Burberry Beauty

Ikram

I dont think the eyeliners are their strong products. From what I heard the mascara and liners are the weakest of the line.
Eyeshadows, foundation, blush, lipsticks and glosses are great introduction.

peanut

I got my package yesterday and will try out the new foundation today. By the way, I wear #6 in the Sheer Cover foundation and my SA was pretty sure I would wear 206 in the new foundation. But she sent me a note saying that she ended up choosing 203, which in the bottle, looks almost identical to 206. So, I guess the shades are different after all. I'll let you know how good a match it is for NW20-25.

At first swipe, I don't think you need Porcelain White if you have White Pearl. And I thought that Dark Sable looked almost identical to Taupe Brown, but a quick swipe showed that Dark Sable is actually more neutral brown-toned while Taupe Brown is more of a charcoal brown. Mulberry looks wonderful!! Looking forward to trying it! I also got Sepia Pink, which looked too dark for me in the tube but may work out fine after all -- kind of a rosey MLBB.

Ladychris11

I got my package yesterday and will try out the new foundation today. By the way, I wear #6 in the Sheer Cover foundation and my SA was pretty sure I would wear 206 in the new foundation. But she sent me a note saying that she ended up choosing 203, which in the bottle, looks almost identical to 206. So, I guess the shades are different after all. I'll let you know how good a match it is for NW20-25. At first swipe, I don't think you need Porcelain White if you have White Pearl. And I thought that Dark Sable looked almost identical to Taupe Brown, but a quick swipe showed that Dark Sable is actually more neutral brown-toned while Taupe Brown is more of a charcoal brown. Mulberry looks wonderful!! Looking forward to trying it! I also got Sepia Pink, which looked too dark for me in the tube but may work out fine after all -- kind of a rosey MLBB. 
Omg so excited do update us! :)

mjacqueline

I find the concealer pens provide light coverage, it would be probably better for someone who does not have serious dark circles around the eyes. It does not cake and feels lightweight.

peanut

So I've worn the Velvet foundation for a couple days now. I thought the 203 I received was going to be too light, but it actually got a bit darker after it dried. It's a pretty good match for my NW20-25 complexion except it's yellow toned and I prefer something more neutral.

The first day I applied it (on top of a primer), I thought I wouldn't be able to wear it because it felt too dry. After a short time though, it melted right in and felt quite comfortable. The second day I applied a moisturizer underneath and had no problem. It's a definite improvement over the Sheer for length of wear. It looked great 6 hours later when I checked.

I spoke with Susie, my SA in Walnut Creek (she's wonderful!), regarding other shades that might work better. Since I can't get to a counter to pick a color myself I like to know all my options. Here's what she told me:

201 - very pale yellow toned
202 - very pale lt pink toned
203 - light yellow toned
204 - slightly darker than 204, also yellow toned
205 - deeper than 203 but less yellow

I'm interested in 205 since it's less yellow, but it might be too dark. The 203 that I have may be just fine -- I'll just try to remember that the yellow is canceling red. lol!

Sabrina put up a wonderful review of the eye shadows today:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/08/burberry-autumnwinter-2012-sheer.html

peanut

Has anyone tried Burberry's concealer pens? I'm really interested but don't have a counter around me.
I like the concealer itself, but not necessarily the pen. I find that I click it once and wait. And wait. And wait some more. And nothing happens. So I click it twice and then get way too much. It finally ran out so I bought another one. Maybe this pen won't be so irritable. I have it in #2 and wear #6 in the Sheer foundation. I agree with mjacqueline -- it's not a heavy-duty concealer, but it also doesn't sink into fine lines. Very natural.

Ladychris11

Thanks for this! Is the 204 darker than the 203? Because in the sheer luminous foundations Trench 04 is lighter than 03. I was about to order 204 since I'm a trench 04 in the old ones. Good thing I still haven't! Nc15-20 here. You think I may have to get 201?

peanut

Nc15-20 here. You think I may have to get 201?
Oops...I see I messed that up. Yes, 204 is slightly darker than 203. I thought 203 was around an NC25, maybe NC20. I spoke with one other person who ordered. She is an NC25 and 204 was recommended. So it sounds like you're going to be 201 or 203. I hope you can get a good match! I'm supposed to be getting a few samples, in which case I'll let you know just how light 201 is.

Ladychris11

Oops...I see I messed that up. Yes, 204 is slightly darker than 203. I thought 203 was around an NC25, maybe NC20. I spoke with one other person who ordered. She is an NC25 and 204 was recommended. So it sounds like you're going to be 201 or 203. I hope you can get a good match! I'm supposed to be getting a few samples, in which case I'll let you know just how light 201 is. 
Great! Thanks a bunch! :)

Miss QQ

I can't wait to try the new foundation. I'm about NC20 and use sheer foundation #6. Maybe 203 or 204 for me, and depending on how neutral or pink or yellow 205 is.

Ladychris11

I can't wait to try the new foundation. I'm about NC20 and use sheer foundation #7. Maybe 203 or 204 for me, and depending on how neutral or pink or yellow 205 is.
Please do let us know what you think and what shade you're matched to :) I have no burberry counter where I live so I will be purchasing online and guessing my shade! :)

Ladychris11

Hi girls! Any news on the new foundation? No one seems to be posting a review on the blogosphere either! I wonder how it can go so unnoticed, like there were Ads everywhere and everyone just shrugged it off in favor of Mulberry and the lip covers lol

Neicy

I have a sample coming. The sa said it would be ok for dry skin. I have read it was too matte, we shall see.

BlahWah

I was able to get a sample of the new foundation from Holts Toronto on Bloor Street. As a Asian gal with golden undertones, I am currently using Trench No. 7 in the Sheer foundation with Fresh Glow mixed in to lighten it a bit. In the winter I'm Trench No. 5. I've matched with MUFE 125 (altho I find it a bit pink for me) and I'm typically between NC25-30. I currently match best with Medium-Dark Careblend pressed powder. (sorry for that long bit, just wanted to give as best idea as possible given matching foundation colours are so particular!)

The SA said that she finds it oxidizes pretty quickly so it's better to go a bit lighter than you'd expect if judging by bottle alone. It did seem to darken before my eyes as she rubbed it into her hand with a finger. I got 204 and 203, going first with the sample of 204. I do love how it looks when I first apply it but I haven't noticed much difference in appearance as the day goes on. Note that I work at Starbucks (read: not exactly a cool working environment) and recently have been outside more than usual. I've tried it with/without P&P transparent pressed powder, with/without Summer Glow palette all over, buffed in with either 187 or MUFE kabuki. None have really made a huge difference in wear time. It looked fantastic on the SA tho! In the nicely AC'd Holt's store, of course. ;-)

I'll try it again when the weather cools and also with various coverage levels (I'm doing medium coverage with a 190 brush). I have found it's more sheer than the original foundation which the SA also mentioned. Strange, I know!

Ladychris11

^ thank you so much! That's very helpful. Now I know I shold get shade 1 for sure! :) really inetersting that it's sheer as well :)

Sugar & Spice

I got around to trying out the lip mist samples I received and they are great to say the least. However due to the melting factor I've read from reviews, I won't be purchasing any.

susantn81

swatches of the Burberry velvet foundation would be so great please! I'm NC20 but i can't decide on what color i should get. =( I tried the 204 but it's too dark and orangey