tired and sick. Sepia Pink is beautiful though! My counter is not getting the lip velvets or eyeshadow quads. Has anyone seen the quads in real?
Dont think the quads are out anywhere. Last time I asked about them at the counter they have never heard of them.
So lets see what happens. Not that I need anymore quads.
I am getting Guerlain quad as well as Holiday Chanel so I do not mind Burberry to come out later. For now I will not buy anymore Burberry singles just to wait it out.

That's too bad you are not getting the velvets. I am not into bold lip but I got lured by a youtube video showing Pink Azalea. I might go to the counter today if I have time and ask the SA to choose bold fall shade for me.
Love Burberry lippies, they are my HG so I am sure I will like these more than Chanel Velvets.

Ikram

Just got Pink Azalea lip velvet.

The mysterious eye quads are for real and will be out in November!!!!

peanut

Not crazy about the diagonal design but, still, resistance is futile:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/10/burberry-vintage-gold-eye-palettes-new.html

I'll want them all! This is really going to mess up my holiday makeup budget! lol!

xbuttonsx

Not crazy about the diagonal design but, still, resistance is futile:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/10/burberry-vintage-gold-eye-palettes-new.html

I'll want them all! This is really going to mess up my holiday makeup budget! lol!
OMG I'm so stoked.

Icecaramellatte

I just bought my first Burberry Pale Barley Eyeshadow and Mocha Glow lipstick. Love them both. I wanted Mulberry but they were out of stock. I plan to go back for that one as well as Dark Sable and a few others. Now these new eye quads, do they contain existing colors or new colors?